UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Wave 25 Guesses

Jatta Pake

We used to have frequent "Guess who's next" threads here at the Multiverse, so I'm bringing it back.

Give us your guesses for Marvel Wave 25!

I'm gonna guess Wolverine Movie minimates which will debut at NY Toy Fair 2009. I'm going to go out on a limb and say Wave 26 will also be Wolverine Movie minimates, and they will be released much like the Spider-Man 3 Minimates were released together.

Wave 25

Deadpool and Sabertooth 2-pack

Agent Zero and John Wraith/Kestrel 2-pack

Victor Creed and Logan 2-pack

Victor Creed and Weapon X Logan (variant) 2-pack

Wave 26

Young Logan and Silver Fox 2-pack

Gambit and Beak 2-pack

Weapon XI and Wolverine 2-pack

Weapon XI and De-Clawed Severe Beat Down Battle Damaged Wolverine (variant) 2-pack

What do you think?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to agree with you and strangely enough I was just thinking this morning that since Gambit and Deadpool are supposed to be in the Wolverine movie that we should definitely be getting them in a wave soon. I think a Wolverine movie wave would be good. I wonder if there will be anything done to add more Punisher mates with that new movie opening at the end of the year. (I just watched the teaser for that and it looks ok). I don't have more specific guesses but I am crossing my fingers that we will get Gambit and Deadpool since the next really big Marvel movie will have them in it!

I don't think we will see comic accurate Deadpool and Gambit until Wave 27, but I think they are a sure thing. I also think we could see a Previews Exclusive Modern Cable and Deadpool 2-pack. It would also be cool to see a Gambit and Mr. Sinister 2-pack.

i was just thinking about wolverine mates for the movie today. however, i was thinking of a comic boxed set like the spiderman one released last year

-Some type of wolverine (1st appearance jim lee or a new civillian maybe)

-Weapon X wolverine

-Saberthooth (classic or jim lee)

-Deadpool

-X-23 or Jubilee or silver fox

i was just thinking about wolverine mates for the movie today. however, i was thinking of a comic boxed set like the spiderman one released last year

-Some type of wolverine (1st appearance jim lee or a new civillian maybe)

-Weapon X wolverine

-Saberthooth (classic or jim lee)

-Deadpool

-X-23 or Jubilee or silver fox

I forgot that the Spider-man one came out around the same time as SM3 -- between that and the Iron Man box they're putting out next month, it's looking good that they'll release a comic-based set to capitalize on the Wolvie movie, which I'd be much more interested in than the inevitable movie mates wave.

Personally, I'd love to see Weapon X, Gambit, Deadpool and Jubilee, but any of them would be enough to make me buy a set.

i would shit twice and fall back in it for a longshot minimate

but as far as wave 25 goes...man it is anybodys guess.

I mean we have had such a windfall of long time requests (thor and hawkeye) to out of blue choices (demon in a bottle tony) that hell anyone stands a good shot

my only hope is someday we will get a classic beast. THEN my avengers could be complete...well if they threw in black knight too :)

classic beast ownz but on that note how about a mix of old/new avengers?

Hercules

Black Panther

Black Widow

Falcon

Tigra

Ares

now thats a nice batch of avenger mates

someone put this man on the DST selection panel stat!

If only man, if only

Id killer that avengers lineup or my xmen wave

i cant think of any other characters who need made before these guys

I'd like to see a Punisher wave using both movies. Call me crazy. :wacko:

Happy to oblige... You are Crazy... :biggrin:

I expect wave 25 to be:

Quick change Spidey. ( Featuring half covered kissy-face mask & Hulk Underoo's)

Red/Blue Costume Venom.

Back in Black Aunt May.

Leather thong Dr Octopus.

Snow globe Mysterio ( Head is a snow globe).

Wolverine ( In Spidey Costume)

Variant: Electro.

T.

:D heres my guess

wave 25:deadpool,gambit

red skull,mandarin queen storm,brood, varient blackpanther instead of brood

wave 26:black bolt,anihilus blob,toad demogoblin,moonknight including parts for monster moonknight,vareint sabertooth instead of toad

I expect wave 25 to be:

Red/Blue Costume Venom.

Honestly, now that you mention these, I'm kind of surprised that we haven't seen them yet. Wolvie in a Spidey costume :lol:

I'd like to see a Punisher wave using both movies. Call me crazy. :wacko:

Happy to oblige... You are Crazy... :biggrin:

I expect wave 25 to be:

Red/Blue Costume Venom.

Back in Black Aunt May.

Leather thong Dr Octopus.

Snow globe Mysterio ( Head is a snow globe).

Variant: Electro.

T.

No No No No No. That's just cruel, man. C-R-U-E-L. What's worse is thyat DST may read this and get ideas. Bad TBT Bad. (Squirts TBT with spraybottle.)

:D heres my guess

wave 25:deadpool,gambit

red skull,mandarin queen storm,brood, varient blackpanther instead of brood

wave 26:black bolt,anihilus blob,toad demogoblin,moonknight including parts for monster moonknight,vareint sabertooth instead of toad

Whoa, stop right there. Black panther as a varient? Do you want another Black Spidey? Now Queen Storm and Black panther makes sense with, I don't know, This guy (third one) as the variant. He's somewhat obscure and looks enough like a painted black panther to be a variant. Save Brood for a WWH wave or a Warbound boxset.

And Sabertooth as variant? Once again, black Spidey. people want a classic sabrtooth, probably more than they want a Demogoblin. These variants just don't make sense, they're too popular to be good variants.

Great - now that I've imaged this, I can't stop thinking about this. A Mysterio Minimate with a water-filled ball for his head. Maybe with some goldfish...

I'll do you one better. Inside the fish bowl is a fish and a little scuba diver that looks mysteriously like Mysterio.

As for my wave guesses, I'd say we're due for an X-Men wave, especially since we're getting a Spidey wave 24. Whether it is the Wolverine movie or just a comic wave is beyond me. But with the movie coming next year, I'd say it's a good bet to say we'll see some X-Men related 'mates in some capacity, definitely some Wolverine related ones. We haven't had a good civilian Logan in a while.

Oh, and I'd love to see Punisher 'mates too. I've even customized my own wave of them, though I haven't finalized them yet.

Harry Heck and his guitar

the Russian with the crowbar and weight from his big fight

Howard Saint with a cigar, a gun, and maybe a knife

Punisher with his jacket, skull shirt, suitcase of money, and the bad ass guns he had

Punisher with flack jacket and painted on skull, with sawed off shotgun and bow and arrow

Battle-Damaged Frank with the paper cutter, grenade, gun, and bottle of Wild Turkey

The variant would probably be Otto Creed, Howard's son (either), wife, or Mickey

I may consolidate my Punishers to make room for Quentin Glass in the wave.

I doubt we'll get a wave from the new movie from DST, though I hope it will open the door for a Jigsaw minimate down the line.