UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Secret Wars Box Set

drgnrbrn316

Voting for the Secret Wars Minimates is now closed. We’ll be busy tallying the results and combining your votes with those cast on ToysRUs.com, so check back later this week for more Secret Wars news!

:blink:

Awesome! Combined with the votes from TRU.com, we're getting the first-ever four-pack of... Secret Wars Spidey! Recreate the exciting and historic sequence of Spidey getting his costume shredded, Spidey dipping his finger in the black goo, Spidey getting partially covered in the black goo, and Spidey almost entirely covered in the black goo, but not quite enough to count as a re-release of the series two variant black costume Spidey!

:P

And for their next box set (Secret Wars 2), they can come Out with mirror images of the costume coming off of him on the other side...The black goo can come off of his other hand, or maybe one showing just an ear, or a Spidey with the black costume not covering his arms and legs, such as he exhibited in Secret Wars # 12... Or maybe a Spidey wearing the Beyonder's uniform! <_< ..... :lol:

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And for their next box set (Secret Wars 2), they can come Out with mirror images of the costume coming off of him on the other side...The black goo can come off of his other hand, or maybe one showing just an ear, or a Spidey with the black costume not covering his arms and legs, such as he exhibited in Secret Wars # 12... Or maybe a Spidey wearing the Beyonder's uniform! <_< ..... :lol:

Energy Form Spidey!

GAHH! Bring back Cap and let Spidey die for a while. Of course, we'd probably just get a special box set for that event too! :tongue: More and more it seems to be leaning towards a set that I can pass on.

Shoot, more than a box set, a major Spidey event like that would probably warrant 2 consecutive series of 2-packs.

Death of Spiderman would be amazingly stupid. . .I will be very surprised if it doesn't happen in the next year or so.

Forgive me in advance for my distrusting nature, but were the results from the Toys R Us poll shown anywhere during the voting period the way the results for the ArtAsylum poll were?

I ask because i don't remember seeing them, and am wondering if they were deliberately not shown so that when the final tally comes through - AA/DST/TRU can make up any figures they like to release whichever characters they think will be more profitable.

I realise that having the poll will help them figure out what the Collectors want, but if I were making a Secret Wars Box-Set based just on what i *thought* would sell, the set would probably have come out something like: SpiderMan, Dr Doom, Storm & Ben Grim. I don't know that i'd consider Captain Marvel or the Molecule Man based purely on mass market awareness (this is, after all, a TRU set).

So - while the AA/DST poll reflect the tastes of those keen enough to vote (and vote, and vote, and vote in some cases. TM2 - i'm looking in your direction!), is it really going to reflect what the most 'sellable' box set would be from TRU's perspective? And with that in mind - would they fudge the results to see someone less recognisable (like Molecule Man) replaced with s bigger name (Like Doom)?

I'm probably being paranoid - but does anyone else worry that we might lose Molecule Man?

Death of Spiderman would be amazingly stupid. . .I will be very surprised if it doesn't happen in the next year or so.

Sure... everybody's doing it. All the cool kids have been dead a while: Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Hawkeye, most of the X-Men. Norman, Otto, Adrian, Eddie... all been dead, if only ever so briefly. Why should Spidey be left out? Heck, Aunt May was dead for a while. Poor Pete.

I mean, Has Spidey been confirmed dead since Secret Wars, where Doom killed everybody there for a couple of hours? Alernate realities notwithstanding that is.

(whew, managed to swerve that back on topic :whistling: )

You know what's better than Secret Wars? Crisis on Infinite Earths. Better written, and though I love me some Mike Zeck, he is no George Perez.

Too bad about old Flash, though. Has Barry actually been brought back to life yet?

Edited by karamazov80

In all honestly and truthfulness guys, I only voted twice. Once for Spidey in the DST poll, and once for Spidey in the TRU poll. It was mighty tempting just to keep voting for Spidey over and over, but where would the fun in that be? it's much better to humiliate my enemies who voted for Beyonder 2 million times and STILL have Spidey win, with no extra help. MWAHAHAHAHA

;)

Too bad about old Flash, though. Has Barry actually been brought back to life yet?

Yes, actually.

His return to regular comics occurred in 2008 within the pages of Grant Morrison's Final Crisis limited series.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_(Barry_Allen)

Edited by NorthRaider

You know what's better than Secret Wars? Crisis on Infinite Earths. Better written, and though I love me some Mike Zeck, he is no George Perez.

(sorry Miry :) )

Never need to appologize for for mentioning Perez. Favorite artist ever. And Crisis had the benefit of not being written by Jim "my best writing happened before puberty, been coasting since" Shooter.

And yes, I believe Barry is no longer Dead. So for those of you keeping score at home, here's the classic JLA death count: Barry, Hal, and Ollie no longer dead. J'onn, Arthur, Bruce, Ralph, and Ronnie currently not alive.

Crap... need to get this back on topic... think man, think... um... okaaaaay... You know classically speaking, if there's a secnd secret wars boxed set then only one of the characters included should have actually apeared in the series. This would be in keeping with the fine Mattle tradition or filling your second wave with completely random... oh I give up, I got nothing. :confused:

So - while the AA/DST poll reflect the tastes of those keen enough to vote (and vote, and vote, and vote in some cases. TM2 - i'm looking in your direction!), is it really going to reflect what the most 'sellable' box set would be from TRU's perspective?

So far, TRU has been pretty good about releasing lesser-known characters as well as sure bets. Otherwise, we would have probably never gotten Union Jack/Wonderman or Bullseye/Moonstone. So I wouldn't count out oddballs like 80's Captain Marvel and Molecule Man.

It'd be sweet if:

Along with the 4-pack (Storm, Molecule Man, Captain Marvel and Spidey), we also got:

- TRU Doom and Beyonder 2-pack

-TRU Wrecking Crew set

-TRU Klaw and Lizard set

:D

What? No Kang? From YOU?! Stop the presses ladies and gents.

It'd be sweet if:

Along with the 4-pack (Storm, Molecule Man, Captain Marvel and Spidey), we also got:

-TRU Wrecking Crew set

-TRU Klaw and Lizard set

He's angeling for that "Kang through the Ages" set. (Kang, Rama Tut, Immortus, and Iron Lad) ;)

Seriously though, I would not at all mind a wave of Secret Wars inspired 2 packs.

I mean, yes there are a lot of chracters who appeared in SW that haven't been made yet, but there are a handfull of folks that could be redone as part of the line. Rhodey in the classic Iron Man armor, Wolverine Brown, Doc Ock with better tentacles, and hey GREAT excuse to reissue Nightcrawler!!

Of course the main draw back is Hasbro is also doing Secret Wars themed two packs and would likely pitch a fit, and start the whole liscencing fight over again.

It'd be sweet if:

-TRU Wrecking Crew set

-TRU Klaw and Lizard set

He's angeling for that "Kang through the Ages" set. (Kang, Rama Tut, Immortus, and Iron Lad) ;)

How'd you know!? Only I'd want the Scarlet Centurion in place of Iron Lad. Iron Lad can go in a set of Young Avengers.

I, too, could get behind multiple 2-pack or boxed sets of Secret Wars theme mates.

Lizard and Kang (two of my biggest desires) could go there, as could an Enchantress, the whole of the Wrecking Crew, Titania and even a Wasp in a different costume. A re-done Doc Ock could be put in this, as well as DST's chance to re-release a tan Wolverine in the new style (since the Dark Avengers one is Daken with a tattoo and two claws per hand).

How'd you know!? Only I'd want the Scarlet Centurion in place of Iron Lad. Iron Lad can go in a set of Young Avengers.

Ah but you see if we don't tell the retailors, they'll think it's another Iron Man variant, so they'll b more likely to go for it. It's that or just repack a Spider-Man, with an Endo-skeleton head under the mask, as Kang's robot Spider-Man. Since clearly you have to have a "name" to sell a box. <_<