UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Universe 3.75" Figures

Finally my area is starting to get Waves 15 & 16. I still haven't seen X-23 unfortunately, however I have seen Darkhawk, Namor, Commander Rogers, Ultron, Absorbing Man, Astonishing Wolverine, Iceman and Magneto all at least once now. Glad to see these at last. I only bought Wolverine and Rogers, though. Wolvie is a repaint of the figure that came in the X-Force team pack, but the head sculpt (with the shorter mask "horns") is appropriate for this costume. The left leg was a little loose on mine, but I think this is a good Wolverine. It would have to be for me to get another fig of him. I also didn't think I would be getting yet another Captain America, but this fig is different enough from the others and has a great head sculpt. He is also extremely poseable. He even has the hinged neck that Dr. Strange & Colossus has... oh, and his guns actually fit great in his hands (a rarity for MU in my opinion).

post-2001-0-94180700-1320370121_thumb.jppost-2001-0-92029400-1320370137_thumb.jp

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just nailed a FF variant pack. Not only did I feel the accomplishment of finding a super wanted set of mine, but I also took it away from a complete detriment to my local nerd community. Turns out he started working there and informed me that he wish I didn't find his hidden treasure, after he unboxed it he stuck it behind some random toys on the other side of the aisle. It felt good to see his face after he insisted that he checked us out at his register.

Edited by ImABarRoomHero

Nice score. I came across a few repacked sets this week and got to explain to my kids what people do. There was an Avengers set with gold Iron Man switched for a movie version, but the FF one was even better. They switched Reed and Ben with the first versions that came out and Sue was a GI Joe movie Scarlett (poor HERBIE got left behind). What was funny is some guy inthe aisle with us was looking at it when we were. He picked it up and said 'Man, that is so wrong.' I agreed that what they had done was wrong, then he said 'No, I meant it's the Fantastic Four and there's only three people in there. Where's the Human Torch?'. I thought it was hilarious that he missed the obvious.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm always on the fence on this debate. In the end it generally comes down to how much I enjoy the package vs. the toy. My Minimates I open without a second thought or minutes hesitation. My MU figs I just love those cards and hang them on the wall. But in either case the decision is never really based on future value.

My vote, sounds like you have a great time with your play area.. err "Display" so tear into that bad boy.

Damn, That is SWEET!

I have been agonising over the ebay prices and whether or not to bite the bullet and buy it or not.

Personally - i'm an opener. With the exception of 1 MArvel Legend figure (Dark Phoenix - which i paid too much for on eBay) i have opened every toy i have bought. Some i keep the packages for (Minimates), others i toss it out (MU & ML). I can't tell you what to do. But i know I think my toys look a lot cooler out of the box.

IMAG0142.jpg

FREEDOM!!!!

IMAG0143.jpg

Thanks for the advice. Also, if you are looking to nab this figure I highly recommend just signing up for digital comics. If you are a hardcore reader, it's literally the best $60 you could spend. I'm catching up on so many old books. Only drawback is it doesn't work on any mobile OS's, gotta read on a computer.

Ah - you've made a wise choice! He looks fantastic.

My issue is that i live outside the U.S.A / Canada & so even though the cheapest way to get him is the Digital Subscription, the option isn't open to non-Northern Americans :(

He does look glorious out of the box. I hope you're enjoying his freedom :thumbsup:

I'd have to say that Archangel is right on par with Nick Fury when it comes to grails. Of course, Nick came out a year ago and the price has dropped quite a bit, so it'll be interesting to see where Archangel sits this time next year. I just hope if they continue releasing characters this way thatthey keep making variations of characters they've already released so I'm not tempted to buy them.

It's definitely one of my Grails. I've been pretty loucky and found almost every MU i've wanted so far, but that Archangel has so far eluded me.

As an X-fan, i think it's going to be my grail for a while yet.

I'd have to say that Archangel is right on par with Nick Fury when it comes to grails. Of course, Nick came out a year ago and the price has dropped quite a bit, so it'll be interesting to see where Archangel sits this time next year. I just hope if they continue releasing characters this way thatthey keep making variations of characters they've already released so I'm not tempted to buy them.

The next big digital comic figure is going to be maskless Doom with the Infinity Gauntlet. They showed this at NYCC this year.

Marvel-Universe-09_1318624926.jpg

really? I mean if we need to get a character variant as an exclusive I kind of think this one is pretty classy. I also like that they used artwork from the cover to secret wars for the card art. I was actually giving serious thought to selling off the Doom I have in favor of the Victor variant

This is a great character variant in my opinion.

It's retro and a bit esoteric. not everyone NEEDS to have it.

I personally think that having a pretty integral character like Nick Fury in his most iconic look as an exclusive is a bit of a shame. Where as this is more of a bonus for those who want the Marvel subscription, but not what i'd classify as an essential variant.

If this was a variant sold on shelves I'd buy it, but not if it takes $60 to get it plus mail-in fees. I'm not saying it's not cool, just that it's not worth the cost of the hoops you have to jump through to get it.

And yes, only offering Nick Fury through the mail-in was a cruel. The mail-in promotion should only be limited to variants IMO.

If this was a variant sold on shelves I'd buy it, but not if it takes $60 to get it plus mail-in fees. I'm not saying it's not cool, just that it's not worth the cost of the hoops you have to jump through to get it.

And yes, only offering Nick Fury through the mail-in was a cruel. The mail-in promotion should only be limited to variants IMO.

Now that thought I agree with completely. The only reason I'm even considering it is because I have been kicking around the idea of signing up for a subscription to MDC already this may be the excuse I need to pull the trigger. Hopefully they will reissue Nick on a regular MU card in the future instead of the silly box he comes in.

The problem with the Doom figure I have is that it could be easily made by anyone using a Doom body and a Commander Rogers head. Plus a gauntlet from the upcoming Adam Warlock. Fury had unique tooling and X-Force Angel a unique paint deco. Besides the box, Doom has nothing new to offer really.