UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Announcing DCD Blammoids

boyd

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YIKES . . . .$13 American does not translate well into Australian dollars. Even when our currencies are reasonablly close in value like now (AU$1 - about US$0.91), figures here are still more than double what they are in the States.

EG: Minimates from my LCS are priced at around $14.95 a pack, rather than the $6 - $7 they retail for in the states.

Based on that scale, Blammoids will end up being about $27 a piece. . . which is a bit rich for a 2" figure with 3 points of articulation!

I doubt i'll be paying close to $30 for these, even if the Joker DOES look kinda creepy/cool.

I'm planning to buy Batman, because I'm a Batman nut. Hey, my freaking kid is named Bruce Wayne, OK? hahaha

Anyway, depending on price and how bad they look in person, I may buy the Joker as well. Still not as bad as a Shockini. ;)

2 shocking moments here.

1. You named your son after a comic book character?

2. Shockinis are, contrary to popular belief, superior to Blammoids. ;)

I'm planning to buy Batman, my freaking kid is named Bruce Wayne, OK? hahaha

. ;)

2 shocking moments here.

so what if he named his kid after a comic book character?thats awesome besides im planning on nameing my kid ozymandias

. ;)

2 shocking moments here.

so what if he named his kid after a comic book character?thats awesome besides im planning on nameing my kid ozymandias

Not t ocontinue to derail the thread, but there is nothing wrong with it. But GOOD LUCK getting your future spouse to agreeto Ozymandias of all names, and pray she knows who the hell he is!! :blink:

Of course, i too have comic/TV character names picked out:

Virgil Orson [Last Name]

Diana Jean [Last Name]

Ivy Harleen [Last Name]

Virgil for good 'ole Static Shock, and i like old names, and Orson for my favorite Desperate Housewives male lead. :P Diana, for both Princess (i'd kill to live in England) and Wonder Woman, and Jean for both my favorite Comic Character and my Grandma. Ivy for Poison Ivy, and Harleen for Harely Quinn. :)

Anywho....no Crappoids atmy LCS, sadly. Laugh all ya want, i need me a Hal and Sinestro.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

2 shocking moments here.

Not t ocontinue to derail the thread, but there is nothing wrong with it. But GOOD LUCK getting your future spouse to agreeto Ozymandias of all names, and pray she knows who the hell he is!!

Of course, i too have comic/TV character names picked out:

Virgil Orson [Last Name]

Diana Jean [Last Name]

Ivy Harleen [Last Name]

Virgil for good 'ole Static Shock, and i like old names, and Orson for my favorite Desperate Housewives male lead. :P Diana, for both Princess (i'd kill to live in England) and Wonder Woman, and Jean for both my favorite Comic Character and my Grandma. Ivy for Poison Ivy, and Harleen for Harely Quinn. :)

If you're allowed to name your kids that, im naming my kid Von LMO. :P

First off:

- I think Kevin Smith named his daughter Harley Quinn. Which is actually pretty cool if not for the whole psychopathic-lovesick-clown association thing.

- Nicolas Cage named his son Kal-El. What. The. Heck.

Second, I just saw some Blammoids at one of the comic stores I frequented tonight. They actually looked bigger in person than I thought, which does not help their cause at all as they have now moved up on my list from "grotesque-looking super-deformed minifigs of DC characters" to "pointless-looking paperweight blobs that vaguely resemble DC characters." Incidentally the same store also just got in waves 31-32 of the Marvel 'mates, hopefully they sell first.

These have just shown up @ my LCS too. I'm stoked to see products arriving here in Australia the same time as the states get them.

It looks they are retailing for $19.95 here, so i was a little bit over in my earlier assumptions. Still . . .$20 for such a tiny block toy is still a bit rich.

So not only are they inarticulate little plastic diamond men, they are overpriced inarticulate little plastic diamond men.

Sorry, I didn't think I could get less interested in these. Apparently I was wrong.

If some of you guys want to pick these up, I won't say anything against ya, it's your dime. (might think your frellin' crazy, but won't say it ;) ) But my hard earned nickles will be going to other places.

Nope.

Sorry.

Looks like a waste of money and shelf space to me.

YMMV

miry: :lol: i hear ya, man. to each his own, my friend. :P

wow, you guys REALLY loathe these blammoids... :blink:

the price is WAY too high, i can't argue with any of ya on THAT point (thankfully, i got a bit of a deal on mine: $60 for a full set of 6). after finally seeing 'em up close today, i have to make a confession, though: i like these goofy things quite a bit more than i expected. :blush: seriously! maybe i'm sort of nutty, but firestorm, sinestro, and aquaman actually look really sharp up close... and displayed together they look better than most of the individual online pics i've seen.

Edited by velvet

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to buy the Batman and most likely the Joker, but after actually seeing them up close I changed my mind. I may end up buying the Joker eventually, as he was my favorite of all the wave 1 offerings, but whoever designed these things should be fired. Ugh.

I was so close to buy sinestro and even aquaman, they were 6.99, but than I looked at yellowjacket/kree minimate 2 pack, though I didn't want the kree soldier, I said hell yellowjacket is way worth buying than this thing. so I put them back. serious the only one that looks cool is plastic man, cause you know he can shape into any shape, so it sorta fits him.