UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

It's time for Civil War!!!!

Yeah, I don't think anyone here is actually pissed about the set. Personally, I'd love it if they were included, but I'm already sold on what has been shown, so if anything else pops up, then that's just an added bonus. We get a Spider-Man with a removable mask, Iron Man with removable armor, and a Cap with hair. Heck, I was sold on this set when it was just the bare bones minimum Iron Spidey, part reuse Iron Man, new mask Cap, and basic Nitro.

Oh, and after reading Avengers: The Initiative #10

I only need three box sets now that one of the Scarlet Spiders is dead. Though I could pop the head off of one.

<_<

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timbo, don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled with this set. I was more wondering how they might go about doing the arms, if they could pull it off.

It's ok Cappy, I'm not pointing the stick at anyone, just trying to keep things positive.

As for how to do the arms... I'd probably have done them this way...

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.ph...ost&p=18882

(so yeah a shameless self promotional moment by me for the custom I did well over a year ago)

T.

If I can get this set, I'll probably do what I did to Venom, Carnage, and my Build a Better Octopus program which is use painted twist-ties. Don't laugh compadres, I cna now actually do something with Ock. Before, his arms were slightly useless, but now I have complete control of anything his arms do. Now he can walk on his arms. It rocks

If I can get this set, I'll probably do what I did to Venom, Carnage, and my Build a Better Octopus program which is use painted twist-ties. Don't laugh compadres, I cna now actually do something with Ock. Before, his arms were slightly useless, but now I have complete control of anything his arms do. Now he can walk on his arms. It rocks

did you do the same thing i did :lol:

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.ph...ost&id=1630

did you do the same thing i did :lol:

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.ph...ost&id=1630

Close. I just taped the arms to his back and he actually looks kinda cool. He isn't pregnant anymore either wich is an improvment.

in the interest of not starting a new thread, and since this is related, is anyone actually going to NYCC. if you do, lets try to meet up, because (cue dramatic music) i'll be there!!!, lol

seriously tho, I'd love to meet up with some board members at the con, should be fun, esp. if its better than last year, because last year was a great show.

• 2 weeks later...

http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=23&itemid=11418

Nothing really new here, although This line has me abit worried:

"Heralding the continuing success of our Marvel Minimates line, Action Figure Xpress will be offering a limited Civil War Minimates box set – only available on the New York Comic Con floor!"

I have never even been to New York City in my life, so if it is limited to that there is fat chance I'll get my hands on it without having to result to the secondary market. I hope it isn't true, this boxed set is awesome for 4 major reasons:

1. It has a totally sweet Spiderman Variant that doesnt involve spiderman's mask in some form of undress.

2. Modern/Extremis Iron Man which is pretty sweet and any Iron Man variant is a good variant.

3. It has an actual Marvel Villian in it.

4. It has Captain freaking America in it, awesome and covered in Thunderbolt and Pro-Reg hero blood.

Edited by Andimus Prime

I feel your pain guys... I really want a least one set of these but expect these to be available through the AFX site..

I'm getting a whiff of a few lucky sites previewing sets to review soon...

I guess we should watch this space for news...

T.

The only thing that stinks about this set is that Iron Man is using the Apocalypse boots from Series 19. He'll be way too tall with them.

I thought exactly that. I reckon I'll do a boot swap with a spare Movie Iron Man.