• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Update 07/23/09:

Case Study: Mr. Monster

You will also notice a few other changes to the site, mostly in the graphics. I am giving the whole site a makeover to coincide with another project I am working on. :)

Great article Luke. Every time I look at your stuff it gets me excited about customs. I think for a second about getting back in the game then realize no way that I have the time anymore.

Keep up the awesome work!!!

great job luke, that's a very interesting hero!!, and the packaging is a nice touch!

I also would like to thank you for that awesome photoshop tutorial you made, I learned soo much. I've been photoshopping like crazy. Perhaps soon I can showcase some of the customs I'm working on.

• 2 weeks later...
Awesome, thanks for the tutorial! Would you also recommend modeling clay so you can bake it to harden?

The problem with using a lot of modeling clays for minimate use is that you can't get it thin enough to blend in with existing minimate pieces. But I don't think this is as much of a problem with hair, since you aren't blending anything. It is meant to look like a separate piece from the head. So yes, you should be fine using other modeling clays. I have had good results with Super Sculpey.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Ill see if I can find this out for you, I have some stuff printed off at my girlfriends for my 05, it may be the same... if not I can see if I can look up the 04s at the father in laws shop and get back to you... if you still need it.

Sure you didn't post this in the wrong section? :)