UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Chase figure motherload.

arnim zola

I just got back from a sficfi/toy convention and I usually never find a lot of stuff I want. But I came across a seller I met last show and he upgraded his booth. He had A large tub full of single bagged minnimates. They had figures from every wave of marvel and DC mates, all the zombies and the indymates. I bought a lot of stuff and I got everything for 4 bucks apiece. He let me dump the mates out on his table and go through 1 by 1 to make sure I didnt miss what I wanted. Im going back tomorrow, but I wanted to share my current minimate joy. Here is what I got today.

Wave 1 Black Elektra

Wave 2 Visorless ultimate cyclops

2X JJJ variants

2X civil war nitro

2X Angel variants (the blue face)

The hobgoblin

Iron Man Movie, Mark I Variant

Yellow Daredevil

Harley Quinn ( for my sister)

Gorilla Grodd (didnt get him from the store)

Wave 5 Dr Doom Unmasked Variant.

The best part, is there were single mates from almost every single hard to find box set. No Nightcrawlers but there was a storm and warpath from GSxmen. And a lot of the figures I listed had doubles and triples. the invisible woman variant, the white queen diamond variant, the sdcc fan four set civil war, defenders, iron man through the ages, 1st appearance avengers. Im going to pick and choose and get as many of the hard to find figures as possible b/c I know my peeps on here could use a hand.

But none of this compares to the absolute best minimate I got today.

I found the original black costume spiderman variant and crapped in a hat.

My mind is all over the place right now.

Edited by arnim zola

Great find!

I found the original black costume spiderman variant and crapped in a hat.

I'm sorry to hear about this, though. I hope that you might find better ways of channeling your excitement in the future.

I'd crap in a hat for a frosty Ice Man variant but my colon has performance issues.

Keep an eye on EBay. Sometimes "factory rejects" of this figure pop up for reasonable prices. Plus, sellers there usually don't even require defecating into hats as a condition of buying! Win/win.

Edited by karamazov80

there is a show in plano and richardson (just north of dallas) texas 4 times a year. scifiexpo.com is the website. My friend went and got some bad ass old school marvel legends from toy biz. Its been a good day.

You know, I've been meaning to go to that. Now without WWD this year I probably will.

there is a show in plano and richardson (just north of dallas) texas 4 times a year. scifiexpo.com is the website. My friend went and got some bad ass old school marvel legends from toy biz. Its been a good day.

You know, I've been meaning to go to that. Now without WWD this year I probably will.

You should come up here sometime. I remember PMing you about one of those shows once. And this has been the best show in years. And am I the only one that knows where crap in a hat came from? That would make me a sad panda.

Again, I don't mean to be disrespectful, but I always thought this was a "humans only" forum. Mods, can't we make a special section for our members without opposable thumbs? I just think they would feel more comfortable communicating with their own kind is all.

Wow. Those are great finds, way to go! And in other Black Spidey news... While this isn't directly related, it also doesn't warrant a new thread. I won a sealed two pack of the black SM and venom on ebay and when it arrived the priority box had been opened, crushed and there was only bubble wrap and the invoice inside. Totally sucks!! The seller was great though and has already refunded my money. A warning to anyone using those usps priority boxes with the easy open tear strip: TAPE OVER THEM! That's how someone easily opened my package and stole the minimates. It's almost like they knew there would be something good in it and then kept it going through the usps system. I won't buy another thing on ebay over 10 bucks without getting it insured either.

Wow. Those are great finds, way to go! And in other Black Spidey news... While this isn't directly related, it also doesn't warrant a new thread. I won a sealed two pack of the black SM and venom on ebay and when it arrived the priority box had been opened, crushed and there was only bubble wrap and the invoice inside. Totally sucks!! The seller was great though and has already refunded my money. A warning to anyone using those usps priority boxes with the easy open tear strip: TAPE OVER THEM! That's how someone easily opened my package and stole the minimates. It's almost like they knew there would be something good in it and then kept it going through the usps system. I won't buy another thing on ebay over 10 bucks without getting it insured either.

That sounds like some suspicious stuff right there. About someone knowing there were minimates inside. I'd watch that seller just in case.

That sounds like some suspicious stuff right there. About someone knowing there were minimates inside. I'd watch that seller just in case.

No, I've dealt with him before and he is not the problem. Although, something is fishy in the post office from there to here!

What did I get when I went back? I dont remember now. I took my mark 1 iron man back b/c I forgot he wasnt the variant. So I swapped it for the mark 2. I got general ross and betty ross from the hulk movie line, since my store wasnt able to restock and I missed the boat. I got an extra giant man/ant man and another wasp since I broke the wing harness on one of mine. I got an extra cassie cain bat girl w/out the mask, but w/ the hairpiece. I got a Solomon Grundy BAF from DC universe for 30 bucks from the guy also. I also got some hot nerdy girls phone number and a new picture of me and tom jane. Probably some other stuff too but I cant really remember. Im going to steadily buy up all this dudes good/exclusive/variant/hard to find stuff over the next month or so and I will finally put up my own want/have in the flea market. Oh yeah, I also got an extra thanos, some powermans/iron fists, and a GSXM Colossus, storm, warpath and wolverine.

Twisted Toyfare Theatre.

Read it.

Again, I don't mean to be disrespectful, but I always thought this was a "humans only" forum. Mods, can't we make a special section for our members without opposable thumbs? I just think they would feel more comfortable communicating with their own kind is all.

"Sad panda."

:lol:

Nice.