UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

2009 SDCC Exclusives Discussion

karamazov80

Figured we could use a thread to discuss SDCC exclusives--what has been announced, what might be announced, what we think about it, etc.

Well, we already know about the Dark Avengers Minimates. And Mattel announced their list today:

http://figures.insidepulse.com/2009/04/01/...n-ghostbusters/

JLU Hal Jordan "origins" 3 pack, Egon w/Slimer, a Joe-scale Buzz Lightyear, some weird He-Man guy, and the news I'm most excited about--DCUC Wonder Twins! Sucks that the "Mattycollecter" release won't have Gleek, though :(

post-1827-1238611727_thumb.jpg

Don't forget DST's "Angry Stay-Puft 8" Bank". I can't remember a year that has had so many exclusives that I was interested in. Hopefully most of these will be available through other sites (besides ebay :down: ), as I'm not sure I'll be able to attend. A few others that I'd like to get (not 'mate related) are:

Hasbro's MU Invaders box set and single-carded B/W Capt. America.

Character Options Doctor Who exclusives

and many more that I can't recall (or haven't been announced yet).

DST has announced the Dark Avengers Minimates Set, Dawn Red Skirt PVC, Ghostbusters Mates, Ghostbusters Bank, Star Wars Bank, Transformers bust. Strange how there are not any BSG or Trek stuff yet.

AFX is going to have a jetfire bust, there own mate set....

Gentle giant: McQuarrie fett bust, Halo Master Chief Classic Bust, Harry Potter Professor Dumbledore (Richard Harris) Mini Bust, Star Wars Blackhole Stormtrooper Statue, Star Wars Darth Vader Breast Cancer Helmet,

Edited by pickle

• 4 weeks later...

The ones I like best are

Thunderbolts, and buzz lightyear action figure, man that brings back memories, also wouldn't mind getting that NECA april o neil!

really wish they release dark avengers photos already!

I should know this but... How many different stores are having minimate exclusives?

Do you mean selling them? If so, BBTS will probably offer them, AFX will offer their exclusives, at least. Then, they will probably be distributed through Previews, from which places like Scifigenre and Cosmic Clutter could and might pick them up. As for your specific question, that is a really tough one to answer. I'll guess. . .18.

If you meant, "sponsoring" them, then I would guess 1--AFX. The others should just be regular old DST-produced exclusives.

If you are actually going, I would guess 1--the DST line. But, I've never been to SDCC, so I don't know for sure.

I'd if you are looking at minimates probably 2 DST and AFX. In my experience ( a 5 yr streak at SDCC) neither of these two stores gets huge lines for the exclusives HOWEVER minimate giveaways always have huge lines and chaos if they hold to the usual timing of having them at noon.

Sadly I'm not going to be able to go to SDCC this year :( as I moved out of town so will be in the odd position that I will have to badger others for freebies and exclusives from the show... The good news is I know a lot of people in San Diego!

T.

I'm train/busing but 12 hours, spending thursday at the con then 12 more hours back up to San Jose. Missed last year, so I'm not taking any chances this time. Too early to organize a pub crawl?

lol the lines get a little frantic, but I'm resigned to a couple of hours to get my fix.

Edited by 616commando

one day I hope to go to SDCC. Living in Charlotte I get to go to Heroescon but it's more comic focused...and much smaller. It's great though for families....and I get to take my son this year!