UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys got a question for you. I got a Mark IV off ebay and the chest plate armor has a blemish on it. I need to look at it in better light but it almost looks like it's a factory defect not something the seller could have done. I haven't contacted the seller yet as I'm undecided what to do. I got a decent deal on this $225 shipped so I would either tell him I want to ship it back for a refund or just keep it. Or maybe ask for a bit back. I searched to see if any loose Mark IV parts were currently/recently on ebay but didn't see any. I'm cool with the worn marks this figure is supposd to come with but I think this will bug me. Think it's a possibility to get a replacement part from HT directly?

post-41-0-08125200-1326913650_thumb.jpg

Getting replacements direct from Hot Toys is next to impossible, and they won't recognize eBay sales at all as far as I know. That is definitely a blemish, and not an intended one, I would contact the seller directly and see if they are willing to either replace/refund.

With the upcoming release of the Suit-Up Gantry and Mark IV, I'm sure more parts will hit eBay. If you don't want to wait, I would suggest trying to find a replacement on the Freaks board.

Or you could always break down and buy this rare "Morton Downey" versionof the Mark IV! :lol:

Getting replacements direct from Hot Toys is next to impossible, and they won't recognize eBay sales at all as far as I know. That is definitely a blemish, and not an intended one, I would contact the seller directly and see if they are willing to either replace/refund.

With the upcoming release of the Suit-Up Gantry and Mark IV, I'm sure more parts will hit eBay. If you don't want to wait, I would suggest trying to find a replacement on the Freaks board.

Or you could always break down and buy this rare "Morton Downey" versionof the Mark IV! :lol:

I registered at Sideshow Freaks just waiting for the mods to approve me or whatever so I can post. I hate when boards do that. Anyway I'll take your suggestion and try to get one there. I'm still contemplating messaging the seller since the auction said the figure was in excellent condition, which it is except for the blemish. Just surpised he didn't mention it. The other factor is the price I got it for...If I try to get another one on ebay I'll be paying at least $50 more.

Didn't know I have to wait to be "established" on the Freaks board to get into the WTB thread. So I don't think the Freaks board is an option.

damn, i have bad luck.

i got a shipment from luke the other day and the included knight rider KARR was missing a piece, and now i receive my HT Captain America from sideshow and the jacket has a flaw :verymad: a call and followup email with pic has been sent to sideshow and i m hoping they can help me out, i have also contacted DST about Karr but i wont hold my breathe on getting help there :confused:

Didn't know I have to wait to be "established" on the Freaks board to get into the WTB thread. So I don't think the Freaks board is an option.

What are the specific issues you are having Webhead? I'm a mod there, and may be able to help. Your first 5 posts or so may need to be approved if they have pictures or links. New restrictions were put on the WTB thread recently due to a scammer doing something or other.

I wonder if DC Direct will distribute these through Diamond again? If they do, I might be able to get them at a discount if anyone is interested. They didn't get the 89 Batman stuff, but they have distributed all the non-exclusive Nolan Batman stuff so far.

I think the first one was $300-400ish, and that was 2008 or so. Quality-wise, the first one was fine. They just packaged it so that the styrofoam left some rubs on the top of the plastic. One word of warning though--that thing is BIG. Seeing pictures it is hard to get an idea of scale.

I don't care much for the Returns characters and will probably pass on them.

Edited by karamazov80

I just emailed my Diamond rep. He should have some kind of answer for me within 48 hours.

Hot Toys also announced the Batman Returns license. Anyone here excited for Penguin or Catwoman?

Count me in. I read Michaael Crawfords review for the Keaton Batman. I can't wait to get get it now. I wonder if we will get a Arnold Mr. Freeze :)

I think the first one was $300-400ish, and that was 2008 or so. Quality-wise, the first one was fine. They just packaged it so that the styrofoam left some rubs on the top of the plastic. One word of warning though--that thing is BIG. Seeing pictures it is hard to get an idea of scale.

Thanks for the input, I'm really torn on this thing. I really want to pick one up, but with Iron Monger and everything else coming this year, I don't see how I could swing it. Still, that price is hard to beat especially knowing what they were selling at last month. :confused:

As for Batman Returns, the only figure I would pick up is Max Shreck! We need a Walken, Hot Toys! :)

I really hope we finally get a Jim Gordon figure from Hot Toys this year, is there a problem obtaining Oldman's likeness?

There were rumors about that, but who knows? Mattel seemed to be able to obtain them for their movie masters line. I think Hot Toys just didn't think it was worth their while to produce. Even a figure as interesting looking as Two-Face initially failed to sell for Hot Toys because he didn't look interesting enough! Maybe if he wore a Predator mask in the movie he would sell better. I'm a huge Walken fan, but I would totally balk at a Max Shreck. Now if Hot Toys does Johnny Smith from the Dead Zone, then we'll talk!

I just emailed my Diamond rep. He should have some kind of answer for me within 48 hours.

Hot Toys also announced the Batman Returns license. Anyone here excited for Penguin or Catwoman?

Count me in. I read Michaael Crawfords review for the Keaton Batman. I can't wait to get get it now. I wonder if we will get a Arnold Mr. Freeze :)

Even though the movie was a joke I loved Arnie. I'd be up for a MR. Freeze.

Imagine Penguin fighting Yoda...that'd be in scale lol.

I definately need a Pfeiffer Catwoman. She will look great next to my Hathaway Catwoman. I mean she's has to be coming from Hot Toys as well, right?

As for Batman Returns, the only figure I would pick up is Max Shreck! We need a Walken, Hot Toys! :)

I really hope we finally get a Jim Gordon figure from Hot Toys this year, is there a problem obtaining Oldman's likeness?

I too wouldn't mind a Max Shreck, although I would probably pick up a Devito Penguin before getting a Shreck.

Even though the movie was a joke I loved Arnie. I'd be up for a MR. Freeze.

Imagine Penguin fighting Yoda...that'd be in scale lol.

As much as I love Arnold, I don't think I could pick up anything from either of the Schumacher Bat films as I can't even sit through them anymore when they come out on TV. I always find myself trying to re-watch them only to turn them off after just a few minutes. They're that bad!

I can't wait to get mine! Is it me or his package huge?

It's not just you, it's definitely huge! :tongue: