UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Codes are cracked, as a prize we got concept art !

TBT!

Well yep for being good little code crackers DST gave us a further peek at Wave 29!

post-7-1241625123_thumb.jpgpost-7-1241625231_thumb.jpg

Black Panther & Jim Lee Storm

post-7-1241625319_thumb.jpgpost-7-1241625281_thumb.jpg

Armored Daredevil & Moon Knight

post-7-1241625367_thumb.jpgpost-7-1241625400_thumb.jpg

Hydra Agent & X-Force Wolverine

post-7-1241625460_thumb.jpg

WW2 Wolverine (variant)

Enjoy!!

Edited by TBT!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG! Is it me or are these the most detailed looking minimates tampo-wise? I love the fact that you can swap between classic BP and his modern look. Same regards to the Hydra Agent. BTW, what comic does the beefier, more detailed version HA come from?

Good to see you TBT. You've been missed. Thanks for getting us the sweet looking controll art.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

OMG! Is it me or are these the most detailed looking minimates tampo-wise? I love the fact that you can swap between classic BP and his modern look. Same regards to the Hydra Agent.

Agreed. They really are spoiling us rotten with these kinds of things.

A few observations:

• Storm comes with new arms and a lightning bolt
  • Black Panther looks to be capable of being broken down into a second version
  • Same for the Hydra agent
  • Moon Knight has brass knuckles
  • Wolverine has new claws (again)
  • WWII Wolverine has won over more people by appearance than by name alone

[*]WWII Wolverine has won over more people by appearance than by name alone

In about 90% of cases, the execution of a Minimate will often overcome what seems, at first notice, to be a bad or boring idea. Minimates have amazing powers such as these. Still would have preferred a more interesting variant, but when the set is essentially giving us two "2-in-1" variants anyway, it's hard to complain too much. Really, really loving AA giving us the option with those figures.

Wow... DST have really outdone themselves on this wave. I daresay it's starting to trump even Wave 28 in overall awesomeness. (Although how faithful the final product will be to the concept art is the next question to worry about...)

I wonder what the wave breakdown will be? I'm guessing:

Storm/Black Panther

Armored Daredevil/Moon Knight

X-Force Wolverine/HYDRA Agent

variant: WW2 Wolverine

... although I do second Luke in having X-Force Wolvie be the variant, thus effectively giving the regular wave its own de facto army-builder two-pack.

PS: Does that mean we'll have to wait 'til SDCC to see Wave 30?

Edited by NorthRaider

... although I do second Luke in having X-Force Wolvie be the variant, thus effectively giving the regular wave its own de facto army-builder two-pack.

You gotta figure X-Force outfit would be a bigger seller, though. They are tempering the needs of the hardcore fans with the whims of the casual ones.

I'm mostly excited for that X-Force Wolverine. I love that design!

Storm looks absolutely amazing, too. It's about time!

[insert sound of excitement]

Oh man, I'm going to have to pick up yet another full wave. I wouldn't complain about the Wolvie either since it's his newest costume. I'm at a loss for words.

Great concept art. Loving the way that figures can be used to get 2 different looks. WW2 Wolvie to me is still the weakest one of the wave for me but the rest are excellent. All these new parts on figures but no mentions that Storm has the biggest rack this side of a Hooters Bar.

Hotness.

I love Storm's lightning crackle, and Moon Knight's cape looks sweet! For those following the comic, this is his modern incarnation, right?

Oh, and Matt, more code-cracking tomorrow? :)

That's his current costume. I'm really impressed with the cape and brass knuckles. If it ends up looking as good as the picture it's easily going to be one of my top 5 favorite 'mates.

Now if only we could get Jim Lee Jean Grey and Cyclops.

With Gambit, Psylocke, and now Storm coming out those 2 are the last major core characters we need from the early 90s.

Jubilee? Rogue with jacket? Professor X in wacky, "futuristic" hover-chair?