UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Universe 3.75" Figures

nice - are the sculpted/raised eyes on spidey new?

I'm looking forward to the Quicksilver/Wonderman pack. If these are anything to go buy, it should be a decent set.

Nessex, I think the raised eyes are new, but I'm not sure. The only other Spidey in the classic costume that I have is this one, which as you can see, isn't as cleanly done and inferior to the new one

post-2001-0-97404100-1317691756_thumb.jp

... and I agree. The Wonder Man/Quicksilver pack is far more important to me as I already had versions of the previous 4 characters. I can't wait for that set to come out (along with She-hulk & Scarlet Witch next year). I want the complete Avengers team and these are going to fill in some serious gaps!

Edited by Chazwinski

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iron Fist is one of my all-time favorites, so I'll definitely be picking that one up. Captain Britain's also a fave, but I've never liked that costume; that said, the figure looks sharp (as does Spidey), and I just think it's cool that they've made him. I feel like I say this every few pages in this thread, but DST take note: this is how you fully exploit the Marvel Universe.

I can't wait for that set to come out (along with She-hulk & Scarlet Witch next year). I want the complete Avengers team and these are going to fill in some serious gaps!

Wait . . .WHAT??? Is that SERIOUSLY going to be a 2-pack??? She-Hulk & Scarlet With????

Hmmm... that makes for a new comics showdown quandry... Who would win- Compound Hulk or Composite Superman?

I can't wait for that set to come out (along with She-hulk & Scarlet Witch next year). I want the complete Avengers team and these are going to fill in some serious gaps!

Wait . . .WHAT??? Is that SERIOUSLY going to be a 2-pack??? She-Hulk & Scarlet With????

They're actually single packed in wave 2 of next year (according to SDCC coverage).

And Composite Batman/Superman from that JLU episode would win against Composite Hulk since they also had Wonder Woman's voice.

Found the new 2-packs today (at Target, if you're looking) and picked up Luke and Danny (the Lord of Braddock Manor will have to wait). Nice set, but Cage has that horrible chalky paint highlighting that they used on the Secret Wars set; I thought we'd gotten away from that. By the way, for anyone still looking for Deadpool and Taskmaster, they look to be shipping with the new sets as well.

Popped open the newest wave of these tonight and I'm less excited about a bunch of redone characters once I had them out of the package. They're not bad, but at this point in the line I'd hope they'd have better QC on these (a few bad paint jobs). Plus I can't figure out why Magneto is sculpted with part of his cape up against the backside (it looks kind of funky). On a scale of one to ten, I give this wave a 'meh'. Anyway, here's some pics (gotta justify the new camera somehow):

101_0164-1.jpg

101_0162-1.jpg

101_0160-1.jpg

101_0158-1.jpg

101_0159-1.jpg

101_0155-1.jpg

They're not terrible. . . but i wont be picking them up.

I have the iceman from XMOW and i think i like him better. The Wolverine looks pretty good - but i currently have 4 MU wolverines.

Mags looks great as well, but i'm not an 'Ultimate' fan. And i never understood why they did that with his cape either. I think it was an atempt to make it look like it was flapping about in the wind?

They're not bad figures . . . but when we are still waiting to see Rogue, Rescue, Emma Frost, Agent Brand, Tigra, etc . . . it's a shame to see so many male characters being given their 2nd (Absorbing Man, Magneto) 3rd (Iceman) 12th? (Wolverine) & 357th (Iron Man) figures.

Even if MU don't want to address the under-representation of females in their line, how bout some unmade big name male hero's & villains? Where's Beast? Hercules? Banshee? Toad?

I know they're not HUGE names, but it's a shame we don;t have them - especially when MU releases waves that are entirely made up of already released characters.

Okay, can someone tell me where the !@#$ the Guardians of the Galaxy set is being found? I've seen the three packs all over the place, but it's always just FF, Avengers, and X-Force. Are they an exclusive, or shorpacked, or what? Hellpop needs Rocket Raccoon!

bought ultron today. outstanding figure!

agreed but I don't get why his energy is green. Should be red right?

Might be a reference to Ultron Extreme, who did glow green. Doesn't matter to me, quite frankly, i love the creepy green glow of him, it looks more sinister IMO. And Hasbro already did Red Ultron anyway. :P

Was very fortunate to get Ultron and Commander Rogers from my LCS the other day, and while i love the Ultron, Commander Rogers is my new favorite toy, maybe surpassing even Doctor Strange. I loved Steve in this, the comic and Secret Avengers are great, and the figure is immensely fun as a toy should be. Can't recommend him enough; if you like Cap at all, and loved the Strange figure, buy this one on sight; he's that worth it.