UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Iron Man moviemates pic

MINI_MYTE

These are looking more and more slick the more I hear about them. Finally got around to going through Previews and saw the muscle-shirt Tony. I may be tempted into getting two sets of most of these to display both the armored and un-armored versions.

NIce.

I agree, I might have to get two sets of these as well. I still don't quite understand why all movie-based Minimates get released so late. I remember hearing something about licensing issues, but I don't get why normal Iron Man toys are already in stores and these get pushed to the back-burner. Does anyone possibly know the answer to this?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

These are looking more and more slick the more I hear about them. Finally got around to going through Previews and saw the muscle-shirt Tony. I may be tempted into getting two sets of most of these to display both the armored and un-armored versions.

NIce.

I agree, I might have to get two sets of these as well. I still don't quite understand why all movie-based Minimates get released so late. I remember hearing something about licensing issues, but I don't get why normal Iron Man toys are already in stores and these get pushed to the back-burner. Does anyone possibly know the answer to this?

Yes...

Ok just kidding with you. The answer is that DST is a fairly small company and someone like Hasbro (who I believe has the master toy license for the movie) are a lot bigger and therefore have more power to ask for access to the materials and art etc for the movies, much sooner than DST. To be honest this time it looks like they have gotten out of the gate fairly quickly and these should be available around the DVD releaes time.

T.

NIce.

Yes...

Ok just kidding with you. The answer is that DST is a fairly small company and someone like Hasbro (who I believe has the master toy license for the movie) are a lot bigger and therefore have more power to ask for access to the materials and art etc for the movies, much sooner than DST. To be honest this time it looks like they have gotten out of the gate fairly quickly and these should be available around the DVD releaes time.

T.

Awesome, thanks for the fast response. Here's hoping these don't get a delay like previous movie figs. I'm getting a little antsy for these new figures, haha.

these really look the bee's knee's i hope there's enough interest in them so they don't go the way of the ghost rider wave..

Dude... There's more than one character who looks inhuman, you can't have too many armors, and top that off with a new and interesting villain I think there's some potential for not being cancelled. This wave is fine.

The fact that this can just as easily fit in with the comic book mates adds to the likelihood of this set seeing production.

That's true. In fact, I was kinda surprised when I saw modern Iron Man in the Civil War box set, because I was planning on getting the movie one and using him as MIM. The fact that I can also easily make a Tony Stark with that head and an existing body makes my need for the IM movie mates all the smaller. I wish they had not put IM in the Civil War set, and subbed in someone like Speedball or Captain Marvel.

While I would have also liked to see another character released with the civil war set due to the iron man movie wave. I really have no complaints with having both sets.

Infact this will be my first movie set of mini's ( since the ghost rider movie was canceled) other then getting peter parker and eddie broack.

Does anyone know if the iron monger suit (or whatever the villian in the movie) is represented akin to his comic visualization. As well as the pepper pots girl.

I think that possibly the san diego convention mini ( keeping with tradition) could be like people have said already more civil war characthers. Or possibly the two most voted upon DC characters not yet made.

I think that possibly the san diego convention mini ( keeping with tradition) could be like people have said already more civil war characthers. Or possibly the two most voted upon DC characters not yet made.

With the IM movie mates due in August I suspect we'll see those at SDCC as an early release just for the Con. Probably instead of a specific exclusive.

T.

Ramses, it's close. It looks somewhat like this pic which is him from the comics, I think. at least that's what Google Images said and they've never lied before ;)

PS That's the first time I've ever posted a pic. Sweet it worked!

post-1316-1207675513_thumb.jpg

Edited by Trekker 42

Does anyone know if the iron monger suit (or whatever the villian in the movie) is represented akin to his comic visualization. As well as the pepper pots girl.

Not really and no. Iron Monger was basically a really big version of the Iron Man armor. It looked basically like the original armor on Steroids. Check out Iron Man #200 for more.

Pepper Potts was/is a redhead with freckles. She looks nothing like Gwyneth Paltrow (not that it's a big deal). Incidently, I think that's the first time in my life I ever typed "Gwyneth". It's an unnatural word to spell.

Or possibly the two most voted upon DC characters not yet made.

That... is a staggeringly good idea. I call Martian Manhunter and Two Face!! :thumbsup:

That... is a staggeringly good idea. I call Martian Manhunter and Two Face!! :thumbsup:

Surely the two most highly desired DC-mates are Mr. Tawky Tawny and Robby Reed (Dial "H" for Hero)!

Edited by karamazov80

Surely the two most highly desired DC-mates are Mr. Tawky Tawny and Robby Reed (Dial "H" for Hero)!

Well, you'd have to make about 50 different 'Mates to go along with Robby to do him right....

• 3 weeks later...