UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

Yeah, sometimes folks get good deals early from Asian sellers like that, but usually it's folks who don't have patience and are willing to pay a premium to get something early.

$215 for Cap is actually making me balk. It isn't really surprising, but it does seem really high for what you're getting. . .

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prices have really gone crazy for 1/6th lately. I know HT is high quality stuff, but there is a limit. Even Sideshow is getting pricey with their latest offerings.

The prices on these are too high, no doubt, but last year's exclusives were $5 more and given HT's recent trend of pricing, I was actually expecting these to be closer to $250, so these prices are a bit of a relief.

Overall, I am feeling priced-out of the 1/6th game, though. These are pretty much my last HTs, unless they make something I absolutely can't say no to, which seems more and more unlikely

I agree Glantern. I am still buying Sideshow clones, as I have them all so far, but I've really gotten very choosey with my HT purchases. My last HT purchase was reeves Superman.

I've been able to fund newer figures by selling older ones for awhile, but as I whittle my collection down to more essential pieces I don't want to offload I'm not sure that is sustainable for much longer.

Seriously, some of Denny's in-house guys do work rivaling just about anybody. I'm not sure all the guest-star artist collaborations is really necessary (though with Trevor I'm sure that fact does boost sales).

I would display mine that was as well if I could justify $800 or whatever for one of those massive trophy cases. If only I had a big truck so I could buy stuff like that off of Craigslist.

I don't know about NO, but I've seen all kinds of cool looking display cases in Baton Rouge that I just couldn't get because of the size. Some of the curio cabinets also look pretty classy in relation to a more utilitarian trophy case.

I am looking for something of a certain height and length. Width is not as important. I'll try to keep an eye on the BR stuff. My office has a book case mounted on the wall about four feet off the floor and about ten foot across. I want to get something to go under it. And if you need a friend with a truck, drop me a line. I can ride up to BR. I have a Ford F-150 Supercrew. The bed is only 6' but I carry my 10' kayak and my 16' canoe all over the place in it.

The stuff that shows up in NOLA tends to be junk that the seller thinks is made of gold...

That is an incredibly generous offer Shane, and I really appreciate that, but I couldn't possibly ask you for something like that! I will have to give you a shout if I'm ever in NO with some free time to buy you a beer or some beignets, though smile.png I haven't met any MMMVers in the flesh before due to my not going to cons, but you and I are practically down the street from each other. I'll let you know if I ever run across something that seems to meet your criteria round these parts. I think some of those trophy shops custom make shelves, so if price is not an option you can probably go that route.

Edited by karamazov80