UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate Meta-Multiverse: Greatest Hits

A great joke has gone unnoticed...

When I browsed some current highly frequented threads yesterday, I came across a lot unnoticed jokes actually being worth noticed. :blush:

We should be a little more sensitive for those! :yes:

Yes, this is me indulging my terrifying gift of thread recall (and mind-boggling excess of free time) again...

Simply put, I just felt like sharing some of the funniest MMMV gags I've chanced upon in my brief few months of "trawling the archives", bringing some of the board's unsung LOL moments (and the reasons why I keep coming back :)) back to the fore... And yes, some of these I really did bookmark :blink:

Hard to believe this was only a couple weeks ago

DST's evil conspiracy to rid the world of Minimate collectors

The Multiverse = Earth 616

The Illuminati... Ivan certainly does have a gift (you have to read the thread a bit to get it though)

Minimate Week 2008 Contests - some of them are the very essence of funny (one-liners galore)

And of course who can forget Wave 30?

P.S. Anyone else with more funny MMMV posts (or even more free time than me :ohmy: ) feel free to share

Edited by NorthRaider

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great idea and nice selection as well, NR!

I really like the moments when the "right guys" (usual suspects, easy to pick. Karamazov, BHM, Mincedpig7s, etc.) are in the mood starting to hijack (:ohmy:) a thread. There are better ones, but this might be an example.

If you want the really odd threads you have to go back to 2006 when it seemed Ady & I had too much time on our hands and spent a lot of time on MSN talking nonsense, and some of it spilled over!

The first and last post in this thread are amusing for very different reasons.

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=572

T.

p.s. *PUTS ON STAFF HAT* Much as it's fun to read these threads if they are old please do not necro them just to add a LOL or smiliey comment

... hence the birth of this thread :)

And good gravy TBT, here I thought we newer guys could talk some total nonsense :lol:

I'm oddly partial to these Spirit-related ones (the guy oddly lends himself to a lot of jokes):

That's the spirit redux (amazingly the gag stays funny for four consecutive posts, especially with the lone ranger hijack :P)

The Great Vic Sage-Renee Montoya debate (including the truth about Batwoman :ohmy:)

The Christmas Special (one of TM2 Dinobot's more "tasteful" contributions :lol:)

And good gravy TBT, here I thought we newer guys could talk some total nonsense :lol:

back in the day when the place was new and shiny and there were perhaps only a dozen or so regular members pretty much every thread had a major spin of silly banter.

Here's a typical example of a thread that started with an almost reasonable idea but went south(pun intended) pretty quickly!

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=4

You should do some of your digging back in the earliest posts NR you might not recognise the names but some of that stuff is priceless.

T.

How long you figure it will take before people are no longer born with "little toes"? I personally think it will be due to rapid mutation, and not forced toe removal.

Edited by karamazov80

I actually don't believe that we will lose the pinky toe. It has been proven that we use the big toe and the pinky toe in order to balance ourselves. This stated I believe what will happen is basket ball players will actually develope 5 equally large toes seeing as how they get that extra little lift from them and non basketball players will lose all but the big and pinky toes. Unless of course some country comes up with a way of attacking useless appendages in which case only the basketball player will survive what will be known as the "die fat lazy guy" epidemic.

Edited by vbpanizzi

I figure that, as people stop walking or standing, there will be much less need for balance via those toes. Feet will only be needed to press the pedals in our little electric carts. When the NBA realizes that people love dunks, the goal will be lowered to 6 feet, and everyone will be able to dunk without jumping.

This thread gets better and better. Thanks again for coming up with that idea.

(And I already love the way Mincedpig7s' putting the whole thing on the next meta-perspective level!)

And of course who can forget Wave 30?

What I loved in that thread is, that elhonez already had the right idea to decipher the code here but it took a few more posts by him pointing out his solution, until another 'verser realizes elhonez' genius!

Oh, but keep talking about toes. Go ahead. :tongue:

The Christmas Special (one of TM2 Dinobot's more "tasteful" contributions :lol:)

As opposed to what? My ability to start flame wars? :rolleyes:

Actually, it honestly surprises me how not-unnoticeable I am here. But in a good way. I mean I've been to other places where they've had entire secret forums that I was the only one who can't get into, just so they could talk about ways to get me to leave. Seriously, I've got friends who can verify this. But here people actually notice me, and not in a horrible bad way. Well, maybe it's just NR. But she notices everyone. :)

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

As opposed to what? My ability to start flame wars? :rolleyes:

Actually, it honestly surprises me how not-unnoticeable I am here. But in a good way. I mean I've been to other places where they've had entire secret forums that I was the only one who can't get into, just so they could talk about ways to get me to leave. Seriously, I've got friends who can verify this. But here people actually notice me, and not in a horrible bad way. Well, maybe it's just NR. But she notices everyone. :)

Why do I not find that hard to believe?

BTW being noticed isn't always a good thing...

T.

back in the day when the place was new and shiny and there were perhaps only a dozen or so regular members pretty much every thread had a major spin of silly banter.

Here's a typical example of a thread that started with an almost reasonable idea but went south(pun intended) pretty quickly!

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=4

You should do some of your digging back in the earliest posts NR you might not recognise the names but some of that stuff is priceless.

T.

Christ almighty, TOPIC 4, the forth ever, madness.

I also appeard to post twice in that thread under different accounts, weird.

Oh hai! Im like candyman btw, say my name and bamf, here I am

Actually, it honestly surprises me how not-unnoticeable I am here. But in a good way. I mean I've been to other places where they've had entire secret forums that I was the only one who can't get into, just so they could talk about ways to get me to leave.

Thanks for the idea! :thumbsup:

So, how do you start a secret forum...

Good question... and while we're solving some forum mysteries here: What's the "Add as a Friend" function really for?

Here's a fun-looking thread idea we should probably revive (without the thread necro obviously): Ask Xorn

And Ady's post reminds me... the Multiverse is officially three years old!