UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

It is a custom, created by great former customizer Dark Artist. That guy has fallen on hard times and has a huge back-log of customs he won't ever finish (including an Ash that I commissioned in 2008), but the stuff he did produce is fantastic. He sculpted and painted that head. It looks like Hot Toys isn't going to release Rorschach, so I decided to bite the bullet on this guy when his owner was selling.

I've also got a Routh Superman that DA painted that looks amazing, and since the finish is so similar, I suspect he might have painted the Hicks head I have, as well.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since nobody's said anything yet, Hot Toys has officially announced a Christopher Reeve Superman figure, and it appears it's going to be a DX. Too lazy to post a link... sorry. Figured somebody else would have done the leg work for me by now. :D

Yeah, and they hired on one of Enterbay's best sculptors (known for his Bruce Lee work apparently) who is going to do the head(s). Jor-El's price is gonna go way up now, I think. I hope they do Zod as well. Obviously, this is an automatic buy for anyone old enough to be nostalgic for the old movies that collects these things.

I might buy multiples :wacko:

I can't wait to see pics. It's going to be crazy. I was prepared to buy the matty Superman when it comes out, but that thing is nothing more than an afterthought now. I would also like to see Zod, and a Luthor would be welcome to me as well.

You decide to sell that Ric Flair dvd you pm me.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Here's what I got in lieu of Firefly:

SDC12313.jpg

Anybody who wants a Hot Toys 2-Face, here is your chance:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001M4SJ9...;pf_rd_i=507846

Unbeatable price. Others are picking it up just for the body/suit to go with the Obama head. I would do that if I wasn't spending money out the wazoo on other things.

To Webhead's post, if you are serious, that DVD isn't very expensive. And it is quite good (I think it is 3 DVDs, actually).

Edited by karamazov80

I missed the boat on Captain Jack. I sure hope HT makes another one when the next movie comes out. IN the meantime, my DX Batman with custom cape and neck mod will whips your Jack Sparrow.

Hey K80, why are your pictures so much bigger than mine? Compensating for something? :D

post-50-1283915467_thumb.jpg

It is, and I agree 100%. I spent a total of $32 on the neck mod from Commtech and lforigno's cape. Considering that I only paid $165 for my DX (from our very own Luke!) I've still invested less than the people who are just now picking this figure up. If only the suit weren't so restrictive...

Yeah. Apart from his head, that's basically a 1/6th scale statue. I'm not a fan of the rubber suits and wish Hot Toys would just do away with them altogether. They can surely use another, less restrictive material that looks good. If I wanted a toy that I couldn't pose, I would just go with a statue. I fear the Captain America figure will have a rubber suit :(

I must admit, I threw in the towel on the HT Preds. I still have an order in for the Berzerker, but I sold or traded off all my HT Preds but the P1. HT is too rich for my blood with the new Koto and Sideshow Hulk stuff coming out. I just can't afford both and Hulk always wins with me.