UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate Hunt 2008 banter thread.

TBT!

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SWEEEEET :D !! I can't believe I placed in the 3rd-6th range, that's awesome!!! And I honestly don't have any clue what I would have done with the banner, so a HUGE congrats to Resurrection Bob and Max Carnage !! Awesome job everyone. And a HUGE thanks to TBT and crew for all their hard work and time and to DST for the prizes, another kick ass contest! ... now to check out the pics.

BS

Edited by blacksun1520

how come i'm not in the album?

Urgh!!! I forgot I needed to post a link to yours, you were "special" because you send images hosted online rather than attached to email as requested and therefore a real pain to add them to the library.

It did not affect your entry in the contest and the images were judged in exactly the same way as everyone elses.

Link to Punishers entries:

http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t292/punisher_94/hunt2/

T.

how come i'm not in the album?

Urgh!!! I forgot I needed to post a link to yours, you were "special" because you send images hosted online rather than attached to email as requested and therefore a real pain to add them to the library.

It did not affect your entry in the contest and the images were judged in exactly the same way as everyone elses.

Link to Punishers entries:

http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t292/punisher_94/hunt2/

T.

oh..... ummm.....i didnt know :blush:

sorry T.

Are you serious?! Or is this another "except Twisted 2-face" joke? :(:(

No joke, I wasn't going to mention it but you did ask.

T.

That is really, really upsetting :sad:

I had fun and thought i did kinda good...Oh well, the bright side is that i'll do so much better in '09!

Hey, i should be smiling right now. It was my first contest, so i can handle this. 17th ain't so bad when you still get a prize. :)

Hey, i should be smiling right now. It was my first contest, so i can handle this. 17th ain't so bad when you still get a prize. :)

That's the spirit, someone always has to be last, think of yourself as the 17th best not the worst ;) - there are others that didn't even enter so you did better than those right?

Now you can see why I didn't post the complete listing of positions.

T.

That's the spirit, someone always has to be last, think of yourself as the 17th best not the worst ;) - there are others that didn't even enter so you did better than those right?

Now you can see why I didn't post the complete listing of positions.

T.

Fine by me. And you're perfectly right; 17th best is alot better than 17th worst!

So, the prizes will be shipped in a few weeks, eh?

Holy hell! I'm back, and it was amazing! I'm sorry, but you certainly missed out. I got about 60$ in minimates, it was insane. They actually had the Invaders set for 10 dollars, as well as Marvel Zombies, and BSG Razor.

Aside from those three sets one booth had buy three two packs for ten dollars ,so I got:

Exclusives: Marvel Zombies Black Panther and Iron Man, Marvel Zombies Daredevil and Giant Man

Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver

All of wave 20

Star Trek Gorn

and then a DC Lobo and Ambush Bug.

There were some great deals down there, and I hit it early so I found some good stuff. They still might have something tomorrow, but most of the good stuff might be gone. I was hoping they would've had an Iron Man through the Ages, but The Invaders was good enough. I was happy. If you do go, look around a bit, some people have better deals than others, most places were trying to get rid of the Invaders et for 17-20 dollars.

Nice find.

Wow, big thanks to TBT and the judges!

I'm totally gonna go through everybody's pictures and see what you all did. I skimmed through earlier and really liked a Q-Bert one I saw. Now that the contest's over, I wanna hear everybody's stories of stuff that happened while they were taking pictures. For example, my mate actually broke while we were taking the "cute girl" one (his lower leg fell off), so I used that lower body in the "eaten by another toy" picture and stuck the severed leg in my werewolf toy's mouth.

Congrats to everybody!

Opps yeah I forgot... if you want to post those somewhere on the internet links please do.

( esp Bob Harris, who's utube vid was my fave in this catagory)

The sad part is that because I organise these I never get to playalong... Perhaps sometime before next year, just for fun I'll get you guys to set me a bunch of challenges to photograph ;)

T.