UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 22 - The Incredible Hulk moviemates

MINI_MYTE

If you use your imagination, you may get a rough idea what the new Hulk and Abomination from wave 22 may look like.

Ok, i'm sure we call all guess that the Hulk will be big and green, but this is a new Abomination design.

***SPOILERS BELOW***

If you don't want to see what the Hulk and Abomination will look like in the new movie... close your eyes!

wizarduniverse_1990_182521520.jpg

abominationtoypicxg2.jpg

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my lord... it appears Abomination has been turned inside out. That'll be him before he has his make-up put on then...

Vig

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone else a little worried about this wave? The Ghost Rider movie wave was, by all accounts, a fiasco, and sounded like it put a big ding in DST's budget for Marvel mates last year. Several factors probably contributed to that, and I'm hoping they won't affect this wave:

1) Lack of timeliness. The GR wave wouldn't have been released anywhere near the movie's stint in the theater, or even the DVD release. Hulk comes out in June, which isn't a ton of time to get these done (unless they're already through licensor approval and in production). I won't presume to know DST's schedule, though.

2) Character popularity. As cool as GR is, he may not have had the mass appeal necessary to move product. What about Hulk? I don't want to start a flame war here – I like Hulk as much as the next guy, but is he really as broadly popular as Spidey or the X-men?

3) Overload on civilian mates. If we are getting Gen. Ross, he will obviously be a nice compliment to the other military-builder mates we have in Sgt. Rock and the Platoon set. Bruce and Betty are just civvies, though – for all practical purposes another generic guy and gal.

You could make the same arguments about the Iron Man movie wave, too, I suppose. I think the sheer coolness of the multiple sets of armor will make that a safe bet, though.

In short, I'm not trying to trash the Hulk wave, or say it shouldn't be made. I'm just floating these thoughts out there. It seems like the health of the Minimates franchise relies on every wave being a blockbuster rather than a "meh."

I think we have to wait and see what the other Characters are.

Movie's are people driven and not as 'colorful' as Comics so there is obviously going to be more 'civilian' type characters.

I think the biggest issue is the one DST has always had... Timing. I don't see this as entirely DST's fault as they can only have access to the likenesses and characters as the licensor/movie studio says they can and perhaps this leaves little time for production.

T.

Figures.com has confirmed 4 of the 'mates for the wave but no pics.

http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cg...le=700&nl=1

What I think is funny is their coverage of DC Minimates, linked on that same page:

"While no Minimates beyond Series 8 were on display, fans can be sure that DC will continue to build on this already extensive line of figures."

Guess they didn't get the memo.

If they are releasing General Ross, Betty, Abomination and Bruce, that leaves 2 more slots to fill (and a variant)- one is logically Hulk himself - who else? Rick Jones?

Maybe Samson or Samuel Sterns. Both would make sense.

how come we can see pics of the hulk super hero squad figures and not wave 22 :(

http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=23&itemid=11376

likeing that tank thing, my minimate nick fury has 1 on order :biggrin:

That abomination sucks! it looks like some kind of creature you would get on a cereal packet like count chocula.

I can see it now

Fudgynation monster says "Raggh. Kids gobble up your fudgychoc pops before I do, they are fudgelicious"

how come we can see pics of the hulk super hero squad figures and not wave 22 :(

http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=23&itemid=11376

likeing that tank thing, my minimate nick fury has 1 on order :biggrin:

It took me a few minutes to place that "tank". It's the Galactic Heroes landspeeder. Quite a brilliant move if you ask me.

Man, I'm sorry. I have tried. I can NOT like that Abomination. He's just awful.

Is this movie going to be the sequel to the first one or what?

Is this movie going to be the sequel to the first one or what?

I'm thinking they're doing like everyone else in the world and pretending the first one didn't exist.

AMEN. Yes it's a redo. Norton's script tells the origin. I truly hope he actually makes it a bomb this time.

Is it me or has every Marvel movie we've gotten true mates of (ignoring merely having comics mates out at the same time ie Wave 1 being out around when Daredevil and first Hulk film were out, Wave 8 close to the first FF movie) has not been...well.... good?

X-Men 3 didn't do great compared to the preceding movies, ditto Spidey 3, and IMO if Ghost Rider had be more successful we would have gotten them too, even delayed like the Last Stand mates were. Arguably if DST got better at the license timing thing, which admittedly is often out of their hands, having mates out before/during the cinema run of even a lackluster movie would drive them reasonably well.

• 3 weeks later...

thanks to AFX we now have the character lineup!

The Incredible Hulk isn't just invading movie theaters this summer, he's also gunning for your collection! This set of four 2-packs of 2" Minimates will feature Hulk & Bruce Banner, Abomination & Emil, Battle Damaged Hulk & Betty, and Battle Damaged Hulk & General Ross.

Jeff of the Miniacs

I'm happy to be getting more Marvel minimates, don't get me wrong. However, besides Betty Ross and the Thunderbolt Ross varient and Emil, we have all these characters. Okay, I guess we don't have a battle damaged Hulk, but you get my drift.

Why am I carping, I'll buy them.

Freakin' sweet!!!!

I am so excited, as my wallet isn't, for august to come around. Just hope they don't take a spiderman 3 mates turn down the road. I am sick of having a date semi set and then having a year go by after that date without MY FREAKING MARVEL MINIMATES!!!! LOL. Ok i'm done hulking out.