UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Mystery Mate Help Needed?

dai613

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not Minimate-related but I just want a little help with the cover of this free comic pamphlet I got:

post-2659-1233403199_thumb.jpg

Who is the girl wearing green under Red Hulk? I've more or less figured out who most of the people on this cover are (seemed like only a year or so ago when half of these people would've been totally alien to me) but I simply cannot make heads or tails on who that girl is.

Hurm, doesn't look like Echo (wasn't she Hispanic or something?). The girl in green really strikes me as a villain of some sort... maybe an obscure character from Thunderbolts or X-Men? Or maybe she's from one of the newer series that came out...

I'm pretty sure that the mystery woman is Sersi. She's a character from the Eternals comic and was an Avenger at one time. Check out her gallery. That Marvel group shot shows her in a modified version of her costume, but compare it to her gallery shots and it's pretty clear it's her.

P.S: Madame Hydra had green hair if memory serves me correctly.

Sersi from Eternals, huh? Hmm... the costume looks to have been modified for the cover but otherwise I can definitely see a resemblance. Thanks guys! Mystery solved! (Now is there anyone else in that picture I haven't identified yet...?)

Now that's two Eternals characters I know whose names seem to be intentional spelling variations of Greek mythology characters. Icarus--->Ikaris (and yes, I already know the back story behind his name), Circe--->Sersi. Odd.

Sersi from Eternals, huh? Hmm... the costume looks to have been modified for the cover but otherwise I can definitely see a resemblance. Thanks guys! Mystery solved! (Now is there anyone else in that picture I haven't identified yet...?)

Now that's two Eternals characters I know whose names seem to be intentional spelling variations of Greek mythology characters. Icarus--->Ikaris (and yes, I already know the back story behind his name), Circe--->Sersi. Odd.

Jack Kirby was into gods, mythology and all that stuff. Makarri (Mercury) was another character in The Eternals comics. I'm sure there are more that I can't think of right now as well.