UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Unofficial AFX Marvel Boxed Set Poll: Round one!

Bob Harris

What Marvel 4-packs do you want to see AFX pursue in the future?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your 3 most favorite suggestions now! (Please read instructions first!)

• (Women of) The 198
    • Age of Apocalypse
    • AIM
    • Alpha Flight
    • Annihilation
    • Annihilation Conquest
    • Avengers
    • Beetles
    • Brotherhood of Mutants
    • Civil War
    • Civilians
    • Cosmic Pack
    • Crusaders
    • Dark Avengers
    • Deadpool
    • Death of Captain America Box
    • Defenders
    • Eternals
    • Excalibur
    • Exiles
    • Four Horseman
    • Freedom Force
    • Gen X
    • Great Lake Avengers
    • Hand
    • Hellfire Club
    • Hellions
    • Heroes for Hire
    • Herolds of Galactus
    • House of M
    • Howard the Duck
    • Hulk Warbound
    • Hydra
    • Illuminati
    • Immortal Weapons
    • Inhumans
    • Liberty Legion
    • Marvel Monsters
    • Marvel Monsters, Classic
    • Masters of Evil
    • Maximum Carnage
    • MI 13
    • Multiple Man
    • Mutant Liberation Front
    • New Mutants
    • New Warriors
    • Nextwave / H.A.T.E.
    • Runaways
    • Punisher
    • Savage Tales
    • Secret Invasion
    • Secret Wars
    • Separation Anxiety
    • Sgt. Fury & the Howling Commandos
    • Shi'Ar
    • Sinister Six
    • Skrull
    • Squadron Supreme, First Appearance
    • Spectacular Spiderman
    • Starjammers
    • Stepford Cuckoos
    • Summers Legacy
    • Symbiotes
    • Thor
    • Thunderbolts
    • New Thunderbolts
    • Ultimate Alliance
    • Ultimates Boxset, Missing
    • Ultimatum Boxset
    • Ultra Force
    • Villains, Fantastic Four
    • Villains, Iron Man
    • Villains, Spidey
    • Villains, various
    • War of Kings
    • Werewolves of Marvel
    • Wrecking Crew
    • X-Factor
    • X-Factor 80's
    • X-Force
    • X-Force 90's
    • X-Men, 90's
    • X-Men, First Appearance
    • X-Men, Original
    • Young Avengers

Just wondering If a person can vote all 3 of their vote selections on one set? If so, should that count as much or are we looking for that kind of weighted vote?

I am just concerned that a few people might vote all 3 of their choices for one set and then that would skew our data for the most wanted character boxset. But I could be wrong.

Don't think it is possible. The poll is set up so that you can vote only one time, and during this vote, you can't choose a given set more than once.

That's right. Although you are able (but not allowed!) to vote on more than three sets, it isn't possible to cheat in that way, Ramses.

And I would also sign Karamazov's suggestion to vote for sets we won't expect to see otherwise. But that's just another suggestion...

Oh, and I really appreciate the engagement so far. There are over 50 votes right now! And outstanding 10 for the Wrecking Crew! Yay!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The chances are quite good right now for GLA, Shamrock. As far as I see it, every set with at least five votes would make it to the next round, if the poll closes now. GLA having four is in a fair position. I say they'll make it. The Wrecking Crew looks like a safe bet for this first round and so do the Avengers. But I am totally surprised that Multiple Man alreday got three votes! I mean, in case this box set would be made, we'd see four similar mates, right? What the frak? :ermm:

Oh, and we have six different character constellations for Secrat Invasion sets nominated and not a single vote on those! Come on guys, somebody has to be interested in that thing? I mean, why making all the fuss about it when nobody actually cares at all? :huh:

(We should roister and rant a little more, shouldn't we? :lol: )

Edited by Bob Harris

Well, the spread on this poll has been nuts but so far Wrecking Crew, Inhumans, Young Avengers and "just plain" Avengers (you just can't get enough! :P) look to be sure bets in the Top 15 so far. Should be interesting to see what C-list teams graduate to the second phase of the vote...

Oh, and if anybody cares I voted Inhumans, Eternals and Young Avengers.

Just curious: can someone walk me through the appeal of Wrecking Crew? I don't have anything against them, but, to be honest, I've never considered them top-shelf villians. Is this a cult thing?

I was wondering the same thing! I don't even know who they are! (though that's not surprising if Spidey never fought them)

Just curious: can someone walk me through the appeal of Wrecking Crew? I don't have anything against them, but, to be honest, I've never considered them top-shelf villians. Is this a cult thing?

Personally, their appeal is in their costumes. I simply think they would look great as Minimates--basic, colorful, and classic, recognizable designs.

That is why I think Nighthawk would be so great. I honestly don't know all that much about his character, but I think he would make one of the coolest looking Minimates around, if ever made.

Plus, we have most of the "A-list" villains, and apart from some of Spidey's foes, these are really some of the better known B-listers who haven't been released, in my opinion. They are just obscure enough that DST could never release them, and no one would be very surprised, but well known enough that Joe Schmoe in the comic shop would recognize them.

Edited by karamazov80

I was wondering the same thing! I don't even know who they are! (though that's not surprising if Spidey never fought them)

Spidey has fought the Wrecking Crew or just members of the Crew a few times with different heroes. To me the appeal of the Wreaking crew is that they have faced alot of Marvel heroes at one time or another and aren't just really stuck to one hero. So that gives us access to a group of villains that everyone can beat on.

I really like the Wrecking Crew. They are the blue-collar villains in Marvel Universe (although Thunderball has a, what? - Docotr in physics or something?) They battled nearly every hero in the whole Universe and they are pretty easy to recognize with iconic accessories like Thunderball's wrecking ball and Wrecker's crowbar. Believe me, they would be awesome as minimates!

And Mini_Myte, I love your new avatar and slogan! Were you in Obama's team as a campaign worker? Anyway, that's the spirit, man, that's the spirit!

:thumbsup:

Another member got click-happy and voted on too many sets. But he was as honest as the first one and confessed his, erm, whatever. ;)

So in the end one vote each for Brotherhood of Mutants, Eternals, Inhumans, Age of Apocalypse and X-Factor 80's is invalid and therefore does not count to the final result.

Wow, only 8 members are interested in Excalibur? I guess it is hard to tell what's really got a following around here, instead of just the perception of a lot of interest...

It got my main vote, since having AFX specifically request it is probably the only way DSTChuck will ever approve a Captain Britain mate...

Hmmm I thought I voted. Guess not. Here are my picks.

1. Defenders II

Hellcat

Nighthawk

Gargoyle

Howard the Duck

2. Wrecking Crew

3. Alpha Flight

Guardian

Puck

Sassy

Shaman

Great choices!

I wonder if we have any other members here with the level of taste and sophistication of Rheul?

Ol' BHM is a tad confused about the 90's X-Men getting all the love because surely we have ,or will have soon , most of those characters already? It's always great to have updated versions of existing Minimates but I thought that the idea was to get some new blood? Alpha Flight,Inhumans ,Excalibur or some Villains would be excellent choices but 90's X-Men ? :down: Same old faces.