UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU series 3 pics with Moonstone and Bullseye!

luke314pi

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

These TRU exclusives are becoming tiresome. I wonder how many non-U.S. based collectors are going to start packing in Minimates?

While I feel your pain with this one Rad I have found that these have been very handily scooped up in multiples by board members to make it as painless as possible for those of us without direct access. I just hope these good souls dont get worn out of doing this with all the TRU exclusives across the three active minimate series hitting TRU.

Jeff of the Miniacs

maybe we should set up a buddy system????

I might be down with that. My TRU has just started stocking Minimates, and I don't want them to die on the pegs, so I've been compelled to pick up extra stock whenever I'm in the store.

At the moment, I can only "guarantee" Marvel 'mates, but when Ghostbusters and Terminator 2 are officially released, who knows what I'll have access to.

The only bump in this road I can see is that people might demand the exclusives without helping move the filler packs. I doubt TRU will restock if they're only selling 1-2 sets out of 12.

We were actually toying with the idea of doing something like this over at MMHQ. Basically, non-US collectors (or those unfortunate enough to live far away from a participating TRU location) could place orders and get the sets at cost. The need for some sort of sponsorship to cover shipping costs, plus the fact that I cannot singlehandedly cover the entire globe with the stock of my local TRU has hampered the idea, but if a larger group were playing along, it might offset some of the demands. Doesn't change the shipping costs, but its a step in the right direction.

If you look at the angled photo of the bullseye set you can see the side of the card with his full costume on. Nice.

I was unemployed once wheen there was a bunch of mates coming out, and boy did that suck. I did a good job of playing catch up though.

maybe we should set up a buddy system????

I might be down with that. My TRU has just started stocking Minimates, and I don't want them to die on the pegs, so I've been compelled to pick up extra stock whenever I'm in the store.

At the moment, I can only "guarantee" Marvel 'mates, but when Ghostbusters and Terminator 2 are officially released, who knows what I'll have access to.

The only bump in this road I can see is that people might demand the exclusives without helping move the filler packs. I doubt TRU will restock if they're only selling 1-2 sets out of 12.

We were actually toying with the idea of doing something like this over at MMHQ. Basically, non-US collectors (or those unfortunate enough to live far away from a participating TRU location) could place orders and get the sets at cost. The need for some sort of sponsorship to cover shipping costs, plus the fact that I cannot singlehandedly cover the entire globe with the stock of my local TRU has hampered the idea, but if a larger group were playing along, it might offset some of the demands. Doesn't change the shipping costs, but its a step in the right direction.

That doesn't sound like a horrible idea. As long as my costs are mostly being covered, count me in.

Regarding helping out non-U.S. members, I attempted this with "wave 2," and started up a thread about it, with the hope of ordering from TRU.com and sending these out for cost.

However, these never appeared online, and I never saw them in the store, so I actually had to get help from another member for my own set, without being able to help with those specific Minimates.

I think it would be nice if there were an easier system for obtaining these exclusives online, so that those of us who live outside of the U.S., or who aren't able to get these at their local TRUs, could get ahold of them without resorting to the EBay markups. TRU.com is not only undesirable in that they don't list everything (wave 2 never appeared), but they SUCK at shipping. They either throw them all in a box with no protection, or ship them in a padded envelope.

DST people, if you are reading, we love these Minimate exclusives and everything, but the system as it exists, while making it easy for the casual shopper to pick these up, makes things difficult for the hardcore fans to get what they want. I figure boardies here will always help each other in this regard, but this can only go so far.

Beyond that, if you U.S.-based folk at the HQ or elsewhere figure out a system for collective "acquisition and re-distribution" of Minimates to our international brothers somehow, I hope to be able to contribute, of course, but following Rad's point, I think it is pretty dumb that we have to do this at all. You ask me, it's just good business to make this product easily available to those who are begging to pay for it.

Edited by karamazov80

An International Priority Mail flat rate box goes for between USD10 and 15 depending on where it's going, and you can fit probably four or five packs in there. If people don't mind waiting a bit between releases, I'm willing to do a Big Bad Toy Store-style "pile of loot" for a buddy or two.

These look so great that I want to cry that I won't be able to get them...

Maybe I'll see if Limited Edition will be able to get these...

So are TRU getting one new wave a month now? It seems that's the schedule.

It's good news in that I suspect that the volume being sold to TRU is probably driving production of the speciality store waves. IF you are making a lot of mates for TRU why not stack a specialty wave on the end of production at the factory.

Nice sets but the web armor/venom pack is going to be a peg warmer IMO.

T.

I don't know if you'd need sponsorship, I think many of us non-US members would be happy for the opportunity to just pay cost + shipping, instead of cost + shipping + crazy eBay markup...

Paying double for the occasional Marvel pack is one thing, but the total cost to get all of those Ghostbusters exclusives off eBay would be murder...

lol I'll get the Web Armor/Venom pack since I don't have that Spidey yet and I don't want to get the Thunderbolts set. Also, WTF why aren't they giving us Rhodes?

Same reason it's always been, DST will not directly rerelease a variant in another package/wave. It's always been that way.

I know they sidestep it with things like the the back in blakc spidey having a new head and torso detail but these are (with the exception of the TRU exclusives) just repacks of existing figures.

T.

Holy Poop! That sure is a nice surprise. More TRU exclusives. Can anybody confirm that the Gargan Venom is the same one that will be packed with the T-Bolts from the SDCC 09 exclusive pack?

I hope these TRU waves don't delay minimate releases at comic book shops. The Wolverine wave has been out at TRU for a few weeks now and still nada at CBS. No waves 25 or 26 shipping for May 13, 2009. They are both past due according to AA shipping schedule. I'm hoping DST isn't trying to get as much money as they can from TRU, then letting CBSs have their go with them. Minimate waves should be released at CBSs and TRUs at the same time. Make it abn even playing field.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

This is technically wave 3 and the movie wave is a separate thing. Looking at the item codes, the regular waves seem to be 113214 and the Wolverine movie wave is 293108. The 113214 has been used in the past and I believe there was a post somewhere in the past saying that it’ll be used as a rolling item code for new waves or something like that.

This is my speculation, but because of that, that is why wave 2 (Heroes/Villains) did not appear at the online store. The website’s computer still probably has lots of stock of wave 1 that is unsold but it only recognizes the item number. If that goes down, it’ll probably reorder and then you’ll get a new wave.

Again, this is all purely my thinking on the TRU workings.

Now regarding the Spidey. I’m happy to have more Web Spideys. Really. I mean, I think I have enough single baggie ones, but I could use more. I’m just unhappy that they didn’t choose to pack in Torment Spidey. I have been waiting soooo looong for that one to be reissued. I only have one of that Spider-Man!!! If I knew that past Target wave was going to be cancelled, I would have stocked up on the Classic Spidey Box Set. Please help me Chuck! :(

An International Priority Mail flat rate box goes for between USD10 and 15 depending on where it's going, and you can fit probably four or five packs in there. If people don't mind waiting a bit between releases, I'm willing to do a Big Bad Toy Store-style "pile of loot" for a buddy or two.

Precisely. As long as I trust the person and they're a reputable member (as 99.8% of us on here are) I would not mind paying up front and then waiting 2 months to get essentially a case of minimates in the mail. Some people may not like that, but it's an idea.

hoping DST isn't trying to get as much money as they can from TRU, then letting CBSs have their go with them. Minimate waves should be released at CBSs and TRUs at the same time. Make it abn even playing field.

It's probably that TRU's deal allows them a month or so to sell the sets without competition from comic book shops... sales are sales for DST, so I can't see why they'd care which venue the money came from.

moonstone *ack* bullseye i seriously cant not believe it, when do these hit stores, I need to stalk my local TRU!!

Edited by SErge

hoping DST isn't trying to get as much money as they can from TRU, then letting CBSs have their go with them. Minimate waves should be released at CBSs and TRUs at the same time. Make it abn even playing field.

It's probably that TRU's deal allows them a month or so to sell the sets without competition from comic book shops... sales are sales for DST, so I can't see why they'd care which venue the money came from.

That'd be great ideally, but it won't happen. TRU's distribution is their own thing. DST usually doesn't know when they hit stores and members here most likely know it before them. Plus not all TRU stores get them at the same time. I usually have to wait a week or so after the first initial report before my local TRUs get them. DST can probably "control" when the CBSs get them, I think... But then again, their shipping schedule is sometimes more like a guide and not always exact.

I've just had a wicked thought. All that gnashing of teeth an moaning about who should be In the Thunderbolts Boxset and the Dark Avengers Boxset, AA/DST work so many waves in advance they must have been laughing their little cotton socks off around the offices knowing full well that they where going to release a Moonstone and a Darker Bullseye all along and we are wailing they have no idea what the fans want.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mirymate, one nice thing about this forum is that we will help each other out if possible. When members run across extras, they will often offer them up for cost here, so if you keep an eye out, you might not need to find them at your local TRU.

That is so right and I'm very glad that some of the fellow 'versers are just as helpful as they are. Especially we non-US boardies do appreciate that kind offer. And reading an idea like drgnrbrn's makes me pretty grateful to be part of the Multiverse (although I'm not a completist, but a semi-pro-addict...). So if you US folks need something from overseas, maybe we can help you out the same way. In some way. (Maybe there'll be some non-US exclusives one day...?!?)

That'd be great ideally, but it won't happen. TRU's distribution is their own thing. DST usually doesn't know when they hit stores and members here most likely know it before them. Plus not all TRU stores get them at the same time. I usually have to wait a week or so after the first initial report before my local TRUs get them. DST can probably "control" when the CBSs get them, I think... But then again, their shipping schedule is sometimes more like a guide and not always exact.

I know DST haven't *announced* specific release dates for the Marvel waves so far (and as you say, they come out in different stores over a span of weeks from what we've seen) but that doesn't mean they don't know/plan the general timeframe. In the Ghostbusters press release on the DST site they say the TRU sets are due out in June, and the LCS sets in July. Also, the waves so far have come out about a month ahead of the LCS equivalents. So yes I'm only guessing that it's in their TRU contract, but the release schedules so far fit that model...

those are some nice sets. Only Wolverine/Sabretooth and Bullseye/Moonstone interest me though.

... now if only wave 4 would have a Thunderbolts Norman Osborne/Iron Patriot 2-pack similar to the Iron man one in wave 3 then I can join all those people saying "now I don't need the Thunderbolts set"