UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

So... what's up with AA's website?

hyejinx1984

So, let's see what the tally is for me.

One Iron Man boxset (most likely Through the Ages as seen in pic 1

One 24 two pack (above Invaders. No idea which one, though.)

Darktide

BTTF 3 (behind 24)

Strange yellow box behind puppet's head

In pic 1 above his head to the right is yet another set of unknown origin. Possibly TGTBTU. Looks like it to me. It's also the yellow one on pic 2

To the right of that is a red packaging. I think it's Iron Man through the Ages (SDCC and AFX logos on it. Probably IMTTA)

In the right side of the frame is a baggie of something which is the right size for mates and looks like it has some random parts. Perhaps your giveaway mates?

Also on the desk is a baggie with a blue-shirted mate in it.

There is a minimate at the base of Iron Man's flame which does not look like any of the IM mates from the wave or the mystery picture on the website. It looks like it may be a Cylon. BSG people, any idea?

That's what I got.

Edited by Trekker 42

So, let's see what the tally is for me.

One Iron Man boxset (most likely Through the Ages as seen in pic 1

One 24 two pack (above Invaders. No idea which one, though.)

Darktide

BTTF 3 (behind 24)

Strange yellow box behind puppet's head

In pic 1 above his head to the right is yet another set of unknown origin. Possibly TGTBTU. Looks like it to me. It's also the yellow one on pic 2

To the right of that is a red packaging. I think it's Iron Man through the Ages (SDCC and AFX logos on it. Probably IMTTA)

In the right side of the frame is a baggie of something which is the right size for mates and looks like it has some random parts. Perhaps your giveaway mates?

Also on the desk is a baggie with a blue-shirted mate in it.

There is a minimate at the base of Iron Man's flame which does not look like any of the IM mates from the wave or the mystery picture on the website. It looks like it may be a Cylon. BSG people, any idea?

That's what I got.

In the shot that has the protos of the new movie Iron Man mates in....if you look carefully at an enlarged version you can see that it looks like the 'in flight' Iron Man has new, more flattened hands....kinda like how he has them in the movie to help fly

Jeff of the Miniacs

That's what I got.

*Gives Trekker a cookie*

T.

Gratzi. and SDCC proved me wrong on the mysteious yellow box. It was A Fistful of Dollars not The Good the Bad and the Ugly. Oh well, I'll still take the cookie.

• 4 months later...

That's what I got.

It's at the top of this page.

That is pretty cool; i'm kinda mad none of us actually noticed or questioned it. ;)

I think Trekker was the only one to throw out a guess. But the thing was is we didn't even have the Iron Man Mates yet to compare to so we had no idea what the back of the Iron Man Mates looked like. Plus if you told me to guess which version would they revamp I would have never guessed Stealth IM. Glad they did though, easily in my new top favorites!!

i see the james rhodes in the picture was in his air force uniform, man i wish we'd got that version

Yeah, I saw that and was wondering if that who it was. Repaint of the General Ross body with the Rhodey head, maybe?

EDIT: Just took it into Photoshop, and yes, that's what it is. Check it out (sorry for the blurry quality):

IronMan_closeup.jpg

Edited by boyd

I think it's the one the terrorist gets that comes in the Hostile Takeover boxed set. That set also includes a battle damaged Iron Man.

Here's a better shot of the display:

IronMan_group.jpg

From left to right, it looks like the Rhodey in uniform, Tony, terrorist leader Raza, Iron Monger, Battle-Damaged Iron Man, Stane, and the Stealth Iron Man. That's six figures - enough for a second wave of Iron Man Movie Minimates. Makes me wonder if they had plans to do a second wave, but ended up doing the box set exclusive with AFX and using Stealth Iron Man for TRU.

Makes me wonder if they had plans to do a second wave, but ended up doing the box set exclusive with AFX and using Stealth Iron Man for TRU.

If that were the case, then I could see the Stealth IM being the variant, as it is just a paint variant to the battle damaged variety.

Maybe Rhodey in officer's get-up, and another Tony variant of some kind will be the "Target exclusive" pack that will be released along with wave 23 sans variant. (not very likely--just because no one would buy wave 23 at Target. . .except us)