UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sucks K80. Unfortunately, it seems unscrupulous folks are offloading their first batch DX Bats on Ebay. Be careful buying there.

That actually sucks really bad.

Something you could do... if you had no morals... order one from DCD and return the bad one to them. :/

No, I won't go that route :D However, I feel Hot Toys should make right by allowing me a replacement. We shall see. Though I'm above "dirty tricks" to get a suit in good condition, I am not above spamming the ____ out of their Facebook page if they want to give me the run-around :)

Edited by karamazov80

I have to admit, I was very excited to see that. The outfit would be gorgeous! Possibly they would be able to do Altair too? It's certainly tempting me but I don't think it would be wise to get one to play with!

Wooo! is right! How many 1/6 scale do you have now? How about a shot of the whole collection? As if that wasn't enough questions, here's a few more...

Where is the best place to buy the Hot Toys True Type body? I know there are a few different builds/versions, so is there a resource to determine which body originally came with each figure?

The Jack Torrance figure. I was looking on eBay and saw a few "The Screaming" figures instead of "The Shining". What's the story on that?

I honestly don't know how many I have (a bunch are in storage in preparation for a move), but probably less than you think. I frequently sell off older figures in order to pay for newer ones. Regarding the TrueTypes, a new run was just released of narrow shoulder and "advanced" (muscular) bodies. You can still pre-order them from some online stores. The best place to buy older bodies is eBay, since these don't stay in stock too long. I want to pick up that Obama at some point.

That Jack Torrance figure was discussed earlier in this thread. It is unlicensed, hence "the Screaming," but it has a fantastic head sculpt (actually, 2 of them), and decent quality clothing (apart from the large buttons on his shirt).

I'll try to get a newer picture of my collection up later.

--edit: Hot Toys just agreed to replace my defective DX body! :banana:

Edited by karamazov80

NICE!!! Congrats on a well-deserved victory!

Thanks! Though I don't know if I deserved it or not, I do feel that Hot Toys is doing the right thing for its customers.

Here is my other 1/6 scale display. Both my displays are on shelves above Minimates :)

SDC11993.jpg

I plan on getting some fancy glass cases in the near future. These crappy old bookshelves just aren't doing the job. These guys also need to be re-organized.

I'm pretty satisfied with what I have for now, ever since I got my Leonidas. However, the SSC 501st Clone will be out soon and I still haven't gotten the black pauldron Sandtrooper yet.

Also, I really wish there were a decent 1/6th Alien(s) figure out there.

I'm pretty satisfied with what I have for now, ever since I got my Leonidas. However, the SSC 501st Clone will be out soon and I still haven't gotten the black pauldron Sandtrooper yet.

Also, I really wish there were a decent 1/6th Alien(s) figure out there.

Hot Toys did a few Alien Warriors. Some of them have issues with the ankle joints though.

And Medicom did a Warrior from Alien.

Hot Toys did a few Alien Warriors. Some of them have issues with the ankle joints though.

And Medicom did a Warrior from Alien.

Yeah, I know but the HT Alien Warriors are horrible with the bad joints and rubber decomposing/tearing. The HT "Big Chap" is hardly recognizeable as the original Alien IMO. Medicom's Alien is a midget (but sculpted quite well). I sound like a whiney biotch.

But people are supposed to expect excellence with Hot Toys. That's the whole point. If you want an inferior product, you can go with NECA. But HT seems to constantly drop the ball with the aliens. From what I've seen, the AVP Aliens might be the best, but they are from a super-crappy movie and have some pretty major design differences from the Aliens from the two good films (Alien and Aliens). Medicom's looks good, but as Shanester says, is like a pre-teen dressed up like an Alien for Halloween.

So my Hot Toys Two-face, that i absolutely love, decided i needed a little surprise. I went to go change from Harvey back to Two-face, and it was literally just standing on the HTStand for about a month looking menacing. When i picked it up, the shin part of the leg just fell right out the pants!! :( i haven't touched it in months, and certainly never moved the legs because i wanted him standing with the stand, so HOW did that happen. :(

He can still look okay in a vanilla pose...but it's bothering so much knowing he's broken...

My Two-Face did the exact same thing. It was the right leg. I have read that there were some truetype bodies with defective right legs. Looks like we both got one. :(

Sucked having to spend another $35 for a replacement body.

My Two-Face did the exact same thing. It was the right leg. I have read that there were some truetype bodies with defective right legs. Looks like we both got one. :(

Sucked having to spend another $35 for a replacement body.

Well that's the confusing part...Harv's socks and shoes are attached to the legs...so how exactly does HT replace that?? :blink: