UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Daredevil Reboot

I'd hope that if Affleck was given a massive project like Justice League he'd stay behind the camera so he could focus on directing the thing. I really can't picture him running around in a Batman suit while there's all the big effects shots, huge crew and an ensemble cast to keep track of. Gone Baby Gone was a really great movie, I wish he'd stick to writing and directing full-time.

I think I mentioned it in this thread, but the problem with Daredevil actually was not the acting. It was the soundtrack. If they'd gone with a Hans Zimmer/Batman type theme, the movie would have been twice as good.

You always for get to put "IN MY OPINION". In my opinion, no soundtrack could have made the film more likeable.

A good Frank Miller style DD could be better than a Nolan Batman, IMO.

I think I mentioned it in this thread, but the problem with Daredevil actually was not the acting. It was the soundtrack. If they'd gone with a Hans Zimmer/Batman type theme, the movie would have been twice as good.

You always for get to put "IN MY OPINION". In my opinion, no soundtrack could have made the film more likeable.

A good Frank Miller style DD could be better than a Nolan Batman, IMO.

You're right, and I agree. I just think that people give too much credit to Affleck for ruining the film. I mean, here. This just sounds like a Saturday afternoon movie. Would a new soundtrack fix it? Heavens no. But it would go a long ways to helping.

I recently went back and rewatched DD. It. Wasn't. Bad. The film itself is okay. The acting doesn't even suck as much as people say it does. Here's the problem is the <i>soundtrack</i>. When you get a kids movie about a crime fighter that's almost exclusively rap, hip hop and pop music in theme, you've got issues. The entire thing needed a better score. Musical. Batman-esk. That's just my take on it. I liked DD. I liked the first Hulk movie better than the second. And while we're at it, can I point out how much I HATE cinematic reboots? they don't work. The general audience doesn't understand them. The Hulk turned out well, because they treated it as "Okay, the first movie happened, but we're ignoring it for the most part". If you're going to do a DD reboot, treat it like that.

(Elektra had a lot more problems, but I love Jen garner, so there. Hah!)

I think i must disagree about the soundtrack being the issue. I seem to recall that soundtrack having several rock and hard rock bands on it. Including Rob Zombie's man without fear. I remember thinking the soundtrack for daredevil and punisher being quite good..great even.

...I loved the Daredevil soundtrack. Quite frankly, Daredevil is so bad it's good for me; i usually always watch it if it's on tv. It's not spectacular but it's still a pretty nice comic movie. Don't have many problems with Affleck as Daredevil either. Obviously i'm a minority in this but still.

(Did i really start this thread years ago? Huh. Creepy.)

the problem with Daredevil actually was not the acting. It was the soundtrack. If they'd gone with a Hans Zimmer/Batman type theme, the movie would have been twice as good.

I agree wholeheartedly. I wasn't a fan of their choice in music, a classical score would have made the film feel more epic- and wouldn't have made it age poorly like the soundtrack does, haha. I also would prefer the omission of the playground fight scene. Then this movie'd be perfect(ish).

The playground scene was the best part of the film. The only thing missing from it was animated birds and squirrels. That would have made the movie a lot more kid-friendly and brought in bigger box office.

It wouldn't have killed them to add a musical number either, a nice break from all the drama and violence. Kids eat that shit up. Just look at how popular Disney movies have been.

And Daredevil sorely needed a them song that audiences could have been humming all the way to Christmas. "DaaareDEVillll! The man without fear! He doesn't need his eyes 'cause he's got a great ear!" Something like that. I'm sure Elton John could do better.

The playground scene was the best part of the film. The only thing missing from it was animated birds and squirrels. That would have made the movie a lot more kid-friendly and brought in bigger box office.

It wouldn't have killed them to add a musical number either, a nice break from all the drama and violence. Kids eat that shit up. Just look at how popular Disney movies have been.

And Daredevil sorely needed a them song that audiences could have been humming all the way to Christmas. "DaaareDEVillll! The man without fear! He doesn't need his eyes 'cause he's got a great ear!" Something like that. I'm sure Elton John could do better.

If Elton John was involved, he'd get another Grammy... and the film would have at least one award under its' belt. Aside from comic fans (and even then, it's still divided), I have not met one person on Earth who has seen Daredevil and not hated it.

I thought the Director's Cut was pretty darned sweet, with Coolio haha.

• 1 month later...

Looks like the rights have reverted to Marvel/Disney as Fox didn't meet the deadline to start production!!! :highfive2:

I would love to see an AMC or HBO weekly Daredevil series, that would be the best potential for his types of stories.

So Blade, Punisher, and Daredevil have all returned home, Fox really needs to let Fantastic Four lapse too, but that deadline isn't until 2014.

Edited by youbastards

I saw the Carnahan "trailer" for his proposed Daredevil and it wasn't bad but I don't want 70's Daredevil I want Daredevil woven into the Cinematic Marvel Universe so this bodes very well. It will be interesting how they handle him due to the fact that he's not an Avenger. I could see a Civil War type story using Daredevil as one of the heads of the anti-registration movement.

Looks like the rights have reverted to Marvel/Disney as Fox didn't meet the deadline to start production!!! :highfive2:

I would love to see an AMC or HBO weekly Daredevil series, that would be the best potential for his types of stories.

So Blade, Punisher, and Daredevil have all returned home, Fox really needs to let Fantastic Four lapse too, but that deadline isn't until 2014.

Yeah there's no way they're gonna let Fantastic Four go back... But considering they're getting the director of Chronicle to do it, I'm kinda stoked. Because I f**king loved Chronicle.