UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not thrilled with the face on the Winter Soldier Black Widow. Something looks...severely off. Manish. Glad I kept my Avengers one.

Forgot all about the 7B Doctor. Don't event want him for Matt, i want the free Peter head. At this point i've liked his "The Caretaker" and "Robots of Sherwood" costumes the best so they shouldn't be too hard to customize a decent 12th.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you get it K80? Mine is supposed to be in my hands next week. I am really impressed with pics so far and a little surprised that it actually happened.

Yeah, I pre-ordered it. These bootleg figures have a tendency to get made despite what licensors try to do to stop them. One funny example was the bootleg Metal Gear figure from a couple years back. The company was targeted by Hot Toys, and released a letter apologizing and saying they weren't going to release it. Then, they just released it anyway laugh.png

I think they are Han and Luke, but they haven't revealed that yet. Just a hunch...

Khev was speculating that these might be released separately, and as a two pack with Exclusive Han and Luke heads. That idea makes a lot of sense to me. Edited by karamazov80

Looks like Hot Toys is coming out with a battle damaged Robocop and Officer Murphy set. If I was a bigger Robocop fan I'd have to get a Murphy but I'm just not that into the films. Still cool that they're bringing him to market though. Never would have thought to make a Murphy figure. Now if he comes with swappable shotgun blasted hand and battle damaged gear...

Those actually went up for pre-order today. A very impressive set. I enjoy Robocop, but not enough to get these figures (fortunately for my checking account).

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/robocop-robocop-battle-damaged-version-alex-murphy-hot-toys-902285/

TD9Dg0k.jpg

Edited by karamazov80

Name brand recognition, I assume.

A figure that costs 180, which comes with like 7 or 8 accessories and maybe even 2 looks are done, where as a figure that 250 and only comes with an accessory or 2 (if you get the exclusive edition) has made a lot of Hot Toys an easy skip for me.

Whats funny though, is that Wolverine got shown off and put up for pre-order within like a day... Ripley, on the other hand, has been months and still no preorder.

I got the new Terminator last night. It didn't blow me away initially, but with some modding of the neck and futzing I've turned this and my old bash into two pretty sweet figures that I'm happy with.

Opened up my SSC Batman over the weekend. I like him a lot. I went with the short-eared cowl and a simple standing, batarang ready pose. I do wish he came with an unmasked head with folded back cloth cowl for those "working in the Cave" moments. And I really miss the cape having a wire around the edges for posing. But seeing as I got this one for free I won't criticize too harshly. I might go ahead and add a wire to the sides of the cape as the sewn edges are already there. Overall I really like this guy a lot. Can't wait to see how my fave Green Lantern turns out. I'll definitely be shelling out for him.