UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

My guess is that Superman will cost close to $200, but we've yet to see all the bells and whistles, so it could be more (or less if he's very bare bones, but I doubt much less). If you live in the UK, you can pre-order from Sideshow Collectibles (which will supposedly provide a shipping discount internationally, and free shipping domestically for this figure), Big Bad Toy Store, onesixthbruce (which I think is UK based), Toys2.--edit".net"-- (which is based in Canada), Cornerstore Comics, and possibly other stores that ship abroad (I'm not really sure which do vs. which don't).

Edited by karamazov80

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is currently up for pre-order through Sideshow Collectibles website, btw (link at the bottom of the page here). Free domestic shipping for the regular version. Exclusive version comes with the Kryptonite necklace. $209.

Free shipping, though, if you get the regular. And you can pick it up from other retailers for sub-$190. This is about the same price as T-800 and the Mark VI. Soon to be the new standard for Hot Toys, methinks.

Seems a bit high, but then, yesterday I ordered 4 Minimate 2 packs from Toys R Us and it was around $40. So, relatively speaking, the price don't seem so bad. Everything's expensive nowadays, sadly.

Wow, that is gonna be special. So what accessories do we think he will come with? I assume that Fortress stand. But what else? Crystals maybe?

He only comes with a basic stand, Fortress of Solitude stand, and 3 sets of hands (fists, flying hands, and relaxed hands). Exclusive is the necklace. You can see all this on Sideshow's product listing, if interested. I figure Clark will be a stand-alone release, and will either have a smiling or angry Superman head included to sweeten the deal.

Yeah, I'll probably kick myself later for not jumping on it now, but I need to start cutting back on things like this. I'm guessing Zod will be the next announcement with a Non/Ursa exclusive sometime next year.

I really hope not, otherwise my one and only venture into this scale will not be so for long.

Yeah, I'll probably kick myself later for not jumping on it now, but I need to start cutting back on things like this. I'm guessing Zod will be the next announcement with a Non/Ursa exclusive sometime next year.

Pre-order from Sideshow or BBTS, and there's no risk. You can decide later! Better to pre-order now before the pre-orders dry up though. . .

Pre-order from Sideshow or BBTS, and there's no risk. You can decide later! Better to pre-order now before the pre-orders dry up though. . .

sideshow now charges a nonrefundable $20 deposit when you preorder.

Only if you order two or more of the Regular versions of Superman. 1 of Exclusive and/or 1 of Regular and there is no deposit.

Edited by karamazov80

Check out the Hot Toys Resident Evil Alice that Sideshow has listed now too, that looks pretty sweet, especially for a character I don't care about from a series of movies I don't care about.

She would look particularly nice next to Abigail Whistler.

And that price is more in the ballpark, $165 for all of those accessories. It's nice that a portion of the Superman figure goes to the Reeve Foundation, but I have a feeling that just means they padded the price of the figure to account for it. :confused:

Only if you order two or more of the Regular versions of Superman. 1 of Exclusive and/or 1 of Regular and there is no deposit.

I was just about to edit my comment. I did see that. That is nice of them!

On that advice I have preordered from Sideshow. There wasn't a shipping amount, will they let us know nearer the time what shipping will be?

As a bonus I signed up for their newsletter and got $10 off. So my exclusive was less than $200. Beautiful.

I just got a promotion recently, so if my girlfriend says anything about me "wasting" money, I'll say it was my treat for myself to celebrate. Then I'll hide the stack of minimates I bought this week :whistling:

As a bonus I signed up for their newsletter and got $10 off. So my exclusive was less than $200. Beautiful.

Really? Did you sign up before the checkout and then receive a coupon to use? I don't think I get their newsletter yet and I've been trying to decide if I want the exclusive or not.

On that advice I have preordered from Sideshow. There wasn't a shipping amount, will they let us know nearer the time what shipping will be?

I don't think they will unless you ask them for it. Send them an e-mail at some point. Right now, they will probably only give you a rough estimate, but they should have a better impression once Hot Toys tells Sideshow the precise weight.

Really? Did you sign up before the checkout and then receive a coupon to use? I don't think I get their newsletter yet and I've been trying to decide if I want the exclusive or not.

Yep if you sign up for the newsletter, they'll email you confirming you're on their list, then minutes later they send a "welcome" email with the code. Then just add the code at checkout.

And thanks K80 for continuing to educate this noob!

And the next HT Spider-Man figure (as they have been hinting about for a while) is the New Goblin:

246698_10150196238312344_58690437343_7309315_5316339_n.jpg

detail.jpg

detail.jpg

I know there are a lot of New Goblin haters out there, but I really liked him in SM3, and I will probably be picking this one up. Next will be black spidey, and I really hope Doc Ock comes after that. He is one of my most wanted 12" figures of all time.

Whoa, I hadn't seen this before now. A pass for me (I suppose I'm a New Goblin hater :( ), but the Franco likeness is great.

If they do a Sandman or Doc Ock, though, then I'm gonna get 'em! Sadly, I think I would have to pass on Goblin 1.0, as well. Just a bad character design IMO.

i might get it if it is a decent price. I like the way he looks without the mask and holding a sword so i might pose him like that on his board.

I am worried that the New Goblin might not sell very well, and kill this line before we get Doc Ock and Sandman.

Good point. I understand a desire to milk a line, but with HT that strategy has apparently already deprived us of Rorschach. And look where it left us with the DC Minimates (few Teen Titans, few JSA, no Legion of Superheroes, but plenty of lame variants and off-beat characters).

Ghost Rider arrived today. Cool figure, but I wish they would have given him painted flames instead of the cheap-o, translucent plastic. Nice looking when he's lit up, but I don't use the gimmicks with my figures very much.

DSCN2667.jpg

DSCN2668.jpg

DSCN2666-1.jpg