UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

MMMV Geographic

Bob Harris

Having too much free time on my hands lets me sometimes do nice stuff, sometimes nerdy thinking and somtimes stuff like this:

This forum is one of the most familial, cozy, interactive and nicest ones I've ever been to. Besides being able to talk about our all time favorite mates and plenty of other stuff, it's nice to talk to - at least :P - most of it's members. And since we're from a whole bunch of different and foreign countries and cities, I'd love to get to know those places! At least via Wikipedia. So, if you want to join the MMMV Geographics™, just add - if there is one - a wiki-link to your hometown, so everybody can see.

I'll start this thing up:

I'm from Kassel, Germany.

Edited by Bob Harris

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in Hatherleigh http://www.hatherleigh.net/tourism.asp & Wiki hasn't heard of 'it' & I doubt 99% of the people who live here haven't heard of Wiki ;) .

Interesting looking festival you have there. . .

http://www.hatherleigh.net/touringimages/Gumboots-Live.jpg

I come from Cumming Georgia, north of Atlanta. I love the south and I love my hometown. God Bless America.

Cumming! - Best place name ever!

I have a friend who used to live there ( She recently moved) and I used to hang out at hers sometimes back when I lived in Atlanta.

T.

I am a proud resident of the greatest state in the union, and by extension, the world. (I'm really only being a little snarky :P )

Houston is my base of operations, but not where I live. Though it has an extensive highway system, so I can travel 100 miles in a trip and it's no big deal. I always feel sorry for people talking about living where the nearest town is 15 miles away and it's so far. Until you've been here, you truly have no concept of Houston's size.

I'll post my hometown after out Secret Santa bit, which I suspect this is just a resource to find out our santas. :P

BTW, any one looking for information on Texas, or even if you just like getting mail from other countries, I suggest you go to TravelTex and order the 2008 Texas Travel Guide

I am a proud resident of the greatest state in the union, and by extension, the world. (I'm really only being a little snarky :P )

Houston is my base of operations, but not where I live. Though it has an extensive highway system, so I can travel 100 miles in a trip and it's no big deal. I always feel sorry for people talking about living where the nearest town is 15 miles away and it's so far. Until you've been here, you truly have no concept of Houston's size.

I'll post my hometown after out Secret Santa bit, which I suspect this is just a resource to find out our santas. :P

BTW, any one looking for information on Texas, or even if you just like getting mail from other countries, I suggest you go to TravelTex and order the 2008 Texas Travel Guide

god i LOVE texas, i have family there, and went to visit two years ago. It is B-E-A-U-TIFUL! :P

I live in the one of the worst places to live in right now, Michigan. Sterling Heights

I come from Cumming Georgia, north of Atlanta. I love the south and I love my hometown. God Bless America.

Cumming! - Best place name ever!

I have a friend who used to live there ( She recently moved) and I used to hang out at hers sometimes back when I lived in Atlanta.

T.

[sigh] I knew SOMEBODY was going to make that joke, but I figured it would be bhm first. But Que Sera Sera. (that has become my catchphrase!)

Where HAVEN'T you lived TBT? Is there a portion of the US that you have not taken up residence in?

Oh, hey, here's the Wikipedia Page on Cumming

Edited by Trekker 42

Much of my daily life is based in Manila: I live in nearby Paranaque City and attend school in Malate. I can take public transportation and toyhunt in as far away as Quezon City (where I have relatives). I often like to hang out in Makati or Fort Bonifacio. (Yeah... I'm kind of restless :lol:)

Conveniently, we also have three of the biggest friggin' malls in the world. And to date I have completely covered the land area of two of 'em on foot. Dang mall-crazy country :blink:

Edited by NorthRaider

Totally amazing how everybody is participating in here! Nice, ladies(?) and gentlemen, really nice! I'll browse through all those places when I have some free time again. And for the idea with the world's map: that's a great idea to add! Does anyone know how to create that? I could then add it to the first post of this thread.

And NorthRaider, it's really sad, that the only pic Wiki displays of your city is the one with the burning avenue! Bad Wiki! ;)