UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Shur-Prize!!

Gouki

Yesterday, I was bored, so I went to my local comic book store (Which I havent visited for months). The last time I went there, they had 2 pegs of 4 minimates each. Yesterday when I went in there, there were tons(about 12) of pegs loaded with minimates. Exclusives, Box Sets, 2-packs, lots and lots. i Walked out a happy man buying iron man thorugh the ages, invaders, and punisher set, for only $50!!!!

So really, the discussion is when have you ever had a minimate surprise? Like findind them, finding lots, meeting minimate fans IRL, etc.

Hmm...well, there was this one time that i met this old man at my shop who wanted to "surprise me with his minimates," but i left...

I remember finding Invaders and IMTTA once, but they weren't really a surprise because i called ahead...Nothing surprises me anymore, since i check release dates and call every Tuesday. ;)

Mini Javelin for $14 at a con. Beyond that, no. I've never seen Minimates at a LCS.

:ohmy: What a deal!!!

That is pure-mega-god like-sexy-luck!

I remember a few months ago, I had given up hope on filling in my DC minmates collection. There were loads that I couldn't get my hands on, and with the fact that I'm English and that DC minimates were cancelled, things were looking bad.

Then, when I least expected it, I found a small comic shop near Finsbury Park tube station in London. I popped inside, ad they had every single DC minimtes set from series 1 to 5! Given that all the minimates I needed were in those series, I was a very happy bunny indeed and snapped them all up.

Now, they have no minimates, but I did also find the Obama issue of Amazing Spiderman there a week or two ago.

I only buy online out of necessity & I have done more than my fair-share of transactions but one sticks out vividly. I spotted an ebay auction which pictured 3 Minimates ,I forget which was the third 'Mate but the other 2 were a Hulk & the other a C3 Batman . Nothing too unusual but the Batman was sealed in a promo style bag & the Hulk also appeared to be in a smaller bag. I paid less than $20 odd inc. shipping & when they arrived the Batman was a sealed 'Dave School' & the Hulk was a DVD Hulk!!! In themselves neither is an outstanding Minimate but to a saddo completist like me...priceless. I have never seen either again on ebay or offered anywhere else!

Edit: Of course I consider the infamous FCBD auction 'my finest hour' :(

Edited by buttheadsmate

My best day is still the day I found a Maximate Sentinel for a measly £10. Best day ever!

I found the Frosted Iceman Variant pack and the Black Spiderwoman Variant pack at my LCS like a year ago for I think $7 each. Needless to say I was psyched. Recently I picked up the Platoon box set for 7 or 8 bucks, it was missmarked as the DSS 2 pack. And yesterday I scored the Secret Invasion box set for $16.00 and the Punnisher set for $12... I had a 20% off coupon at Newbery Comics. It was a good Valentines day :D

BS

ANY time I find minimates in this town, it's a surprise............. :ermm:

Same here!

Man this town (Cumming Georgia) sucks for Minimates. But it's still a good place to live. Not too small, not too big, yaknow?

I hope thats the last time i hear "Cumming" and "not to big not to small" at the same time... :biggrin:

ANY time I find minimates in this town, it's a surprise............. :ermm:

Same here!

Man this town (Cumming Georgia) sucks for Minimates. But it's still a good place to live. Not too small, not too big, yaknow?

I hope thats the last time i hear "Cumming" and "not to big not to small" at the same time... :biggrin:

Damn that name. It's always made fun of.

So, I read this thread the other day and thought, eh, I've never come across any minimates "in the wild", which sucks. So anyway, I work at a gamestop in a mall, and went to go grab a pretzel. There's this little baseball card show thing in the center, and just as I think to myself "hey, I wonder if..." I see an carded gene simmons kiss minimate for 2$. I walk up to the guy and ask "holy crap do you have any more of these", he just looks at me all confused and says no. Not even a kiss fan, but it was cool to find him, first 3" minimate as well :P. Anyways, made my day, so yeah...