UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

secret invasion pics

Glantern

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there any websites that have these in stock? All the sites I went to said they come out January 2009 and you need to preorder them.

Entertainment Earth has them. I'm waiting on BBTS to get theirs in.... hurry up !

I was going to get them at AFX, but I'll get them at BBTS if they come out sooner.

My initial impressions from when they were first announced were okay, nothing too exciting. But I guess that was because Iron Man moviemates were on my radar. I’m glad I avoided the pics here since I didn’t get spoiled too much and am pleasantly surprised on how attached I have become with this set. Wolverine with the normal hair looks like a definitive Wolverine to me, though I still wish he had the X3 claws.

Also, glad these got released on both coasts! I hate it when the east coasters get them late. It feels like it brings down the release excitement a little bit. I mean, look at how many people jumped at releasing pics! Maybe it’s just me but I only remember people begging for pics, not stepping over their feet posting them!

I'm disappointed that you can see Beasts' skrull face with the Beast head facing forwards. What a rip.

On the bright side, it looks like he is molded in blue, so some paint stripping may do the trick towards fixing that problem. If so, I'll probably just take the whole Skrull face off of Beast's head.

I'm disappointed that you can see Beasts' skrull face with the Beast head facing forwards. What a rip.

On the bright side, it looks like he is molded in blue, so some paint stripping may do the trick towards fixing that problem. If so, I'll probably just take the whole Skrull face off of Beast's head.

Hes actually painted blue with a white blank as the base unfortunately =/

If that works please let me know

If you can get that green offa there I'll gladly deal with losing the Skrull head on the back of Beast. I'm buying the set for Beast and not a Skrull Beast, so it's all good.

I'm dying to know about that Wolverine mask swap, though!!! Surely somebody else was thinking of this when they saw the new figure?!

The Super-Skrull is one of my favourite 'Mates & has existed for years. How difficult is it to produce a Secret Invasion set that has four random figures with 4 'normal' heads & 4 spare Skrull heads ? Apparently the 4 spare heads are difficult to put on other Minimates & the reversible heads 'aren't quite the ticket' . The best version of the Beast I'll agree but how could there be anything worse than the other ones?I'll stop there........ I am so disappointed !

The Super-Skrull is one of my favourite 'Mates & has existed for years. How difficult is it to produce a Secret Invasion set that has four random figures with 4 'normal' heads & 4 spare Skrull heads ? Apparently the 4 spare heads are difficult to put on other Minimates & the reversible heads 'aren't quite the ticket' . The best version of the Beast I'll agree but how could there be anything worse than the other ones?I'll stop there........ I am so disappointed !

Hey now BHM, they aren't that bad. I gave 'em a day, and i'm already warming up to them. Give them some sort of part and they really come alive; like how i gave my Jeanie (which i LOVE!!) Jim Hammond's flight stand; looks awsoe, might i add. Once you actually have them, they're really great, and playability is just amazing. Of course, i'm biased because i love the X-Men and was dying for this Jeanie and Jewel. Seriously, don't het them yet; if you really can, i'd give them a go. You may like them after all. :)

I think they should have been packed with the hero heads (with no skrull paint apps) and seperate skrull heads. I do admit that the green paint showing when Hank McCoy's in Beast mode is annoying. But I got 2 spare Beast heads and hopefully I can match the blue paint and do a little touch up on one of them.

I'm dying to know about that Wolverine mask swap, though!!! Surely somebody else was thinking of this when they saw the new figure?!

I've been hoping to be able to use the original Giant Sized mask too,

if possible, could someone post a pic of this new Wolverine wearing the original Mask from that set?

I may be wrong since I never read SI, but shouldn't the bodies be greenish too? It just seems like the skrull head doesn't match with the flesh-colored bodies.

I'm giving this set a pass. :P

Too many characters that we'll never get anyplace else. I doubt they'll ever release Jewel again. And if what this thread says is true, I may be able to scratch the green Skrull paint offa the Beast head to make him look better. And that's the figure I want the most. As a kid I always liked seeing him and Spider-Man team up. Plus, this is one Wolverine that I can't live without if the Giant Size mask works on it. And that Phoenix looks great as well! Finally after how long do we have a non-Dark version? The Cockrum/Claremont X-Men team is nearer completion. Only and a Spitfire and Banshee and i wish a masked version of Angel and we'd be solid.

Anyway, I'm a big fan of this set, even with the Wolverine repeat and inclusion of Jewel over Mockingbird.

when i heard they were gonna make a secrect invasion set i was thinking that spider-woman,yellow jacket and wasp

since she is now dead, and he's has changed his name an all which means that we will never see a yellowjacket minimate BIG SHAME

would be pretty obvious chioces and mabye if we were lucky 3d man would crop up since he is a proper bad-ass in that book, plus these were some of the more important characters in the story. i think that these bit part sort of charaters just feel a bit lazy when they could have brought out far more relevent characters, big dissapointment for me anyway

when i heard they were gonna make a secrect invasion set i was thinking that spider-woman,yellow jacket and wasp

since she is now dead, and he's has changed his name an all which means that we will never see a yellowjacket minimate BIG SHAME

would be pretty obvious chioces and mabye if we were lucky 3d man would crop up since he is a proper bad-ass in that book, plus these were some of the more important characters in the story. i think that these bit part sort of charaters just feel a bit lazy when they could have brought out far more relevent characters, big dissapointment for me anyway

I think the reason behind DST's picks for the SI boxed set was that minimate fans wanted classic Beast and (green) Pheonix (not sure about Jewel) and seeing how those characters showed up in SI it was a logical choice. Now, could DST have just given us a classic Beast and Pheonix (skrull-free)? Yes. But I guess this was their way of killing two birds with one stone. Should DST have done more relevant characters to the SI storyline? Probably. But it's their call on the matter.

If you are an old schooler like me, this beast is great to see as a minimate. It is the definitive Avengers Beast.

If you are a whipper snapper, you may like the cat version (and for that I hate you :) )

I was worried about the green showing, but i think a quick dab of paint and the proplem is solved.

My only issue, is do I display the beast with my Avengers or my X Men?

Now that is a good problem to have :)

moc847

HK