UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU series 3 pics with Moonstone and Bullseye!

luke314pi

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And here I was waiting for another Wave 30 code.

The succession of reactions I had upon seeing the AA post:

1. Mass-market rerelease of Web Armor Spidey!

2. Mac Gargan Venom!

3. JUST Wolverine and (regular) Sabertooth from Wave 28?

4. New Bullseye!

5. They're making Moonstone a TRU exclusive?!??!!??

6. Bad (and ironic) news for the AIM army-builders: What will you do with all those spare Bucky Caps?

7. Wave 25 Classic Iron Man and Wave 23 Mark I War machine? Hmm.

Holy freakin' crap! I can't turn around this week without getting some awesome Minimate news hitting me in the face and making me call it "Daddy"!

Seriously, those look nice - really enjoying the mix-and-match from various waves in the 2-packs. Don't know if I want to pick up more Captain Americas to army-build, but at least I have the choice.

Remember when we were all freaking out over having to buy a bunch of Minimates from AFX to get a Web Armor Spider-Man? Now we're going to be complaining that he's peg-warming at TRU.

Also, isn't this technically TRU wave 4?

Wave 1: Marvel wave 24 repacks + Iron Man and Hulk movie exclusives

Wave 2: Heroes/Villains repacks + Punisher movie and Union Jack/Wonder Man exclusives

Wave 3: Marvel wave 26 (Wolverine movie) repacks + Agent Zero/Silver Fox exclusives

And here I was waiting for another Wave 30 code.

The succession of reactions I had upon seeing the AA post:

1. Mass-market rerelease of Web Armor Spidey!

2. Mac Gargan Venom!

3. JUST Wolverine and (regular) Sabertooth from Wave 28?

4. New Bullseye!

5. They're making Moonstone a TRU exclusive?!??!!??

6. Bad (and ironic) news for the AIM army-builders: What will you do with all those spare Bucky Caps?

7. Wave 25 Classic Iron Man and Wave 23 Mark I War machine? Hmm.

WHEN!?!

Talk about your good news / bad news situation...

The good news is they're making a Moonstone!! Sure, I'd rather the old crested helmet design, but it's a Moonstone none the less! And a new Bullseye.

The bad news? I have zero chance of getting these retail. Both local TRU's are very well scalped. The one in Cary, the employees even joke about it. I'm still trying to decide if I want to pay scalping prices for Wonder Man / Union Jack. Missed them by minutes, minutes!! My house is about 30 mins acroos town from the closest TRU, and obviously with two kids in school / preschool I can't hit a TRU every morning. So I got the ISDN number for the Wonderman 2 pack, and was calling every morning at 9 to see if they had arrived. So one Saturday I called and much to my delight, they had arrived on the truck that Friday afternoon and were set out that morning. Heart racing, I asked the employee to hold me one until I could get there. In the time it took her to walk from her CS desk to the aisle, the Scalpers cleaned them out of all the TRU exclusive packs. Tha's right, they were there and gone within ten minutes of opening. Can't compete with that.

Mirymate, one nice thing about this forum is that we will help each other out if possible. When members run across extras, they will often offer them up for cost here, so if you keep an eye out, you might not need to find them at your local TRU (this was really helpful to me, as my TRU seemed to skip "wave 2" altogether for some reason, and a kindly board member sold some to me).

Regarding this wave, how wacky and great is it to have these pairings?? Unfortunately, DST will be moving even fewer Thunderbolts sets now, but I ain't complaining. Nice to see AIM soldier at retail, as well. Perhaps we will see future army builders appear similarly.

Those are pretty cool pairings, but the 2 exclusives are friggin awesome!! I'm going to have so many Buckys (luck willing) it will be sickening. New Bullseye (much needed) and Moonstone are a fantastic surprise, if one or both don't end-up in Series 30 as well.

Nice to see AIM soldier at retail, as well. Perhaps we will see future army builders appear similarly.

Too true, though it would have been even sweeter if they had perhaps held this back and paired with a Hydra soldier.

Too true, though it would have been even sweeter if they had perhaps held this back and paired with a Hydra soldier.

Double army builder? Those would be awesome in theory, but I wonder how much merchandise is moved by the big name in the set and how much is moved by the army building peon?

I'm curious: why is the Bucky Cap/AIM soldier pack labeled as a TRU exclusive, but the Wolvie/Sabertooth and Iron Man/War Machine packs aren't? We're getting all of those characters in the regular waves. Obviously Bullseye and Moonstone are unique to TRU, but I'm not seeing anything different about the others.

Am I missing some new detail on this AIM soldier?

DST: "Fine, throw in a wave of nothing but exclusives. Trust us."

"Wave 2" were also all "exclusives," in that none of those 2-packs were/are available elsewhere.

I'm curious: why is the Bucky Cap/AIM soldier pack labeled as a TRU exclusive, but the Wolvie/Sabertooth and Iron Man/War Machine packs aren't?

Seems like they label 2 sets per "wave" as exclusives, and with something like this, it seems pretty arbitrary. Regarding my above post, the Punisher 2-pack is no more exclusive than Spidey/Green Goblin from wave 2, but only the former was labeled "exclusive."

Edited by karamazov80

Double army builder? Those would be awesome in theory, but I wonder how much merchandise is moved by the big name in the set and how much is moved by the army building peon?

Well raise your hand if you were planning on buying 2 more Wolverine just for the Hydra guys?

Good God! I can't keep up! My head is spinning with all this minimate news :wacko: Now the hard part will be holding off on picking these up when I see them, considering I have waves 25 and 28 preordered. I will be getting the new Bullseye / Moonstone pack though. Man do I need a job.

BS

Holy crap in a hat!! that bullseye/moonstone set is ssssssweet! with all these TRU sets rolling around(marvel t2 and ghostbusters) I either gotta get closer to the border or start letter bombing the Canadian TRU's to start carrying these so I can pick them up in person. Thank god for all my great friends on here!

Now I wonder if that Bullseye face will work under Hawkeyes mask?

Jeff of the Miniacs

These TRU exclusives are becoming tiresome. I wonder how many non-U.S. based collectors are going to start packing in Minimates?

I hear you, trading the odd 1 and 2 on here's been fine but with 1 box set due and 10 or more 2-pack's........

it's not so much the marvel (with the exception of 1 or 2 2-packs) its the damn ghost busters

maybe we should set up a buddy system????