UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man Movie

Jatta Pake

I loved this movie it was easily the best of the Marvel movies and jumped right into my top ten favorite movies of all time. It was so comlpetely satisfying! I don't think there any one but Robert Downey Jr couldn've played that part and Gweneth Paltrow with a red tint in her hair is so hot! You all must race out and see this movie ASAP it is awesome!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just coming in here to agree with everyone else. Saw it last night at a cool 8 PM showing (thanks, Drafthouse!), and it did indeed rock my socks off. I absolutely loved it, and also think that it's the best of the Marvel movies so far, and just a good movie in general.

I wish I had known about the credits. I'm kicking myself for leaving.

(thanks, Drafthouse!)

You lucky SOB, Iron Man one day early is no big deal, but I frequently read Aintitcool and wish I got to see all the cool stuff that you guys get at the Drafthouse.

JUst got back from IM myself. FREAKIN' AWESOME!!! Go see this movie! Listen to the others here.... STAY TILL THE END OF THE CREDITS! You won't regret it. Thanks guys for the tip.

So glad I stayed for the credits. This film was amazing, just what Marvel Studios needed on its first run. Downey was awesome, I marveled at this film like I did the original Spider-man. I was skeptical about Favreau as director, but after seeing it, I couldn't picture anyone else making this film just like I couldn't see anyone but Downey as Tony Stark. This film is going to mop up at the box office.

Sorry speed Racer, but I think the Iron Avenger has your number.

I'm not a huge Iron Man fan, but this movie was excellent. Robert Downey Jr. was perfect as Tony Stark in this movie. My wife even liked this movie a lot and she isn't a comic book fan at all. I didn't stay for after the credits, so I'll have to go see this again on Sunday.

Dear friends,

Best super hero movie ever. Yes, even better than all 3 Xmen, Spiderman, Batman begins and anything else ever made.

That is all.

No offense, but you are wrong:

--Max Headroom isn't even a match for her

-Tank Girl

-Judge Dredd

-Kull the Conquerer

-Ninja Turtles 3

I could go on.

Also, it isn't fair to criticize the Spiderman films. Raimi made a controversial decision not to include Spiderman's giant flying, transforming robot, but we should all just get over it, and try to judge those films on their respective merits:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcxioU7AMM4

Edited by karamazov80

Dear friends,

Best super hero movie ever. Yes, even better than all 3 Xmen, Spiderman, Batman begins and anything else ever made.

That is all.

Also, it isn't fair to criticize the Spiderman films. Raimi made a controversial decision not to include Spiderman's giant flying, transforming robot, but we should all just get over it, and try to judge those films on their respective merits:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcxioU7AMM4

Totally,

That said, I totally loved Iron Man, it is easily one of my favorite comic book movies of all time.Say did anyone catch how they played

during Tony's award ceremony, a couple of scenes of Tony partying, and as Rhodey's ring tone

. It was the little references like that on top of the great story, acting, and effects that just made it for me.

Edited by Andimus Prime

Saw it yesterday... it totally rocked. and the good thing was there was hardly anybody in the theater :lol:

After I came home I felt compelled to play with my Iron-man minimate for a couple of hours.... I even found out how to make a quickie movie tony stark...

played for hours then finally I got some sleep... sorta...

Dear friends,

That is all.

No matter how lame that was, you gotta admit that Doom was better than McMahon as Doom

GREAT movie, a really great start for marvel studios, and set the pace for great, high quality marvel movies in the future. My favorite part of the whole thing is that unlike the other marvel movies it actually seemed like part of the marvel universe.

Jarvis, 10 rings,costume for rhodey, happy hogan, obviously avengers, etc...

Edited by the punisher=D

Please tell me you are messing with us. Please tell me that you're not saying that you liked the Hasslehoff Fury movie. Please say it was a joke.

No, it was awesome, as is all that Hasselhoff touches. I fail to understand your post :confused:

Where was the 10 rings reference at? I remember the rest (didn't know the ring tone was the old Iron Man song though).

I'm pretty sure that was the name of the "insurgent" group in Afghanistan. The leader-fella who wanted to rule all of "Asia" had a huge ring that he kept showing off.

Please tell me you are messing with us. Please tell me that you're not saying that you liked the Hasslehoff Fury movie. Please say it was a joke.

No, it was awesome, as is all that Hasselhoff touches. I fail to understand your post :confused:

that... was just frightening Please dear God make it stop.

I'm pretty sure that was the name of the "insurgent" group in Afghanistan. The leader-fella who wanted to rule all of "Asia" had a huge ring that he kept showing off.

Now that you mention it, I remember that. For some reason, I was thinking they had shown 10 rings somewhere, which is what made me think I had missed something.

I read on IMDB that early drafts of the script tied the movie to the Spider-Man movies by having Stark be the inventor of Doc Ock's arms. I imagine Sony having the SM rights may have caused some problems with that, plus Octavius said he made the things in SM2.

Anyone know if Cap's shield was in the movie? Someone at the HQ said it was.

Here is another weird connection- wiki . In the movie, the leader of the rebel army (Raza) mentions ghangis khan and the way he conquered with the bow and arrow. I thought that they were making reference to Mandarin. Check out the first line of the link

Anyone know if Cap's shield was in the movie? Someone at the HQ said it was.

I'm pretty darn sure there was no such thing in the movie, and I'm also pretty darn sure I was watching all throughout. Ah, well. We'll know once one of us gets an overseas DVD copy... B)

Edited by Alpheon

Hey gang, been silently observing for a while.. but thought i would chime in... :)

Iron Man the movie ROCKED HARD!

I loved it. I am a moderate Iron Man fan and I was a bit disappointed in the animated film they put out a little while back but every since seeing the Mark I suit at SDCC last summer i have had a good feeling about this flick. As others have stated the acting and character development is as good as any hero show out there. Just solid. And for a superhero movie they did a pretty good job of blurring the line between reality and the fantastic.. you start to believe that this technical genius could develop a suit that lets him be a super hero.

Favorite parts of movie: anything with Tony using the final suit.

2nd favorite parts: all the hints at the bigger Marvel Universe.

i.e. S.H.E.I.L.D., Nick Fury, The Avengers Project, and that Stan Lee is a pimp.

:)

I also have seen talks about:

Tony Stark having a small appearance in The Incredible Hulk. I would love to see Tony and Nick Fury talking about the fact that if they can contain the Hulk, he could be a great asset to the Avengers. Loving it!!

As I have said many times in the last few years... Now Is A Great Time To Be A Super Hero Fan!!

-The Vox