• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are:

Iron Man

The incredible Hulk

Punisher War Zone

That's it, right?

So I stick with my first guess Nick Fury as the Silver Age hero and the Mr. Jackson Variant.

But the Fwoosh clue bugs me:

Clue 3:

Variant: Costume variant from the summer of 1977...

Edited by Bob Harris

series 25

Clue 1:

1 Hero

4 Villains

1 new character yet to pick a side

Clue 2:

Pack 1: One of the best Hero-Arch Enemy relationships in comics

Pack 2: Both Gamma powered, yet they've never met

Pack 3: Both tried to kill Wolverine, one is an army builder

Clue 3:

Variant: Costume variant from the summer of 1977...

OK you geniuses go go go!!!

I'm thinking that none of these waves have a central theme, though wave 25 might be Wolverine related. I doubt it is movie related though. Also, I'm not so sure that the army builder set is necessarily the variant set, at least not with the guesses I made in regards to wave 25.

The way these clues keep taking my guesses and completely destroying them, I halfway expect tomorrow's clue to read:

"CLUE 4: No one's guesses have been right so far"

Clue 3:

Variant:

Early version of 2008 movie-appearing character

TheFwoosh.net Clue 3

i can't see it being a hulk, iron man or punisher...... an early nick fury makes no sense unless its a ww2 nick fury

so early doc samson, iron monger, jigsaw which means we'd have to get an up to date verison as the normal figure & i can't see that out of those 3

so my conclusion is.....i need more alcohol & lots of it....STAT!!!

first ever sabertooth!!!!

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/marvelda...ronFistV114.jpg

anyway to have a look at what marvel put out comic wise in the summer of 1977 here's the link

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Category:1977%2C_June

i started in june and looked through to october nothing really caught my eye except iron fist #14 too

Edited by winkerbean

So... what happened in the summer of '77?

Sabretooth first appeared in Iron Fist #14. Matches pretty well with the "tried to kill Wolverine" clue, eh?

By Jove!! you have cracked it. Aug 1977. so modern sabretooth and big fur lined collar as the variant!!

Nice Job Hellpop!!

Thanks... a part of me thought that I should keep that to myself, but it just didn't seem sporting. Minimates are about sharing, right?

I also think this means that Wolvie/Deadpool is the first pack in Wave 26, rather then Deadpool/Sabes. Of course, Wolvie/Sabes could be the "Best Archenemies" pack... argh!

Anyway, I feel safe in saying that we are getting:

Sabretooth

Deadpool

Wolverine in some form (great...)

Rulk

Clue #2

Pack 1:

Healing factors aren't all these two have in common

could be X-23 & Deadpool, she's a girl clone of wolvie, he's got a healing factor taken from wolverine, both created by weapon x

or maverick he has a healing factor and worked for weapon x

Edited by winkerbean

maybe we're reading the clues wrong. Maybe "early version" means the FA of someone who was in a movie in 08. And maybe they mean the COSTUME variation of someone in 77. Not the character itself. Understand? Like, in 77, did anyone change costumes?

I seriously think Hellpop is right on wave 25.

costume variation was his first appearance...and either A. arch foe or C. tried to kill wolverine. Sabretooth

Clue #2

Pack 1:

Healing factors aren't all these two have in common

could be X-23 & Deadpool, she's a girl clone of wolvie, he's got a healing factor taken from wolverine, both created by weapon x

or maverick he has a healing factor and worked for weapon x

x23 is a completely lame ass character. I certainly HOPE she isnt made before Red Skull

Edited by murderofcrows

Well, Spider-Man was fighting the third Green Goblin, evil psychiatrist Bart Hamilton. Spidey also fought Kraven the Hunter, the Tarantula, the Molten Man and Doctor Faustus. The Rocket Racer, Will O The Wisp, the Lightmaster and the White Tiger all made their first appearances.

In the Fantastic Four, the team had to deal with Galactus, the High Evolutionary and the Impossible Man. Then the Frightful Four showed up (with Sandman in that masked green costume he sometimes wears) with a new member - the Brute, an alternate-dimension Reed Richards.

In the Avengers, they had to deal with the Grim Reaper, Ultron, the first appearance of Jocasta, and Wonder Man got a new costume. A very ugly costume.

Ms. Marvel first appeared this year in her classic "look at my belly button" costume. She would get a more modest costume by year's end, and fight the Scorpion, the Doomsday Man, MODOK and the armies of AIM.

The Invaders were in their second year of their comic, and fought the Scarlet Scarab, Agent Axis, and a Nazi Frankenstein. And the Kid Commandos. led by Bucky, were introduced.

Dr. Strange did some mystic stuff. Maybe saved the universe. And he was still dating Clea.

Power Man was on the run, after being exposed as a fugitive. He ended up in Chicago, the Chris Claremont took over writing his title and started his famed long-standing partnership with Iron Fist.

Over in Hulk, he fought the Bi-Beast, Jack of Hearts, the Absorbing Man, the Quintronic Man, the Constrictor and Dr. Druid.

Daredevil fought Bullseye, Hr. Hyde, the Cobra, the Man-Bull and the Owl, and wondered how long he had to wait until Frank Miller made his comic interesting.

Based on the covers, it looks like Thor fought Mangog, Hela, Ulik the Rock Troll, the Grey Gargoyle and the Stone Men from Saturn, who are now my guess for the army builders.

In the Defenders, they were dealing with Scorpio and the Zodiac, and were helped by Moon Knight. Valkirie wore a new costume for a brief time, a one-sleeved leotard that she didn't wear for long.

And finally, the X-Men were just beginning the classic run of Chris Claremont stories, staring with the first appearance of the Phoenix, a battle with Black Tom Cassidy and the Juggernaut, Magneto, Firelord, and the Shiar Imperial Guard.

Well, Spider-Man was fighting the third Green Goblin, evil psychiatrist Bart Hamilton. Spidey also fought Kraven the Hunter, the Tarantula, the Molten Man and Doctor Faustus. The Rocket Racer, Will O The Wisp, the Lightmaster and the White Tiger all made their first appearances.

In the Fantastic Four, the team had to deal with Galactus, the High Evolutionary and the Impossible Man. Then the Frightful Four showed up (with Sandman in that masked green costume he sometimes wears) with a new member - the Brute, an alternate-dimension Reed Richards.

In the Avengers, they had to deal with the Grim Reaper, Ultron, the first appearance of Jocasta, and Wonder Man got a new costume. A very ugly costume.

Ms. Marvel first appeared this year in her classic "look at my belly button" costume. She would get a more modest costume by year's end, and fight the Scorpion, the Doomsday Man, MODOK and the armies of AIM.

The Invaders were in their second year of their comic, and fought the Scarlet Scarab, Agent Axis, and a Nazi Frankenstein. And the Kid Commandos. led by Bucky, were introduced.

Dr. Strange did some mystic stuff. Maybe saved the universe. And he was still dating Clea.

Power Man was on the run, after being exposed as a fugitive. He ended up in Chicago, the Chris Claremont took over writing his title and started his famed long-standing partnership with Iron Fist.

Over in Hulk, he fought the Bi-Beast, Jack of Hearts, the Absorbing Man, the Quintronic Man, the Constrictor and Dr. Druid.

Daredevil fought Bullseye, Hr. Hyde, the Cobra, the Man-Bull and the Owl, and wondered how long he had to wait until Frank Miller made his comic interesting.

Based on the covers, it looks like Thor fought Mangog, Hela, Ulik the Rock Troll, the Grey Gargoyle and the Stone Men from Saturn, who are now my guess for the army builders.

In the Defenders, they were dealing with Scorpio and the Zodiac, and were helped by Moon Knight. Valkirie wore a new costume for a brief time, a one-sleeved leotard that she didn't wear for long.

And finally, the X-Men were just beginning the classic run of Chris Claremont stories, staring with the first appearance of the Phoenix, a battle with Black Tom Cassidy and the Juggernaut, Magneto, Firelord, and the Shiar Imperial Guard.

sounds like a typical night out in plymouth to me :lol:

Those are all things dealing with costume variations, first appearances, or related to things that have already been mentioned. Looks like '77 wasn't that void of choices after all.

Shut up, MoC. X-23 is cool!

Forgot about Captain America! It was being written / drawn by Jack Kirby at the time, and had Cap fighting Arnim Zola, Red Skull and Nazi X in South America while the Falcon and Agent 13 Sharon Carter rushed to help him. It was also the first appearance of Doughboy, the shape-shifting blob creation of Zola.

Characters who appeared in a 2008 movie:

Iron Man

Iron Monger

Tony Stark

Jim Rhodes

Pepper Pots

Obediah Stane

Mandarin (I think the bald leader of the ten rings group from the movie is Mandarin)

Nick Fury

Hulk

Betsy Ross

Bruce Banner

General Ross

Abomination

Leader

Punisher

Jigsaw

And this movie:

Next_Avengers_-_Heroes_of_Tomorrow_Cover