UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At first, my brain read Zartan as Zardoz, probably because we just watched it last weekend:

poR0y.jpg

If you haven't seen it, it's worth seeing just for the sheer lunacy of it all. Sean Connery wears this outfit for most of the movie. There is a giant stone head that pukes shotguns. There are elderly people swordfighting while wearing tuxedos. The whole thing is just batshit insane.

I'm glad to see this line is continuing to be strong, as I'm a proud owner of all of the Sideshow Exclusive versions of the prior releases!

For a while it was touch and go with all the Cobra soldier repaints...and I've been burned by Sideshow before, isn't that right incomplete 1/6 scale LOTR "Fellowship"?

There are so many classic Joe's that Sideshow can make, and the quality of these has been getting a lot better, minus Flint's hairplugs. But honestly, who gives a $%&^ about Flint??? :whistling:

:verymad: :verymad: :verymad:

I've pre-ordered both, as well. Not the biggest Rock N Roll fan, but how bad-ass does that figure look with the bandanna? Can't believe I still haven't picked up Duke :lol: Gotta pull that trigger sooner or later. Anyone want to trade one for Minimates, let me know :D

In other news, an HT insider apparently posted on Facebook that Nicholson Joker and a new version of the Iron Man Mark I are forthcoming.

A few more pics, just for the hell of it:

DSC_0401.jpg

DSC_0431.jpg

DSC_0428.jpg

DSC_0421.jpg

DSC_0420.jpg

DSC_0393.jpg

DSC_0381.jpg

Edited by karamazov80

Not sure. The first post was that it was going to be an IM2 "Mark I diorama," but that was clarified to be an updated version of the figure. I guess a fancy base of some sort. Possibly no Stark face sculpt if it's just supposed to be the armor as it appeared on his wall (not that that would matter to most). Not sure how they could improve on the technical details of the armor, but knowing HT, I'm sure they can find something.

Edited by karamazov80

I wonder if the whole Mark I thing was a typo. That's obviously a Mark IV, though it seems like an updated Mark III using the new Mark II base body would make more sense as a new release.

Wow....I haven't been this impressed with a Star Wars product in years! The price is high ($175), but if this is any indicator of what SS has in store for the Star Wars droids, I am excited to see R2 and 3PO.

•14.5" tall

•Newly Developed and Fully Articulated IG-88 Assassin Droid with over 20+ points of articulation

•Light up eyes feature

•Fully functioning extendable legs

•Sculpted shoulder bracer

•Authentic and hand painted deco application with highly detailed weathering deco

•Fabric Bandolier with magnetic attachment capabilities

•One (1) Detailed BlasTech DLT-20A Blaster Rifle

•One (1) Detailed BlasTech E11 Blaster Rifle

•One (1) Sculpted E-11 Blaster bandolier holster

•One (1) Sculpted shoulder bracer

•Three (3) Mines

•Two (2) Instrument pins

•Deluxe Illuminated Display Base

•Sideshow Exclusive: Vibro Axe

1000291_press01-001.jpg

1000291_press02-001.jpg

100029_press01-001.jpg

100029_press02-001.jpg

100029_press03-001.jpg

100029_press04-001.jpg

100029_press05-001.jpg

100029_press06-001.jpg

100029_press07-001.jpg

100029_press08-001.jpg

Amazing! It looks like Sideshow is pushing themselves towards Hot Toys standards, both in quality and price.

It does look really amazing. Though I'm not a big fan of this guy, I will definitely be curious to see how R2 and 3PO turn out.

And Zartan is another example of Sideshow encroaching on a Hot Toys level price point, anyway. But despite their great work with robots, monsters, aliens, and masked characters, Sideshow still has a long ways to go with human head paint apps before they can compete with HT. And the Pro body is still a long long way from the Truetype (I really wish Sideshow would just strike a deal with HT and use their bodies instead of their own in-house bodies).

On a sort of related note, the HT Avatar guy was debuted last night. Will supposedly be 18" tall, and cost upwards of $300(!). I say sort of related because if true, then both Sideshow and HT are really pushing the boundaries of previous costs. If HT figures ever get to $250-300 on a consistent basis, then I'm not sure I can continue collecting.