UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Red Lanterns and Blue Lanterns

The Vox

Any of you that know me, know I LOVED the DC Minimates. Finally having Sinestro, Star Saphire & Hal Jordan was a Minimate Dream of mine since I first saw Marvel Minimates many years ago.

Well, if there are any others out there that are even a little interested in Green Lantern you gotta check out the currect running story involving the "light wars" with the Red Lanterns and others. My first take was, "oh great, now every color in the rainbow has a Corps of ring bearers", but seriously the story is deep, layered and connected to much history in the DCU. This last issue left me extremely interested to see what comes next..

This is just another thing in the long list of things that makes me wish DC was still doing Minimates. I'd love to see a Sinestro Corp Sinestro, a Saint Walker Blue Lantern, Ganthet, Atrocitus the Red Lantern, Agent Orange, and any other wacky color weilders out there as a minimate!!

-Vox Lantern

Any of you that know me, know I LOVED the DC Minimates. Finally having Sinestro, Star Saphire & Hal Jordan was a Minimate Dream of mine since I first saw Marvel Minimates many years ago.

Well, if there are any others out there that are even a little interested in Green Lantern you gotta check out the currect running story involving the "light wars" with the Red Lanterns and others. My first take was, "oh great, now every color in the rainbow has a Corps of ring bearers", but seriously the story is deep, layered and connected to much history in the DCU. This last issue left me extremely interested to see what comes next..

This is just another thing in the long list of things that makes me wish DC was still doing Minimates. I'd love to see a Sinestro Corp Sinestro, a Saint Walker Blue Lantern, Ganthet, Atrocitus the Red Lantern, Agent Orange, and any other wacky color weilders out there as a minimate!!

-Vox Lantern

Geez... Please tell me that the pink lantern is either female or a gay guy (That would be hilarious!)

This sounds about as stupid as Marvel's "We need new villains... Let's do female versions of our old ones and make a big deal about it" idea (IE: Lady Bullseye, Lokiette, things like that)

With comics, you need to "catch" readers with silly gimmicks (Marvel good guys pick sides against one another, etc.), and try to keep them there with good writing (which may or may not happen). When you think about it, though, most comic book concepts, looked at broadly, are pretty stupid and/or silly (family bombarded by "cosmic rays" develop "fantastic" powers; alien baby is sent to earth and can fly around, etc.; lightning bolt hits chemicals and makes man super fast).

Having said that, I think the concepts are getting pretty lazy nowadays--"Red Hulk?" Gimme a break :rolleyes:

Rulk himself is pretty badass (Did you see the way he killed that Wendigo in the special?) The thing that pissed me off (and made me give up the Hulk series) was that at the end of the story arc which was building up to the great reveal of Rulk's identity, NOTHING HAPPENED! It only took the two most obvious suspects and proved that it wasn't them. That pissed me off more than anything about Rulk's existence.

And I agree that concepts are getting lazy. Brand New Day sound familiar?

I was already hooked on Green Lantern before the Sinestro Corps War, and have to say, I think the new story is going to be great. Expanding the color spectrum to other emotions seems logical. If green is willpower, and yellow is fear (natch) it makes perfect sense for red to be rage. i know blue is hope, and pink (Star Sapphires) is love, black is going to be deceased heroes and villains, I'm sure we'll see white by the end, but what is orange? i know its going to start with the Weaponers of Qward, but what emotion is it? indigo too, i'm not sure what that one will be either. it's really cool how they (Geoff Johns) are tying everything together.

I've always liked superheroes like GL and Batman, no powers per-say, but they can hang with the super-powered by sheer force of will and ingenuity.

I still can't believe they canceled the DC mates, I was a little late to the party but they are most of my favorites.

I was already hooked on Green Lantern before the Sinestro Corps War, and have to say, I think the new story is going to be great. Expanding the color spectrum to other emotions seems logical. If green is willpower, and yellow is fear (natch) it makes perfect sense for red to be rage. i know blue is hope, and pink (Star Sapphires) is love, black is going to be deceased heroes and villains, I'm sure we'll see white by the end, but what is orange? i know its going to start with the Weaponers of Qward, but what emotion is it? indigo too, i'm not sure what that one will be either. it's really cool how they (Geoff Johns) are tying everything together.

I've always liked superheroes like GL and Batman, no powers per-say, but they can hang with the super-powered by sheer force of will and ingenuity.

I still can't believe they canceled the DC mates, I was a little late to the party but they are most of my favorites.

Just to quickly get away from the topic: Orange is greed. I know this because they are my favorite Lanterns.

So far we know the Emotional Spectrum to be:

Red - Rage

Orange - Avarice

Yellow - Fear

Green - Will Power

Blue - Hope

Indigo - Compassion

Violet - Love

Then adding to that is Black - Death

I'm loving this story line so far. I've been a fan of GL for years and I've never been this excited about the books. Geoff Johns is the man.

Geez... Please tell me that the pink lantern is either female or a gay guy (That would be hilarious!)

This sounds about as stupid as Marvel's "We need new villains... Let's do female versions of our old ones and make a big deal about it" idea (IE: Lady Bullseye, Lokiette, things like that)

No Pink Lanterns because the color doesn't exist! It is not a color in the color spectrum. It's true!

Rulk himself is pretty badass (Did you see the way he killed that Wendigo in the special?) The thing that pissed me off (and made me give up the Hulk series) was that at the end of the story arc which was building up to the great reveal of Rulk's identity, NOTHING HAPPENED! It only took the two most obvious suspects and proved that it wasn't them. That pissed me off more than anything about Rulk's existence.

And I agree that concepts are getting lazy. Brand New Day sound familiar?

say it with me now, Loeb and Editorial Mandates at the House of (Bad) Ideas are what is ruining everything. when a badly written book (rulk) is a top seller the way it is, you know its a sign of the apocalypse.

The Rulk stuff is good for what it is: Pure Fluff. It's fist fights and "who's tougher?" shennanigans and nothin' else. The art is great, sure... but the story is pretty so-so.

Still, I enjoy that Rulk is so strong just because eventually the Hulk is going to kick his butt thoroughly. And I like the Hulk.

It's too bad that DC gave up like a bunch of lame ass suckers and folded on the DC minimates line. All the new colored Lanterns would be neat (along with the rest of the DCU!).

as well as a reboot of the heroes reborn universe perhaps?

I know where you work, and when you post things like this, I'm always afraid that you know something we don't and that you're trying to warn us that horrible comics are ahead.

I'm loving this story line so far. I've been a fan of GL for years and I've never been this excited about the books. Geoff Johns is the man.

True Words. It's nice to read DD's comments that he has wanted the return of Hal and Barry since taking the helm at DC and finding Geoff Johns with the passion to do it was a perfect fit. This story has been so much fun, all I can think about is all the cool minis that could be made.. I'll have to settle for 6" or 8" characters (or whatever the scale they use). Now I'm curious to see if Hal may be wearing a different color uniform for a short time.....

• 2 weeks later...

Little bit of spoiler news for the Darkest Night - DC Direct will be making a line of action figures that tie into the Darkest Night - Alpha Lantern Boodikka, the first Red Lantern Atrocitus, the first Blue Lantern Saint Walker and the very first mention anywhere of the first Black Lantern (not shown, but mentioned in the text).

Click here if you want to know and be spoiled

BTW, the figures look all right. Would like them better if they were Minimates, of course...

Little bit of spoiler news for the Darkest Night - DC Direct will be making a line of action figures that tie into the Darkest Night - Alpha Lantern Boodikka, the first Red Lantern Atrocitus, the first Blue Lantern Saint Walker and the very first mention anywhere of the first Black Lantern (not shown, but mentioned in the text).

Click here if you want to know and be spoiled

BTW, the figures look all right. Would like them better if they were Minimates, of course...

I'd also love to see the new Elephant Looking Blue Lantern.. the dude is just sweet..

DUDE! Now Red Lantern Hal Jordan is a mini I really would have loved to have!!! I wish I was a talented custom maker!

The above is a spoiler on this weeks edition of Green Lantern.

I gotta say, this story just keeps getting better and better!

• 2 weeks later...

I can't wait for Blackest Night and would have loved to see more Lantern based minimates. Kyle (preferbly in his first post Ion costume/the one he wore in Rebirth), SC Sinestro, any of the Blue, Red, Orange, Violet and Indigo LanternsI mean we never got a Kyle mate, and he's my favourite GL (though Hal is a close second). Plus there is also

Red Lantern Hal and some of the characters they've announced will be Black Lanterns

! Such a shame really :(

I can't wait for Blackest Night and would have loved to see more Lantern based minimates. Kyle (preferbly in his first post Ion costume/the one he wore in Rebirth), SC Sinestro, any of the Blue, Red, Orange, Violet and Indigo LanternsI mean we never got a Kyle mate, and he's my favourite GL (though Hal is a close second). Plus there is also

Red Lantern Hal and some of the characters they've announced will be Black Lanterns

! Such a shame really :(

DUDE EXACTLY my thoughts! I'm a huge Kyle fan as well and that is by far my favorite costume of his. I don't know why they couldn't leave his costume alone. Original Ion was awesome.. Ion Part Two was meh.. Post Ion costume was AWESOME and current Kyle is ok. Hal and Kyle are the only real GL's in my book. I just could never get into the personalities of Guy and/or Jon as much.. seemed a little one dimensional to me.. not very deep.

Anyway, the story is great, I'm sure all the upcoming full size figures will be great.. though I'd much rather be collecting DC Minis than $16.00 ea. full size figures. :)

Bring on the Blackest Night!!

Edited by The Vox

DUDE EXACTLY my thoughts! I'm a huge Kyle fan as well and that is by far my favorite costume of his. I don't know why they couldn't leave his costume alone. Original Ion was awesome.. Ion Part Two was meh.. Post Ion costume was AWESOME and current Kyle is ok. Hal and Kyle are the only real GL's in my book. I just could never get into the personalities of Guy and/or Jon as much.. seemed a little one dimensional to me.. not very deep.

I pretty much second everything you said there. While I am a bigger Marvel fan, I'm still dissapointed they finished the DC minimates without adding in more GLs.

Appologies if this is going off topic, but have you heard of the "Kyle as a Blue Lantern" idea that's been floating around on the internet? I'm a supporter of the idea as I think the Blue Ring would suit him.

I pretty much second everything you said there. While I am a bigger Marvel fan, I'm still dissapointed they finished the DC minimates without adding in more GLs.

Appologies if this is going off topic, but have you heard of the "Kyle as a Blue Lantern" idea that's been floating around on the internet? I'm a supporter of the idea as I think the Blue Ring would suit him.

No. That is a great idea! They could start a whole other book on that! (or at least a new series). Is the rumor based on anything or is it just something fans want to see? I hope the guy that makes custom mini aps makes some blue and red lantern aps.

Here is a link to a a pic of the first known black lantern. There is actually a second black lantern in the bottom corner. LINKY

I would be all over minimates of these guys especially the black lanterns they look so cool.

Edited by MiniFiend UK

Here is a link to a a pic of the first known black lantern. There is actually a second black lantern in the bottom corner. LINKY

I would be all over minimates of these guys especially the black lanterns they look so cool.

Is it just me, or are these Black Lantern choices...interesting...?

I mean, the two...well, three, but i'm not counting Black Hand, are both

JL hereos, Supes and Martian Manhunter, both Earth 2.

I wonder what this means...