UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

I just cashed in my Sideshow Rewards for another 1/6 Zartan to customize. I'm waiting to hear what the SDCC exclusives are, but if "Blue" Zartan isn't one of them, I am going to make my own!

Not sure if RIT dye will stain a Sideshow body, curious to find out! :biggrin:

Well, that didn't work. The RIT dye barely stained the head/arms, and the rest of the body/legs didn't dye at all. The only parts that completely dyed are the elbow/knee connector pieces.

Not sure if I want to try another stain, or just try to paint him up from here.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, TTF!

I was waiting for the SDCC exclusives to be announced, as usually Sideshow's GI Joe exclusive is a variation of a standard release, but finally just decided to go forward as they still haven't announced the exclusives and the show is 6 weeks away...

I totally expect a "Blue Zartan" announcement now... Lol!

DX Joker 2.0 (Ledger) are being released. The newest one shows off what appears to be a Kato tailored outfit. Folks were paying something like $1,000 to get these custom made.

292683_326593187415221_634485457_n.jpg

Wow! This is a definite buy for me, the only Ledger Joker I have is Bank Robber, so this will hopefully be the "perfect" Joker for my collection....until 3.0 comes out... :)

Now, how much of a premium will Hot Toys get away with charging by advertising that it is a "Kato" designed suit???

I figure that's only gonna mean something to a smallish group of collectors (even by Hot Toys standards), so I'm not sure what role that branding will play. Having said that, they thought it was important enough to toss his name up on this preview pic. . .

Edited by karamazov80

Joker 2.0 looks great. I am not sure if I'll get it. I'd much rather have Bank Robber Joker. I sold all my Batman HT and I have really missed that BR Joker. He is the only one I plan to re-purchase...

Shane, depending on the final sculpt/price of this 2.0 looks, I may be interested in parting with my BR Joker, I'll let you know.

Yeah, I'd be interested. Thanks.

Cool, once we get some in-hand pix from collectors in China I will let you know what I decide to do.

If anyone else besides K80 and I collect the Sideshow Joe line, I wanted to point out that CREG Customs has sculpted up a custom "Ballistic Ninja" head with multiple visor/goggle options. He is selling the head for $49 and it looks so much better than what Sideshow has done for Snake Eyes.

All+Pieces.jpg

IMG_8702.JPG

Link to more pix.

Hot Toys and i have a different definition of what "sculpted" hair means. Guess they use the salon definition. It's not TOO bad, and shorter hair will likely mean it's easier to keep in place, but it's disappointing.

Besides that, HOLY FUCK she's perfect. Instant, instant buy, and i might be in love.

Neo looks good, but honestly, my interest in that property is non-existent at this point.

FYI, looks like Sideshow announced through the newsletter that the SDCC Exclusives are only going to be shipping from the warehouse, and not available at the show.

"Well start taking orders for our con Exclusives the first week of July and will be shipping them out right before showtime (whether you'll be attending SDCC or not). This gives attendees more opportunities to grab more stuff at the show with those free arms"

There are 4 exclusives:

- 1/6 Star Wars Clone

- 1/6 Hot Toys WWII Rescue Captain America

- 1/6 GI Joe Falcon

- ???