UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Q&A stuff from AA's site

Reideen1313

If you put it to a petition, i'll sign it. I'd be VERY happy just to get the main monsters in one box-set.

I didn't think i'd be interested in these, but the Bride of Frankenstein really pulled me in. So - count me in.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posting this here, in case anybody isn't checking the Universal Monsters thread:

With the sad news about "less than 50% chance" of more Universal Monsters in the most recent Q & A, I'm wondering:

Would anybody else want to get together an "Ask DST" letter writing campaign, asking that we get one, final 4-pack of monsters with a Chaney, Sr. Phantom of the Opera, Metaluna Mutant, Mole Man and Invisible Man? Anybody at all? I don't know if it could be a con exclusive or TRU or even Luke's Toy Store (if he could do it)... just something to help those of us who love this line get a proper send off? Anybody?

replace Mole Man with Mr.Hyde and I’d be in for trying

If you mean the famous version played by Fredric March... it's never been owned by Universal. Currently Warner Brothers has the rights. Thus, not included in this set. Universal didn't get into the game with Robert Louis Stevenson's character until 1953's "Abbott and Costello Meet Jekyll and Mister Hyde".

And my idea wasn't for a petition, really, but more of a "Hey, everybody go to ASK DST on the website if we can get one last set" kind of a thing. Does that make sense? And if DST post the requests on their Q&A's, perhaps get others to want to see them made too?

Edited by Mystery Man

If you mean the famous version played by Fredric March... it's never been owned by Universal. Currently Warner Brothers has the rights. Thus, not included in this set. Universal didn't get into the game with Robert Louis Stevenson's character until 1953's "Abbott and Costello Meet Jekyll and Mister Hyde".

And my idea wasn't for a petition, really, but more of a "Hey, everybody go to ASK DST on the website if we can get one last set" kind of a thing. Does that make sense? And if DST post the requests on their Q&A's, perhaps get others to want to see them made too?

no I meant the A&CMJ&H version, he has a pig nose and could come with a Boris Karloff head.

Look, I don’t know who MoleMan is and I like ALL versions of Jekyll and Hyde... that’s the four pack I’m asking for when I write to DST, so either take it or don't

I honestly think that if we'd released the six UM four-packs and the three black-and-white two-packs spread out throughout each year, nobody would have said anything about the number of releases. Grouping them all together each fall may make it seem like we could do more, but TRU's seasonal interest made this line possible. Remember, they've carried UM toys before, with mixed success, and I don't think specialty alone would have carried it.

And MM, we actually are making a 7-inch Jekyll and Hyde from A&CMJ&H next year, so Baghead's suggestion is not without merit. (And no, they are not licensing A&C, we asked.)

Hope we do more, but Chuck has a solid grasp on how the lines are performing and likely will perform, so I'm sure his decision will be a fully informed one.

Yes! A Karloff-Hyde would be absolutely great as well! And Zach, that's GREAT news about a 7-inch Jekyll/Hyde!

As much as I'd like to see a Mole Man made, I'd be willing to let him go if it got me a Karloff Hyde. I sometimes forget that just because people are fans of some of the Universal Monsters movies doesn't always translate to them having an appreciation for them all.

Honestly, I'd be thankful for ANY more monsters we got.

Edited by Mystery Man

To produce any Monster under the Universal Monsters umbrella, it needs to be a specific film version of that monster. I believe there are other Universal Hydes, but Karloff happened to play him in the A&C movie, and we happen to have his likeness rights. Not that that affects Minimates.

• 2 weeks later...

New Q&A posted here!

- Even though Chuck said to not give up hope, it doesn't look good for Universal Monsters Series 4. Only 2 questions were posted about it too, so much for our grassroots campaign! :confused:

- Chuck nails the lid shut on Street Fighter X Tekken.

- Chuck reiterates that any child Minimates will be 2"

- The Governor is in the works, and WD Series 3 and 4 are planned and designed.

- Thundercats will likely continue past the 4 announced boxsets.

- Dinobot and Digger share the same desire for Marvel Mangaverse Minimates! :tongue:

- Chuck doesn't think Spidey is a contender for a "Through the Ages" set since he finds his way into so many lines as is.

Edited by youbastards

New Q&A posted here!

- Dinobot and Digger share the same desire for Marvel Mangaverse Minimates! :tongue:

Yes... Yes... It's working. My plan is slowly coming to fruition. Soon, my beauties. SOON!

Although I'm lumped in with Digger. Ew.

I can't believe there's someone who thinks DST hasn't made enough Spidey villains....:rolleyes:

(Yes, I realize that he could be a new collector and unable to track down some of the older ones, but still...:rolleyes:).

I NEED MOAR!

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

I really hope some of those BEST OF wave ideas pan out, I need a new Doc Ock, I can't put wave 4's with all the updated mates :confused:

Yes you can, mine still works. You could always pick up the Friend and Foes version.

This. Doc Ock has been updated you just need to find him. and that set was readily available all over the place because people didn't like the bad tampos on spidey and the dead chest on black kitty cat.

I'm aware of all the sets that have came out, I just don't want to pay menageries price so I won't have him, or Vulture, or Black Cat. Webhead I don't think that's the case, but I don't mind being wrong.

I read a little 'irony' in Webhead's post.....whatever the QC was that set sold well .

yeah just a tad lol. But really though I remember people complaining on the boards here alot about it. I for whatever faults those 2 figures had the others were superb. There was a time when they were readily available on ebay for very cheap. those days are long gone now...

- Chuck doesn't think Spidey is a contender for a "Through the Ages" set since he finds his way into so many lines as is.

Wow - this is effing excellent news. Spidey is a good way for DST to sell b-listers and villains. This gives me hope that DST knows Spider-Man will carry a 2-pack while still being able to add diversity to the minimate universe by packing in a character that wont sell on it's own (see: Jean DeWolff).