UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimates rarity list?

hulk197

Is there a thread already started or some kind of list that tells us the rarity / scarcity of different minimates? If not, maybe a scale of 1 - 10 would be helpful for this. Just curious, any info is appreciated.

On a scale of 10 ......10.......... lists that tell us the rarity/scarcity of different minimates are rare. :huh:

The mysterious Kingpin variant with Reed Richards' face and "shocking" white hair is fairly common on eBay, but was never available, to my knowledge, at retail. . .

I have one of the rare Martian Manhunters with backwards-jointed left arm.

The mysterious Kingpin variant with Reed Richards' face and "shocking" white hair is fairly common on eBay, but was never available, to my knowledge, at retail. . .

That one's not a variant, but a factory defect rather.

A 1-10 list? Hmm. Well, I'm not sure you could count the promos (santa spidey, elf cylon) as they were never available to every one. And you REALLY can't count Gold, Silver and Bomber mates. So Variant packs only. 10 being hardest to get, 1 being easiest. Going by rarest and not by most value.

10. X3 Dark Pheonix.

9. Black Spidey.

8. Invisible Woman

7. Stealth Ironman

6. JJJ

5. Black Elektra

4. Julia Carpenter Spiderwoman

3. Frosted Iceman

2. Unmasked Dr. Doom

1. Bearded Thor (Thunderstrike)

Continuing on in descending order

Unmasked Daredevil

Unmasked Cyclops

Emma Frost

BD Sentry

DOFP Wolvy

SM3 MJ

Transformation Venom

The last two are so low because you can still actually get them in the stores. Once they're no longer out there, I'm laying odds that they'll shoot up the list. At least above Sentry and DOFP Wolvy. Nobody seems to like those two.

lol, my ceo tony stark from the box set came with a backwards jointed right arm, unintentional variant ftw :P.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess my original thoughts when posting this was to generate a list of different minimates and assign a value to them based on scarcity. For example on a scale of, I dunno, 1 - 50, where one is very common and 50 is extremely rare like prototypes and extremely limited pieces. Maybe that range is too large, I don't know. But we would say that Bullseye is a 15 (for argument's sake) because it's pretty old. I would think that a smaller range would be better maybe 1-10 or 1-20.

It was just out of curiosity to see what people felt about different figures and I'm sure some interesting discussions / debates would happen!

I guess my original thoughts when posting this was to generate a list of different minimates and assign a value to them based on scarcity. For example on a scale of, I dunno, 1 - 50, where one is very common and 50 is extremely rare like prototypes and extremely limited pieces. Maybe that range is too large, I don't know. But we would say that Bullseye is a 15 (for argument's sake) because it's pretty old. I would think that a smaller range would be better maybe 1-10 or 1-20.

It was just out of curiosity to see what people felt about different figures and I'm sure some interesting discussions / debates would happen!

Prototypes and test shots are more rare than anything you're going to find at retail.

X3 Phoenix would be next on the list as most scarce IMO

It seems like all the Wave 2 Spiderman 'Mates (that includes Carnage, Venom, and Black Spidey) are pretty rare. I'd also have to go with the Giant-Size X-Men box set as being a rarity/scarcity.

I, at least, can't seem to find any of these...

Edited by Dr. Gloom

Some have speculated that the X3 wave is more scarce than others. Not really sure why this belief is held, though. . .pretty crappy variant IMO, but she goes for a fair price. I've never seen a Soapmate in soap on EBay.

Riot Spidey is common on EBay, because no one wants his lame ass. Actually, if you want to know what the most "undesirable" Minimates are, look no further than the "trade it forward" thread here. You will see some trends there :)

Some have speculated that the X3 wave is more scarce than others. Not really sure why this belief is held, though. . .pretty crappy variant IMO, but she goes for a fair price. I've never seen a Soapmate in soap on EBay.

Riot Spidey is common on EBay, because no one wants his lame ass. Actually, if you want to know what the most "undesirable" Minimates are, look no further than the "trade it forward" thread here. You will see some trends there :)

I laughed so hard when someone passed around five of him XD

lol, my ceo tony stark from the box set came with a backwards jointed right arm, unintentional variant ftw :P.

My (2nd) Avengers #1 Iron Man came with two left fleshie arms; is it just me or is this all too common...? :mellow:

I laughed so hard when someone passed around five of him XD

:sweat: , I wonder who that was.

I would say the X3 wave is the rarest wave based on what I have seen for sale on ebay during the last 2 years. It rarely appears in the flea-market here & on the side of the factory-cases it says how many cases were produced,not as many as most others. None of these facts are incontrovertible but I personally know of nothing rarer,I perhaps am blinded by her rarity rather than her looks. Soapmate as Karamazov says is 'rocking-horse shit' as is Shopko Spider-Man , although 'in the day' neither ,apparently, were hard to get hold of.

'Numbers produced' are rarely mentioned here & threads like these always drift away..... unfortunately ..... suspiciously?