UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

AFX's 4th SDCC '09 Exclusive - can you guess what it is?

Jad

if the only difference is the face under his mask, this is a figure we REALLY didn't need...

Is it possible their won't be a face under his mask?.... or rather their won't be a 'mask'

The Thunderbolts Venom looks to not be wearing a mask, the Venom face is printed on his head-block.

Maybe Spider-man will be the same and this will be a 'loophole' figure to get a Black Costume Spider-man rerelease without a slide-on mask/battle damage/etc looking as close to a wave 2 variant update as possible without breaking the "no variant rerelease" rule since they can say "this isn't a rerelease. this is Mac Gargan Spider-man, not Peter Parker Spider-man..."

You want a wave 2 Spidey? I'll sell you a MOSC one for $90. If not, don't spoil it for the rest of us. :P

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

those are great cant wait for mine to arrive that norman looks great with all those extra weapons

radioactive man looks amazing now all we need are his legs wich we probably will never get

penance looks good to bad he dosent come with an energy piece well i guess i could use hydroman and icemans stuff

the whole set looks great thanks for the pics

Damn - these look a lot better than i expected. I'm thinking i should have ordered me a set. Might have to hit eBay and see about getting myself a pack.

Thanx for the pics :)

post-1075-1248760433_thumb.jpg

A Bullseye and Moonstone! GET HIM!!! :P

Thanks again for the pics Matt :) Once again DST has taken a much-overlooked set and turned it into a surprise hit. Osborn and Radioactive Man look especially spectacular. This is also a lovely way to fill up the Minimate villains roster (wait... is Penance still a "villain"?), hope they keep this up.

I wasn't really interested in this set, but I may grab one for that Norman (head and suit for classic GG, the body for a custom Baron Von Strucker) and Radioactive Man (+ Gamma Hulk legs).

I wasn't really interested in this set, but I may grab one for that Norman (head and suit for classic GG, the body for a custom Baron Von Strucker) and Radioactive Man (+ Gamma Hulk legs).

Gamma Hulk... That's what I was thinking. It fits perfectly even though he does not have C3 feet...

Anyway I did a heel-face turn with this set. I now like it, but I am not too impressed with Champions. Though Dark Avengers is a train wreck overall.

Wow. Wow. WOW. I expected all the big work to go to Champions and the DA sets!! This is INCREDIBLE!!

Norm: I love that military outfit; it makes me want to buy a few more for that alone. And i'll admit i knew about the green suit. It is DEFINITELY a great Norman Osborn just for that. That arsenal is the other; SDCC Punisher is rolling in his grave. ;) And he comes with a Pumpkin Bomb?! No way!! That's so great!! Grade: A+ (THE Norman Osborn)

Radioactive Man: Well that's a surprise!! We were all worried about that being a blank head, when it was really just not able to shine!! He looks so great translucent; why didn't we think of that?! The suit is also incredible. Those are some nice pieces; i can't believe the neck is seperate!! Doom wants to kill him too now. :lol: Shame about no extra legs though. That'd have made this the best of the entire set. And now i need two for a giant AIM Agent. :lol: Grade: A+

Penance: Okay...DST, let's NOT make a whiney emo again, shall we?? Or at least cut back on detail...this is a little...ew. That in mind, the armor is great; i can't see the pieces used ever agin, but it definitely works and keeps the minimate look. Underneath i'm not even going to bother; it's disgusting but sadly looks nice. Points off for no arm scars, though. And then we get to the legs; oh boy, the legs. What happened to the top?! I get it, cost-saver; we've seen it before, but not this bad on a character that needs to look okay unarmored. The red is way to distracting, and detail needed to be here. Grade: B

Venom: Hey, every set has a "do we really need this," am i right?? Personally, i'd have rather gotten Songbird and kept this guy to TRU. It just looks wrong, which is a shame since i love this design. I don't know; maybe it's the hands. Something is just off about him. It's still a great minimate, just feels...wrong...Grade: B-

Which reminds me... how does Penance see out of that helmet?! Or does he have extrasensory superpowers or something?

And look at Norman's boot-top pieces; looks like they're the same sculpt as the ones used on Wave 28 Gambit. Cool!

Which reminds me... how does Penance see out of that helmet?!

He doesn't. Since his powers are based on experiencing pain, every toe stubbing and head banging into a door frame fuel his inner rage. He gets really powered up whenever he comes to a flight of stairs.

DST, let's NOT make a whiney emo again, shall we??

I believe this is at least DST's 4th time making a character that falls under that category. Sentry, the most whiney and emo of them all has three minimates! ;)

Edited by the punisher=D

DST, let's NOT make a whiney emo again, shall we??

I believe this is at least DST's 4th time making a character that falls under that category. Sentry, the most whiney and emo of them all has three minimates! ;)

5th. Wave 17 Emo Peter Parker.

Actually, from what I hear the Summers brothers (Havok and the dozen Cyclops we'll be having) can be pretty emo themselves... and let's not forget Mirymate's "Clint Barton should be kicking Bullseye's ass instead of being all whiny about how he used to be Hawkeye" argument...

Emo Minimates. Man, we could be here all day.

I just ordered this set, and I can't wait! My only gripes after seeing the pics in this thread are the lack of alternate legs for Radioactive Man to complete his classic look, and that Penance seems too bulky. Osborn looks perfect, and Chen Lu ain't too far behind him. I'm looking forward to placing these 4 nex to Moonstone and Bullseye on my shelf.

Now about Songbird and Swordsman...

man o man thanks for the pics!, This for me is the one set I wanted more than everything at SDCC,

radioactive man looks amazing

venom is ...venom yeah

osborn... I love that he comes with his suit, as for his battle suit I never cared about the secret invasion arc, also cant wait to head swap him on green goblin

penance... whoa the suit is great, but his chest... am I missing something here? since when did he had his nipples pierced...??(somewhere squirrel girl cries)

anyway combine this bullseye and moonstone and those other "two guys I'm customizing". I might have myself a full thunderbolts team!

Edited by SErge