UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

KAAAAAHHHHHHHNNNNNN!

groundhog7s

Last week I got an e-mail from DST thanking me for participating in one of their Q&As and asking for my shipping info so they could send me a free gift.

Before I left for work today, a colleague e-mailed me with the news that Ricardo Montalban had passed away. You can imagine my reaction when I got home, opened the package that had arrived from DST, and found a battle-damaged Khan figure from Star Trek II.

Not only is it my favorite Trek film but it was great to see Mr. Montalban reprise his role after all those years. Receiving this figure on the day of his passing will give it even more sentimental value.

I think I'll pop in a DVD now.

Damn, this sucks. One time I went to a screening of Wrath of Khan with director Nicholas Meyer in attendance. Afterward he took questions from the audience. One guy asked what it was like working with, and I quote, "two of the biggest hams in acting - Shatner and Montalban". Well I wish I had Meyer's response on tape, because he tore the guy a new one. He staunchly defended Montalban's acting chops, and listed off a bunch of movies/ random TV episodes in which he had kicked ass - Fantasy Island not included, naturally.

He will be missed.