UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate Week 2008 Contest - CLUE 1

Shanester

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For series 25 I have been torn between a Spidey villains wave and an army builder wave, like Timbo suggested. I figured series 24 was already a Spidey wave, so I went with the army builder wave. I can't wait to hear tomorrow's clues!

My gut is telling me that it will be neither, and so I actually went with something not even discussed here. . .I actually picked the same character for one of my picks on both wave predictions, with both variants coming from that same character. Part wishful thinking, part trying to step outside the box and put myself in the shoes of the people who would pick a wave with Cloak and Dagger and Spymaster. I will probably not get any points for this contest :( Surely Santa Claus will bring me those movie-mates, though :)

Edited by karamazov80

after consluting the marvel encyclopedia i have figured it out:

Damn! Should have waited a while to see if someone would. Oh, well, at least I'll get 210 points by sending them this list for the last 3 days ;)

BTW, Vindicator would rock something fierce! C'mon Alpha Flight box set!

The Wrecking Crew would be perfect, but I don't think they will come up with them. I guess, they pick some folks that appear in some actual storylines. I don't think that it will be an Army builder wave neither, even if it's pretty cool. Maybe it's the guts. (Maybe the ycorrespond with karamazov's... Well, hope not...) Maybe the new Thunderbolts. I'm not really into them, but what's up with this Ex-Speedball Now-Penance guy. Is he to choose a side? I don't know. I think that Worldwar Hulk or the actual Thor might be coming up as well, but I haven't read anything from those stories, so I can't even put up a line. So I stick to the Death of Captain America and the aftermath of that event. Many villains.

Since Spidey is up in Wave 23 (or 24?), I don't think, they come up with another series. I mean right now. They will come up with about onehunderd new spidey waves, but not right now. Which brings me up to the Wolverine movie. It would fit pretty well to the Hulk and Iron Man movies, BUT, maybe, since the Wolverine movie isn't one of those Marvel Studios productions, it might be worng.

All in all: Aaargh! :confused:

Edited by Bob Harris

Fwoosh has posted Day 2 clues for Wave 25. And they make my guesses yesterday so wrong....

http://www.thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=54313

It wiped out most of my guesses too. Is there a list anywhere of all the gamma powered marvel people? I can think of six off the top of my head...

They've done a lot of gamma-powered characters already - the Leader, the Abomination, She-Hulk, multiple version of the Hulk...

Well, my list had Cap, Red Skull and Green Goblin on there, so if they consider any of those to be top rivalry, I got part of it.

I forget who suggested it, but I'm starting to think Red Hulk Vs Hulk. As far as I know they've never met. Hulk killed Wolvy in the Ult Universe by ripping him in two. I suppose you might consider Hulk an army builder...

Unless they're not referring to the same 2 characters. 2 are rivals. 2 are gamma powered. 2 tried to kill Wolvy. 1 is an army builder. That adds up to 7.

Hmm...

Hmmm... Wrecking Crew. Good idea, but who knows the wrecking crew and is new and has not chosen sides? I don't think there is anyone. I personally believe that MM's clue could be an Ultimate something wave. I'll just combine random Ultimate characters until something comes up. Though Wolverine movie makes the most sense.

Ult. Hawkeye/ Ult. Cap

Ult. IM/ Ult. Thor

Ult. Magneto/ Ult. umm... A Mercenary. Ouch, I don't know. Maybe its someone from the upcoming Ultimatum Saga. I'm out myself.

Ult Deadpool?

For that matter, couldn't it be an Ult Spidey wave?

Ult Shadowcat/Ult MJ

Ult Spiderwoman/Ult Black Cat

Ult Silver Sable/Ult Deadpool?

Ult Iceman.

Or Colossus, the only one from promo art that we have yet to get.

Heh. I just realized that all most all of mine are girls. :P

Ultimate Deadpool was not a Merc, he was a Mutant hunter. Sable could work here though as the Merc, she is one. And if thy do a villain in Ultimate Spidey wave, there is about a snowball's chance in hell it's Deadpool. If it is an Ultimate Spidey wave, this would be my guess:

Ult. Spidey/Ult. MJ

Ult. Green Goblin/Ultimate Hobgoblin (Who is not a villain, but just under some sort of mental stress. That is, until he DIED)

Ult. Gwen Stacy/Ult. Sable

And Varient: Carnage for Stacy

But this is just hypothetical as the new clue reveals this as impossible.