UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Universe 3.75" Figures

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a shame she's so hard to come by. apart from looking great on her own, i'd really like to try her hair on Psylocke and see if it's a better match than what she's getting released with.

It's a shame she's so hard to come by. apart from looking great on her own, i'd really like to try her hair on Psylocke and see if it's a better match than what she's getting released with.

I think everyone's upset that Psylocke didn't get a new head sculpt. I wanted Storm to have a new one as well. Unfortunately, I can't pass up two X-women... It'll be a while before we get anymore!

It disappoints me that Storm is getting a re-release so soon after the GSXM set. Psylocke and Patriot are the only ones out of that wave I'm interested in and Patriot will just makes me want the other Young Avengers. I'm hoping for a Stature giant sized figure in next years releases and maybe a YA three pack to go with it.

I can hope, can't I?

I can hope, can't I?

Sure you can . . . you can be disappointed too.

Young Avengers looks like a great team. Marvel just doesn't seem to wanna push them so much. I'd buy them because i love some of the designs, but i guess they might not sell as well to non-collector type folks.

I think everyone's upset that Psylocke didn't get a new head sculpt. I wanted Storm to have a new one as well. Unfortunately, I can't pass up two X-women... It'll be a while before we get anymore!

I know a lot of people will probably not agree with me, but I really hope they have am X-Force variant for her.

• 2 weeks later...

I got some of Wave 17 in the mail today.

Psylocke is definitely a lot more Greg Land and a lot less Jim Lee, unfortunately, but I'm still glad to have her fill out my X-Men team a little more. Patriot looks good. I still needed to tweak my Storm and add a red jewel on her cape and heels to make her a little more comics-accurate, but I'm so glad you can finally move her arms. Here are some pics.

post-2001-0-17138100-1324436039_thumb.jppost-2001-0-41901400-1324436058_thumb.jp

post-2001-0-26312800-1324436074_thumb.jppost-2001-0-05207200-1324436101_thumb.jp

Nice pics. I really can't wait for mine to come now. All I got inthe mail today was a second MU Sentinel. Yes, I have two even though I planned on getting zero (and already have the ML one also). It's just gets harder and harder to say no to stuff like this when you know you have kids that'll love playing with your toys. :sigh:

Mods forgive me, but I have an extra MU Ultron on my hands. Santa found someone clearancing the Richards/Ultron SW pack, thus rendering the green glow one I'd found redundant. Would be happy to trade him to someone who can give him a good home. PM if interested.

Since I'm not finding my camera, I thought I'd throw out some things about the two new packs. First, Adam Warlock's Infinity Gauntlet is just a half glove that fits over the front of his arm/hand. I'm pretty pleased with that since I'd rather not have him gloved. Otherwise, he's a pretty good looking figure. So is Thanos. I know he's just a repaint, but the gold instead of yellow is a nice touch and I like him better than the first one. As to the Gambit/Sinister pack, Sinister is huge. I'm pretty sure they used a Colossus body for him and it's a little weird. His cape, though, is amazing (and massive). It's got an extra layer on it to really give it the right affect. And as far as I'm concerned, Gambie is perfect. He comes with his staff and the character is captured quite well. Overall, they're all very solid releases and I hope they make it to store shelves because I know they'd help the comic line sell better.

Is Gambit the same figure that was released as part of the Wolverine:Origins line? I have that figure, but I've never been a big fan of it, so I'd be willing to replace it. I really dislike having to buy a repaint for a new figure, but I'll do it for Warlock, even if I'd prefer him looking like this:

warlock2.jpg

Wow - they look great together. I hope we get a Polaris and a Rogue somewhere down the line to add in. The X-Men need some green.

Great set up. What is it they're standing on?

EDIT: and Banshee ;)

Edited by Nessex

Nessex, that stand was the centerpiece of an old Star Wars board game that came with a video cassette tape sometime in the early 90's. I was shocked that I found it in my closet. The actual game was thrown out long ago.

Oh & I agree we need some green-clad X-Men...All 3 of those mentioned!

Edited by Chazwinski

Last night I was at a Target checking out their clearance and came across the newest wave of MU. I have to admit, I wasn't planning on getting the Shadowland DD or white Iron Fist, but if I see them again I might pul the trigger. And I'm really unimpressed with Pysolcke. She looks okay, but it's a very generic version of her. And seeing her next to Daredevil, I had to wonder why they went with her in the wave instead of Elektra. Other than the hair, it could have been an easy switch to do that.

Wave 17 would have been good if Hasbro would have used the new buck bodies. There's no reason why Shadowland DD couldn't have just been on the Cyclops buck -- the same buck they used for comic pack DD that was released before wave 17 (which seems have come and gone in seconds). Iron Fist would have looked much better on it as well.

And I wish they would have waited to do Psylocke on the 2012 female buck that Scarlet Witch will use.

Edited by Punisher

And I wish they would have waited to do Psylocke on the 2012 female buck that Scarlet Witch will use.

I could have been perfectly happy with Psylocke using the current body, if they had made some attempt at making her look Japanese & had not recycled the hair piece. She's come out looking a bit too much like a straight repaint of dark phoenix.