UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

So... what's up with AA's website?

hyejinx1984

http://artasylum.com/

What's it counting down to? and why is it taking 47 days??

Hmm. . .the most obvious guess would be a site relaunch. If so, I wonder why? And I wonder what this would mean, if anything, for these boards?

Edited by karamazov80

Ok really stupid newbie question. Do they have anything to do as far as making minimates or is that just DST? Also, what what their involvement with DST before as far as the brand was concerned? Did they design them or something?

Edited by Fo Shizzle

Nothing is wrong with the AA forum, it's still there ;) Someone ask a similiar question in another forum and this was where I found the link. With DST and AA merging, I don't know how this affects their forum though? DST has said in the past they weren't interested in a forum and enjoyed the various Q & A's on the boards. But they also say, "Never say never" too :D

Nothing is wrong with the AA forum, it's still there ;)

That is funny. I thought that that forum closed down or something, which spurred the creation of this one. I don't think that I had even seen that site before today. :wacko:

Edited by karamazov80

AA used to have a pretty nifty site, especially when they were launching the big Enterprise figures. They used voices and music and overall did a pretty hot job, except that they rarely updated it.

The current incarnation has had sporadic news and is really a gateway for the forums.

I really hope it is a re-launch.

• 3 weeks later...

That is funny. I thought that that forum closed down or something, which spurred the creation of this one. I don't think that I had even seen that site before today. :wacko:

:lol: I know what you mean Karamazov80. I resigned my membership there a looong time ago, like most and hit these happy halls throughout my day :P AA was my 1st forum, Palisade my 2nd. Now both are pretty much gone for me :( Most of the awesome folks I knew over there are in this forum and alot more positive vibe is enjoyed by all.

:lol: I know what you mean Karamazov80. I resigned my membership there a looong time ago, like most and hit these happy halls throughout my day :P AA was my 1st forum, Palisade my 2nd. Now both are pretty much gone for me :( Most of the awesome folks I knew over there are in this forum and alot more positive vibe is enjoyed by all.

Those were the days, weren't they. I do like this site much better than what AA's became, but I do miss the Palisades one. It's like all the crap I didn't like on there is all that's on the creatusmaximus site, which I suppose is as close to a replacement site as there is. Don, I saw your exchange on there about trading stuff and that pretty much sealed my not going over there again. It was just a good example of what it's become.

• 4 weeks later...
Ok I havent found the IM pics yet but the SDCC giveaway minimates bit really was a nice little surprise....cant wait to see/get some of those guys!

Jeff of the Miniacs

Shazam!! :lol:

http://www.artasylum.com/gallery/Angel%20Puppet/

Did they have a pic of the giveaway Mate?? Didn't see it anywhere...

Heh thanks for the link, I just found it too....did you see in the other Angel puppet photo the packages behind him? I see the invaders one and then some others that I cant quite make out.

as for the giveaway mates(4), I havent found any pics but am scanning through those desk shots for any chance sighting!

Jeff of the Miniacs

Yeah when I zoomed in I could make out 'Man' on the box clearly so that must be it. That Iron Man Mate on the desk looks like the one on shopafx.com that had the terrorist, red shirt Tony, etc. It must be a version of him in flight mode or something with his drag flags extended and re-using the Human Torch flight base.

This one:

http://www.shopafx.com/exclusives8.html

Edited by Fo Shizzle

hehe...

Lots of hidden gems in the site, the only interesting part will be to see IF they keep it updated.

T.

p.s. they really need to sort out all the typo's though!!! must be driving BHM nuts ;)

Yeah, in the second photo there is the Iron Man box, but a little to the left of it (just above the puppets head) is the invaders box. I don't know if anyone has noticed this, but I just thought I'd point it out.

Vig