UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Unofficial AFX Marvel boxed set input thread.

murderofcrows

I agree that a voting process must be devised or there will be too many random choices by individual forum members. I know that certain characters are more sought after (such as Kang for example) than others. But the other 3 choices to pack in with Kang would be varied from one end of the spectrum to the other. How do we (AS A GROUP) decide who is to be included in these 4 packs?

I'm all for "majority rules" if we can narrow down between 5 to 10 boxed sets choices. But how do we nail down the minimates included in these boxed sets? I'll gladly start a poll thread if we can come to some concensus that'll make everybody happy.

Seconded.

... anyone up for the task? I'll help out:

Angel thread

Ghost Rider thread

Black Widow thread

Hercules thread

...and this is if we're gonna keep things within the scope of the AFX reveals. If we REALLY wanna get thorough then I guess there's always this thread, not to mention this utter mess of a thread necro :lol:

... and did I forget to mention the entire thread dedicated to an Inhumans boxset alone?

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do sign those formal suggestions as well. Let's have one of those old Greek majority rulingings via a poll.

If we say we'll suggest 6 or 7 Box Sets per mail directed towards AFX, we could take the top five boxes from the boards and each individual 'verser might come up with one or two of his or her own dream sets. That's for those Squirrel Girl, Big Bertha, Maelstrom and Leather Boy as the New Horseman of Apocalypse lovers out there. :P

I'm not in for a poll. I don't like the majority rules concept. I like the randomness of all of the ideas and the idea of AFX figuring out what's best from all of the ideas. It's not that I don't think the ideas given are bad ideas, but there's some I just am not that interested in and wouldn't want our collective voice pushing it through. Maybe I'm the only one who thinks this way, but it's how I feel.

Okay, let's try and make some decisions as a group so we can send AFX our choices for an upcoming Marvel minimates 4-pack boxed set. Firstly, I want input from everybody as to personal favorites they'd love to see in minimate form. Lets say everybody gives input for a week and next Saturday, I will sift through the choices and come up with logical groupings. After the groupings are narrowed down, I'll post a poll with the top 10 groupings and after another week of voting, we'll send off the top 5 choices to AFX as input from the MMMV.

So now's the time to brainstorm. Please try to stay within the parameters given. Can each forum member please post your top 5 choices for a Marvel 4-pack boxed set or a top 5 to 10 for individual Marvel minimates.

I pray to God this goes smoothly.

Here are my picks:

1. Wrecking Crew: Wrecker, Bulldozer, Pile Driver & Thunderball
  2. Inhumans: Black Bolt, Medusa, Karnak & Gorgon
  3. Masters of Evil: Baron Helmut Zemo, Moonstone, Radioactive Man & Mr. Hyde
  4. Avengers: Black Panther, Falcon, Tigra & Kang
  5. Alpha Flight: Guardian, Snowbird, sasquatch & Shaman

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Either way, I think it would be interesting (if not downright nightmarish) to keep a running list of whatever weirdo boxset demands we've made lately... and I seem to have the evening off so...

:pinch:

Man - i would love to see an Age of Apocalypse set. (So long as it's not that anniversary sh!t):

Holocaust

Nate Grey

Sunfire

Rogue/Jean Grey (one of the 'never be made' characters)

(I'm not including Weapon X, cause i reckon he's popular to make it into a normal wave)

Or Classic Excalibur line-up

Phoenix (Rachel the Hound)

Shadowcat (Puffy Blue Sleeves)

Captain Britain

Megan

Wouldn't say no to a 90's era X-Force or X-Factor either.

Ok - so please don't shoot me guys. My Picks are:

1. Excalibur: Captain Britain, Megan, Shadowcat, Phoenix

2. Age of Apocalypse: Holocaust, Sunfire, Nate Grey, Jean Grey/Rogue

3. X-Factor: 90's Multiple Man, Strong Guy, Wolfsbane, Random, Polaris. Or Current Multiple Man, Strong Guy, Siryn, Monet

4. X-Force (90's): Warpath, Cannonball, Siryn, Rictor, Retro Cable.

5. Mutant Liberation Front: Stryfe, Reaper, Tempo, Wildside/Locus

AND - because none of my top 5 are likely to be made, i'm picking a 6th place as well.

6. Inhumans: Medusa, Blackbolt, Crystal, Maximus

Since everybody can do what he or she wants, minority rules is OK for me.

But to get a big vote for something I think it's a very effective idea to come up with a few box set suggestions most of us do agree with. Coming up with such a vote doesn't prevent anybody from adding his or her own wishlists in an email. Just like Karamazov said in the beginning.

But since this is a free 'verse, you can do what ever you like. (You know what I mean... :blush: )

I would suggest to vote for teams or groups in a first draft and then for the roosters, since there's a variety of members in most teams (take The Inhumans for instance.) (Damn, that would be whole lot of bureaucracy! :blink: )

These are "original" teams and mentioned members I found while browsing through the 'verse.

Alpha Flight Guardian, Vindicator, Marrina, Northstar, Aurora, Shaman, Snowbird, Puck Sasquatch

Excalibur Captian Britain, Phoenix, Shadowcat, Nightcrawler, Meggan, Kylun, Micromax, Pete Wisdom

Hellfire Club No idea who to add?!?

Inhumans Black Bolt, Medusa, Crystal, Karnak, Gorgon, Triton, Maximus the Mad, Lock-Jaw

MI13 Captain Britain, Pete Wisdom, Spitfire, Black Knight, John the Skrull, Faiza Hussain, Alistaire Stuart, Captain Midlands

Omega Flight Arachne, Guardian, Sasquatch, US Agent

(New) Thunderbolts Jack O'Lantern, Norman Osborn, Bullseye, Moonstone, Songbird, Penance, Swordsman, Radioactive Man

Young Avengers Patriot, Hulkling, Hawkeye, Speed, Wiccan, Stature

Wrecking Crew Wrecker, Bulldozer, Pile Driver, Thunderball

Edited by Bob Harris

I'm not in for a poll. I don't like the majority rules concept. I like the randomness of all of the ideas and the idea of AFX figuring out what's best from all of the ideas. It's not that I don't think the ideas given are bad ideas, but there's some I just am not that interested in and wouldn't want our collective voice pushing it through. Maybe I'm the only one who thinks this way, but it's how I feel.

Well, first off, we don't know how much they will care what we say to begin with, so none of this may actually matter. But assuming that they would seriously consider suggestions sent in, and more seriously consider those suggestions sent in more frequently, the issue with no clear choices being sent by all members is that this lack of a coherent voice might more strongly signal that they could pick and choose what they wanted, instead of what we, as a group, wanted, which is basically what they currently do anyway.

But my first post noted that we would include our own, random "pet" projects (AoA, GLA, etc.) along with one that we would all agree upon. By doing that, we essentially do as you suggest, but at the same time, maximize our chances of getting one thing that we all can vote on. The most desirable characters are going to get communicated to them regardless of what we do here, but my idea is that we can push for something that might not actually be our biggest set of "wants," but our biggest wants that we might not otherwise get, which is something that might not happen unless we can act collectively.

Great idea, shame it's just marvel though, the BSG New Caprica or a Skinjob set would've been good

i would really like a new Storm. a Banshee. a Jubilee. a Multiple Man. i want an all X-Man set (though we're kinda getting it with wave 28) to finish my X-Men team! then some more Avengers. YOUNG avengers, that is!

i agree...more x-men and even new warriors either way i want a jubilee minimate! and young avengers would be awesome!

All righty, here are (more or less) the results of my informal survey of the miscellaneous requests in the AFX reveal threads. Most likely any future request in this thread has appeared in some form in this list already, I guess.

Angel reveal thread

Neal Adam's original X-Men

second Defenders set

X-Factor

X-men vs. Brotherhood (of Mutants?)

"characters that Loeb kills by the end of Ultimatum"

Uncanny X-Men (Banshee, Longshot, long-haired Bishop, Sunfire...)

"Flying Heroes" set (Nighthawk, Darkhawk, Falcon...)

second Secret Invasion set (Mockingbird, Veranke...)

BSG-related boxset

Ghost Rider reveal thread

Excalibur

Squadron Supreme

MODOK, Unus, the Vanisher, Lorelei, Swarm and Stiltman

Kang, Electro, Black Knight, Mandarin

Master-Man, (Dread) Dormammu

Rampage

Xemnu (?!)

Black Widow reveal thread

Nextwave

Jack of Hearts (?!)

old/new Heroes for Hire

Darkstar

Kang :rolleyes:

updated Cable, Rogue, Bishop

Ghost Rider's bike :wallbash:

Howard the Duck, Man-thing

more Avengers

Zeus, Ares

Pixies boxset

Nighthawk and Hellcat (Defenders)

Battlestar Galactica Final Five Cylon set

Black Panther & Black Bolt

Toro and regular jim hammond(invaders)

Hellfire Club

X-Force

Dark Avengers / Dark Reign-related set

Inhumans

Hercules reveal thread

Alpha Flight

old/new Wrecking Crew

old/new Thunderbolts

Secret Wars-related set

any non-Marvel set

Kirby/classic/1st appearance/whatev X-Men

Wolverine Origins movie set (Gambit, Emma Frost...)

"... Jean Grey Thorugh the Ages?!?!"

Sinister

Four Horsemen of (the) Apocalypse

any Age of Apocalypse characters

more movie mates

Marvel 1602

more 90's stuff

Watchmen

Umbrella Academy

Mutant Liberation Front set

Jim Lee-era Jubilee

old/new Masters of Evil

Infinity Watch

Frightful Four

AIM 5-pack (modok,3 aim agents,super adaptoid)

Sinister Six/twelve/whatever

Marvel Knights

West Coast Avengers

Exiles

Great Lakes Avengers

Hydra Box Set (Hydra Goon, Baron Wolfgang Von Strucker, Madame Viper, Arnim Zola)

Sgt. Fury and his Howling Commandos

Guardians Of The Galaxy

post Civil War Fantastic Four (w/ Black Panther, Storm)

Young Avengers

War of Kings-related set

Gen X (or whatever this is)

(GOD FORBID!) Spiderman Through The Ages

Iron Man Armor Wars set

Illuminati 6-pack

Power Pack

Starjammers

New Universe (is this even for real?)

I guess it would be safe to say a lot of people want Black Bolt and/or the Inhumans Royal Family to get released in one form or another [/selective observation]

Edited by NorthRaider

These are "original" teams and mentioned members I found while browsing through the 'verse.

Alpha Flight Guardian, Vindicator, Marrina, Northstar, Aurora, Shaman, Snowbird, Puck Sasquatch

Excalibur Captian Britain, Phoenix, Shadowcat, Nightcrawler, Meggan, Kylun, Micromax, Pete Wisdom

Hellfire Club No idea who to add?!?

Inhumans Black Bolt, Medusa, Crystal, Karnak, Gorgon, Triton, Maximus the Mad, Lock-Jaw

MI13 Captain Britain, Pete Wisdom, Spitfire, Black Knight, John the Skrull, Faiza Hussain, Alistaire Stuart, Captain Midlands

Omega Flight Arachne, Guardian, Sasquatch, US Agent

(New) Thunderbolts Jack O'Lantern, Norman Osborn, Bullseye, Moonstone, Songbird, Penance, Swordsman, Radioactive Man

Young Avengers Patriot, Hulkling, Hawkeye, Speed, Wiccan, Stature

Wrecking Crew Wrecker, Bulldozer, Pile Driver, Thunderball

*ahem*

Alpha Flight:Northstar, Aurora, Sasquatch, Guardian

Four Horseman: Gambit, Polaris, Sunfire, Gazer

Inhumans: Black Bolt, Medusa, Crystal, Maximus

Classic X-men: Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Beast, Iceman

Brotherhood of Mutants: Toad, Pyro, Avalanche, Mystique, Magneto

I think the poll is a great idea as long as we get some characters that are not yet represented in minimate form. Sure there are stull lots of awesome versions of characters we already have but I woul like to see something like

Falcon

Moon Knight

Mr. Sinister

Pyro

This is just off the top of my head, but there are still so many unproduced characters that I think we really need to focus on getting characters that we don't have yet.

heres my picks

avengers

tigra

swordsman

moonknight

hellcat

falcon

captain marvel

demolition man

dark hawk

black panther

black knight

ares

mocking bird

yellow jacket

green quiksilver

not sure witch order but these would be awsome

xmen

cannon ball

wolfsbane

sunspot

multipleman

xorn

warpath

sunfire(aoa and classic)

shadowcat(with lockheed)

rouge (the more recent one)

mimic

marvel girl

northstar

omega sentinal

longshot

marrow

lady mastermind

jubilee

husk

forge

darwin

chamber

banshee

storm(modern)

nightcrawler(modern)

dazzler

armor

anole

dust

rockslide

pixy

x23

boom boom

domino

strongguy

i now theres alot so ill post the rest later

Obscure characters are great, but i only collect Spiderman related & movie related minimates, but i will be picking up the Ultimate wave, so i have no care for any selections that don't feature these.

I imagine movie mates are out of bounds due to licencing, and i'd love to see a clone saga wave that features Kaine, Spidercide and the Jackel, but that's not gonna happen.

So i'm gonna suggest the Ultimate tie -ins due to the fact that we'll be having an Ultimate wave hitting soon.

Ultimatum Boxset:

Ultimate Magneto

Ultimate Quicksilver

Ultimate Scarlet Witch

Ultimate Jamie MadRox (army builder)

or

Missing Ultimates Boxset:

Ultimate Giant Man / Yellow Jacket

Ultimate Wasp

Ultimate Hawkeye

Ultimate Black Widow

Plus i'd like to see this 2-pack too, as both these characters feature in Ultimates 3.

Updated Ultimates 2-pack:

Updated Ultimate Spiderman

Updated Ultimate Wolverine

were not going to get anywhere with this many choices so lets split it into marvel themes and work from there

my ideas for sections:

alternate realities

ultimate

spiderman

spiderman villians

avengers

avenger villians

xmen teams

xmen villians

fantastic four related

ff4 villians

crisises

any other suggestions are welcome

Personally I like the format Nessex used so I'll do that. I'm doing these in no certain order.

1. Annihilation Conquest: Ultron(Phalanx), Star Lord, Adam Warlock, Wraith

2. Fantastic 4 enemies: Doom, Gargoyle, Annihilus, Mole Man

3. Thunderbolts: Baron Zemo, Moonstone, Songbird, Mach IV

4. New Thunderbolts: Green Goblin, Venom(Mac Gargan), Bullseye, Penance

5. Spectacular Spiderman: Spidey, Spot, Tombstone, Black Cat

Lizardman(Other Spidey villains)

Kang

Wrecking Crew

The Runaways