UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Announcing DCD Blammoids

boyd

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess this is DCs answer to Mighty Muggs? Except these look awful.

You realize that and entire room full of people had to sit around a table, look at this, and decide it was a good idea. :ermm:

That must be some good Kool Aid George is serving.

My wife can't stop laughing at these.

I've spent some more time looking at them, and I still hate them. While I don't care much for the heads, I can live with them. It's the bodies that really just suck the whole place up.

Awful. Just plain awful. And $20 apiece, no less. At $5, I maybe could be tempted into buying Batman and Joker just for fun, but $20? Forget about it.

Shockinis are better than this crap.

Artistically speaking, these do look interesting and are certainly a viable attempt at the vinyl designer-toy market, but seeing how I personally have no interest in such collectibles...pass. Sadly, I do think that they have a market for these even at $20 a pop, though the high-price is usually due to extremely limited releases as well as variants with popular pop-artist's names attached. I'm not sure if DCD understands this phenomenon well enough if they are intending to mass produce these things. If these are truly intended as replacements for Minimates, then I'd say it warrants being pissy. The majority may pick a few favorites, but I can't honestly see them successfully pushing an extensive line for these.

DC 'mates began having issues (obviously, or they'd still be around), but I think that it just needed re-working rather than a knee-jerk "pull-the-plug" response (George, you vision-less twat). I fail to see why these two lines couldn't co-exist appealing to two vastly different collectors. Bring back the 'mates in condensed (more easily digested i.e. purchased), theme-oriented box sets and I think that you'd see a more positive (and lucrative) reaction.

Speaking as some one who collects vinyl minis -- these won't sell. Not enough to be a successful line in the "art toy" market. For most of the same reasons we don't like them as Minimate replacements. Muggs have survived because they're in the mass market, $20 (if that is their price) is not a mass market price point.

I got the $20 a piece price from BBTS. (Ok, technically $19.10 a piece). BBTS sells all six for $115.00.

Actually, it seems that 115$ is the price for a case of 12, the breakdown as follows

3x Batman

3x Joker

2x Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

2x Sinestro

1x Aquaman

1x Firestorm

That puts these figures at about 10$ a piece.

*edit* Also, about 10$ overpriced ;)

Edited by Randymarsh

Hmmm... Good call DCD.. stop doing those silly DC Minimates and focus your brand on crap like this. Really? This is my option if I want a 2" (more or less) Sinestro Corp Version of Sinestro? Really?

Item after item after item reminds me of how sweet DCMinis were/are. I can't believe all these other experiments in DC collectibles are really making cash hand over fist for DCD. I guess there is just a part of the collection business that I will never understand.

Just my opinion,

Vox

p.s.

War of Light minis would have ruled the world.