UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Universe 3.75" Figures

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The TRU exclusive one on that base thingy? Those things piss me off. No new tooling (heck all of those bucks have been re-used to hell already) and a base that looks pointless if you don't have them all for more than double the price.

I don't even bother with those.

I never bought one until now. Love Black Widow, hate the one we had before this, therefore modern was a must. Prices are absolutely terrible and since Hawkeye was cancelled i don't need to buy any more, but i don't mind paying it for her. Likely the only modern widow we're going to get for a while, besides ScarJo.

Went to my local DS today and they had an old wave put out on the pegs. I picked up Cable and Cyclops, they had Gladiator, Apocolypse, Spiderman 2099, Spider Woman, Namor,etc.. It was nice to see them since they hadn't had any for awhile.

I just found one set of the Thanos/Adam Warlock set and Sinister /Gambit ,sweet!!

I haven't been able to find either of them.

I was never able to find Karla Sofen.

Same, such a shame, i loved her run in Ms. Marvel and Dark Avengers. She's the only Dark Avenger i don't have (besides Ares and Noh, obviously.)

And she sells for over $40 on Amazon. :(

She can;t be too hard a custom, though - right?

I'm not a customizer, so maybe i'm making it sound too easy, but if you took the head from a Modern Ms Marvel & put it on the body of a Classic Ms Marvel, you could probably cobble together something that looks fairly close to the real thing?

Before they made the official one, I kitbashed one together that was passable. To me, it was fine, but I still ended up picking one up when I found it on the shelves.

I love this line and I hope it continues for awhile, but if I hadn't started at the beginning I don't think I'd be collecting them. I guess I knew at the start that the line would take off and made sure I got one of every character whenever I saw them (I mostly don't do different costumes). I'm very thankful I did and it was really worth the effort.

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely. There's a lot of them hanging around. I don't know if they overstocked on this wave, or it's just not very popular, but I'm seeing a lot of those figures everywhere. We really need a new wave.:confused:

Also, I saw the new Spider-Man figures last night. I haven't kept up with them, but it looks like they've rebranded the basic Spidey line and mixed in movie and comic figures. Hopefully, they'll release the Shocker on the new card so that I can finally find one.

Yup. It's been like that for months. They picked a really bad wave to have pegwarm. It's even more of a shame because of how shoddily made they all are. If Iron Fist was on the Cyclops body like he should be, i'd buy him. If Thor was more than a Samson head, i'd buy him. Patriot and Daredevil were just bad choices, Storm should have been the Scarlet Witch buck, and, well, i bought Psylocke, but that's because i like the Dark Phoenix mold.

Speaking of, if they're gonna use that mold, why not just make a freaking Phoenix?!?! Sigh, someone wake me up when the next wave hits.

Still waiting to find the rest of the Avengers figures though. Widow and Hawkeye look fantastic.

Yup. It's been like that for months. They picked a really bad wave to have pegwarm. It's even more of a shame because of how shoddily made they all are. If Iron Fist was on the Cyclops body like he should be, i'd buy him. If Thor was more than a Samson head, i'd buy him. Patriot and Daredevil were just bad choices, Storm should have been the Scarlet Witch buck, and, well, i bought Psylocke, but that's because i like the Dark Phoenix mold.

Speaking of, if they're gonna use that mold, why not just make a freaking Phoenix?!?! Sigh, someone wake me up when the next wave hits.

Still waiting to find the rest of the Avengers figures though. Widow and Hawkeye look fantastic.

I like the Patriot release are you referring to poor paint apps or just the choice? I'm a big Young Avengers Mark

I like the Patriot release are you referring to poor paint apps or just the choice? I'm a big Young Avengers Mark

Bad choices for an already poor wave. They needed some really stellar figures/characters to back up the heavy reuse.

Definitely. There's a lot of them hanging around. I don't know if they overstocked on this wave, or it's just not very popular, but I'm seeing a lot of those figures everywhere. We really need a new wave.:confused:

Also, I saw the new Spider-Man figures last night. I haven't kept up with them, but it looks like they've rebranded the basic Spidey line and mixed in movie and comic figures. Hopefully, they'll release the Shocker on the new card so that I can finally find one.

There's a Shocker out? I finally found Lizard. Is there a Mysterio, Kraven, or Scorpion out yet?

Scorpion's not a bad figure. I'd have preferred a more classic look, but I'll take what I can get.

I didn't think Shocker had even shipped to the States; last I'd heard (which was a while ago, admittedly) he was basically a Canadian exclusive. He looks like a nice figure, except that his vibro-shock blasters are big and detachable. Stupid fun factor!:verymad:

BTW, I love your new sig line, Pun.:thumbsup:

Maybe the wait for the next wave won't be as long as we thought. An eBay seller from New York has Blastaar, Jubilee, and Prof X for sale.

I'm disappointed with X. He reuses the SDCC Destro suit, but poorly. The head doesn't even fit.

Curiously, the cardart on the back for the "Collect them All!!" is...Disco Dazzler. Odd.