UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

It's time for Civil War!!!!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But it's an... AFX exclusive... and we Brits won't be able to get them...

Vig

*Goes off to cry somewhere*

Don't worry i got my defenders from my lcs i'm sure they'll get this set too

i can't belive how many cool minimate product's this year

but i'm thinking the only marvel minimate that we've seen but has not been in a set is that unmasked green goblin, maybe afx willl do him as an exclusive!

but i'm liking these "themed boxes" their doing maybe @ the end of the year we'll get a world war hulk box set :)

**UPDATE!!**

just got an e-mail from my lcs who have just heard from afx

these will be a New York Comic-Con exclusive (April 18-20) at the Javits Center then avaliable online after that for us people unable to get to the con!!

Nitro. exploding guy who [iirc] killed the original Captain Marvel via cancer and started Civil War by blowing up Stamford. er, belated spoilers. :D

i'm so happy they made this set .

i wonder if there'll be a second four-pack. i'm a little hazy on character choices but i'd like to see:

Nitro-exploded Wolverine skeleton [gotta have a Wolvie],

Thunderbolts Green Goblin [any excuse to get removable-mask Norman out there],

Speedball [or Penance, though i'd prefer the former]

and CLOR! [or Herc, or Black Goliath... especially if Marvel/DST have a new, bigger-than-2"-mates license in effect].

the lovely thing about structuring waves around an event is almost everyone is fair game! could even do up four-packs for Young Avengers [perhaps the same guys as in the ML 4-pack, switching Iron Lad out for Stature or the lovely Kate Bishop]. or a mutant-community-themed set of Deadpool, Cable, Bishop and, er, Storm. or a "Captain America"-themed set of Cap-Punisher, Winter Soldier, Red Skull and Sharon Carter... okay i need to lie down.

Very nice. Glad Iron Spidey found a home, and another villain like Nitro is always appreciated. Modern Iron Man is nice, though not as detailed as his movie figures - I would have guessed that they would try to re-use a lot of the parts. And poor Cap - who has more battle-damaged figures now, Cap or Spidey?

I really like these box sets, and I really like the idea of making them event-themed. A 4-pack of Skrulls for Secret Invasion, maybe?

off the top of my head... Spidey's got comic battle damage, melee black costume, and SM3 battle damage to Cap's comic battle damage [from the Classic Punisher 2-pack] and this one. :D i LOVE the fact that they did the bloody shield thing from the promo poster though!

Yeah, there was the one that came with Venom in wave 2, battle damage black costume from the 4-pack, the one from the new avengers wave, and the one from the SM3 wave.

Then there's the 2 battle damaged Caps.

No contest.

Vig

Man that boxed set is freaking awesome! I love that Spidey and is one of the last really justified looks for him. The Cap looks good in Battle Damage, and is one of the most damaged figures to day judging by the mask. That Iron Man is sweet, yet another to add to my hall of armours. I really don't mind all the variants of Iron Man, so long as they are this good. Nitro is a nice addition too. Can't wait to get these!

Wow, Nitro is out of left field. I'm liking the new Iron Man too. And we only have to wait until April!!

Don't worry i got my defenders from my lcs i'm sure they'll get this set too

i can't belive how many cool minimate product's this year

but i'm thinking the only marvel minimate that we've seen but has not been in a set is that unmasked green goblin, maybe afx willl do him as an exclusive!

but i'm liking these "themed boxes" their doing maybe @ the end of the year we'll get a world war hulk box set :)

**UPDATE!!**

just got an e-mail from my lcs who have just heard from afx

these will be a New York Comic-Con exclusive (April 18-20) at the Javits Center then avaliable online after that for us people unable to get to the con!!

Does this mean that they will first be available for preorder at NYCC, then put on the website to preorder like the Defenders boxset? (first preorders taken at SDCC, then put up on AFX in August to be released in November)

Or will they be available for purchase at NYCC and then put up for purchase at the website? Meaning they will be released in April instead of put up to order in April and released later? Inquiring minds need to know!

I imagine Nitro was selected because he was the one who started it all, plus he's easy to make. You take a blank Minimate, add Ultimate Sabretooth's hair and Super Skrull's fire and you have Nitro. He's also the only character who doesn't really have any associates who would be hurt by being made, nor would he piss off the "he should be bigger" collectors. Mister Fantastic would necessitate the rest of the Fantastic Four. Yellowjacket and Goliath would be better suited in a larger scale. And Clor is just Thor.