UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have (thusfar) gone villains-only, but that Keaton Batman has me tempted... But if I buy that, I know I will have to justify Reeve Superman... and then every other hero I've passed on... This is a dangerous hobby!

Hawkeye is right, the Christopher Reeve Superman is awesome! I still can't get over how much the head sculpt looks like him.

Hot Toys Mark I 2.0 pics and specs released. Not much to justify re-upping if you have the earlier release IMO--better paint work, new sculpt (looks like a modification of the Mech Test sculpt), flame thrower and missiles:

114710wmm5n3k35yn383lw.jpg

114450dkizkzmjm3dm5dmi.jpg

114502kafvktbtbaqtbvbz.jpg

Wacky 3 inch hologram version as the exclusive accessory.

Although I'm glad to get a second chance at a few older releases, this 2.0 stuff is BS. They're cashing in, but part of the reason I pay $200 for a figure is because it is a limited run!

I don't see what the big deal is on the re-releases. None of the figures re-released so far have been 100% identical to the previous release, and I don't blame HT for wanting to get some of the secondary cash that is being thrown around for these things. They are active on the forums, so they know what is in demand and what is bringing big bucks on eBay. Plus, there has been the recent 'bootleg' issue, and HT may be able to curb that by re-releasing figures that are in demand enough to be bootlegged.

I buy the figures because I want them in my collection, the idea that the value may go up is a benefit that I didn't factor into the purchase in the first place, and can't be upset about it if that doesn't happen. My biggest problem with the Freaks board is that it seems sometimes like more people buy these because they think it is some sort of status symbol or 'sure thing' investment than because they actually enjoy having the figure in their collection.

(btw, none of those comments are directed at you, handsomedevil!) :thumbsup:

No worries, YB. I understand your point. I also buy these because I want them in my collection; however in my mind I rationalize the big expense for a "toy/piece of plastic" with the knowledge that it will hold it's initial value. 2.0 reissues (*cough*and broken PERS systems*cough*) jeopardize that value or appreciation.

That being said, why don't they do an Aliens Corporal Hicks 2.0 that actually looks like Michael Biehn? I'd buy THAT in a heartbeat!

That being said, why don't they do an Aliens Corporal Hicks 2.0 that actually looks like Michael Biehn? I'd buy THAT in a heartbeat!

Supposedly he's not keen on allowing use of his likeness (though it seems like it was obtained for a NECA/McFarlane type figure years ago). But I'm with you. I've got some of the older Aliens figures, but would happily upgrade to newer ones if they were made available.

As for the updates, for better or worse, that's HT's modus operandi at this point. So, best to just expect it with anything you buy.

Check out the Hot Toys Wolverine thread at Sideshow Freaks. Hot Toys actually posted on their facebook so that you could tell some of the differences, and it is covered in that thread somewhere.

Looks pretty good, but. . .I'm not a hardcore enough Star Wars fan to go after a figure so expensive of a guy that just sort of stands around and turns his head in one scene in Empire Strikes Back :lol:

I do own the Kubrick version, though :buttrock:

Burton Batman is a must buy, though.

Edited by karamazov80

I've got some big time BBTS loot coming in the near future...Reeves Superman, Captain America, Nicholson Joker and Keaton Batman.