UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Best (and Worst) of 2008

Cappy

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was too lazy to vote so I have no right to comment at all but thanks Cappy for doing the donkey-work & presenting the awards in such an entertaining manner ,brilliantly done. :D .

No real surprises at all IMO......but just for a second there I thought G.I.Raffe had finally got his deserved recognition :(

:lol: Great job Cappy! Man... did Dress Uniform McCoy ever hold a grudge against Transformation Venom. And for what....

th_Crotchkick.jpg

Oh ya. I guess that kind of thing lingers in one's mind. Anyway, "HUZZAH!" to all the winners.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

What suprised me even more than the results of Best Custom (Congrats Bob! :woot:) and the top 5 categories combined is the abundance of tie results. I must be a bad influence :P

(I had a feeling the abundance of ties in Sexiest were intentional... more Minimate smexiness to go around, everyone in the Multiverse is happy :lol:)

(though that isn't Susan in your picture :P )

D'oh! I was stumped when I pulled them out for photos, but now I realize she's missing Madonna's mole. *sigh* Some day I might update the picture.

As for the sexiest category, those aren't all ties. I took the top three females and the top three males and paired them up. It seemed fitting, and gave the non-Marvel 'Mates a chance to shine.

Oh, well that Sexiest thing definitely makes sense now... Six and Tony are definitely a smashing couple, but Marlena and Buffalo Bill are just too weird for words... :blink:

Pretty funny watching the Trek mates ganging up on Transformation Venom. Same with "Staying Alive" Spock and just seeing that Grodd skull on a podium :lol:

Thanks again Cappy for putting all this together! It was really fun AND enlightening seeing last year's cream of the Minimate crop :):D

God help us all!

Oh, my God. Oh, my God. I'm sorry. This moment is so much bigger than me. I want to thank my mom who's given me the strength to fight every single day, to be who I want to be... Sorry, just kidding!

Seriously, thank you very much, I really do appreciate that A LOT! :wub:

And thank you VERY much Cappy for the whole poll and that superb and entertaining presentation of the results. (Frak the Academy Awards!) And I totally ♥ these white blanks presenting the best accesories. Awesome picture, Cappy!

Edited by Bob Harris

And I totally ♥ these white blanks presenting the best accesories. Awesome picture, Cappy!

I agree. In fact, everything about the presentation of the awards is inspired. Great stuff.

And I totally ¢¾ these white blanks presenting the best accesories. Awesome picture, Cappy!

I thought the white blanks were a really cool idea too, but now they make me miss JP1000 and Friends even more. :(

Probably it was QC issues or something. Or the fact that they were mostly part reuses. Or maybe it was that dreaded shield cuff (but then US Agent has that shield problem too) Honestly, I am stumped myself.

I got around the problem with the shield cuff on wave 5/Target Cap(the one that comes with the tight cuff and extra hand) by taking his arm apart, sliding the cuff on, and reattaching the arm.

Edited by Dio

Yeah, what NorthRaider said. I remember everyone being stoked about the array of weapons Taskmaster came with, but the comments that came with the votes complained of the QC. I know my shield is rather egg-shaped, the arrow is C-shaped and the bowstring is warped.

This was really good! But I have one question: what was wrong with Taskmaster's gear?

Yes! I just scrolled down to to bottom of the page to ask that question. Okay, it's all reused from others. But that's the point of Taskmaster!!!!

Here's a new mystery to solve: 3rd place for Best Minimate. I mean, am I the only one freaked out that it matched my own vote almost too perfectly? It's weird enough that the odds of a tie in the category should've been astronomical, but why did it have to be these guys specifically?! I'm getting freaked out. :P