UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

This is what I mean by stain:

SarahConnorCloseUppartedbangs.jpg

If you look closely at her forehead, you can see a slight discoloration. You can only see it with this particular hair piece and it's imposible to see with both the normal bangs and the hat. It's only where the hat directly touches the head. I wouldn't let it turn you away from the figure.

Edited by Glantern

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe what happened with the Sarah Connor figures was intentional though. You know, as if she's really a Terminator, and you can see the battle damage by ripping away the brittle rubber?

TvGrmmA.jpg

Now see, thats the thing of it. They ask $200 to $300 dollars for these things but they don't last but a year before they fall apart. Its ridiculous. I really wanted the Big Chap, but no way is that thing going to last and folks had issues right away.

If anyone elses loved Elizabeth from Bioshock: Infinite as much as i did (that came out kinda wrongermm.gif ) we've opened up an interest thread for a 1/6 scale fig here: http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125966. I'm also working on a custom Booker too (he's mostly a kitbash, except from some modifications i'll do to an indy sculpt) and a dr who (10th doc)/Elizabeth-Booker fan fiction.

On the rubber subject: Until they develop a new technology that allows rubber not to crack i'm staying away from such figs. I wanted to buy a comedian a couple of years back but after seeing the problems others had with him i decided against it.

Edited by Kostisfire

Well HT has moved away from traditional rubber for the most part, and toward a flexible PVC-type material that they claim is less liable to decay over time. This is what they use on their muscle bodies. Some such as Shane (and myself to some degree) are skeptical, but I'm not aware of a single instance yet of this new material cracking, leaking, or otherwise degrading. I think HT are trying to adapt and evolve to avoid major QC snafus. Maybe they could try harder, but they are clearly making changes as time goes on across the board with their figures.

• 2 weeks later...

The DX set with the hatless sculpt was $620. After much drama with iminime's order process, I was able to order one last night, Kara got his order in last week.

Only 35 DX sets and 50 standard sets are being produced.

Like Sigourney Weaver, Eastwood doesn't license his likeness. The Minimates were rare examples of Eastwood based toys, because DST got around the likeness issue.

Yep, just like we should be seeing a Weaver Minimate! The guy who sculpted that is Trevor Grove, who in my humble estimation is the single best 1/6 scale head sculptor there is. I was really psyched to see that Justin got that order in. More people jockeying for it and fewer were available, but fate was on his side!

I'm definitely upgrading Clint's shoes, though.

Edited by karamazov80

• 2 weeks later...

Someone cancelled their Iron Patriot preorder at BBTS, and I jumped on it! Lord help me, I may have a problem.

I know the diecast is new to everyone, but how hard do you think it would be to take the Rhodey face out of the open-masked head & stick an RDJ in there?

Also, Black Widow finally dropped into my PoL. Good thing this Friday is payday. blush.png

Congrats! As far as the head goes, the open mask head should be the same sculpt as the Mark 42. I don't know about the logistics of swapping the exposed face, but I'm guessing it can be done. Keep an eye out on the Sideshow Freaks forum when they are both released, as I'm guessing someone there might be planning the same thing.

Worst case scenario, you could always "shell" out (get it? :) ) for extra heads on eBay if you don't want to risk damaging the originals.

Looks nice for what it is. I wonder how well it will sell though. I guess the pre-order sales of Iron Monger were enough to convince HT to revisit the older villains. I got that BD Mark VII on order, but that was more me getting sucked into the hype than anything else. I really am Iron Man'd out personallyl.

Edited by karamazov80

• 3 weeks later...