UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

I've been MUGGed!

Reideen1313

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For anyone who picked up the Chewie, does yours have the same light tan/dark brown coloring as that promo photo? The one I got is barely two tones, and more character-accurate brown... just wondering if this was changed in the middle of the run too, or if they were all switched to these colors prior to release...

Sure, if you see them around again, definitely take a look... it's either a variation or they just switched the paint app before they went into production...

I like the coloring on the one I got, I just wish it had more of a contrast between the two browns -- in some lighting it basically looks monotone, which makes the head look weird... you can see the difference if you click on the thumbnails at the bottom of this link: http://www.action-figure.com/index.php?nam...e&sid=22553

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Damn you Reideen!

I was holding off because I wasn't the impressed by the SW ones then you have to do show me an IM version...

Luckily I'm out of town camping this w/e or I could see a troublesome trip to target!

T.

p.s. If they ever did a Galactus or Sentinel versions then they might be a good sub in for maximates ;)

I'm sorry, those things are still some of the fugliest toys I've ever seen. I've thought about off-loading my Fett half a dozen times now, but the Fett complitest in me won't let me.

I'm sorry, those things are still some of the fugliest toys I've ever seen. I've thought about off-loading my Fett half a dozen times now, but the Fett complitest in me won't let me.

Yeah, that IM is sweet! I really liked the tongue on Venom, and if I'm going to buy Venom, I have to get Spidey. If I'm buying all the other three in the 1st wave, I pry should buy Wolverine to round it out....

Then there's series 2. Cap, Thing, Hulk and Dr Doom.

Must resist....(resistance is futile)....must resist....

Just been looking around some NYCC pictures of new stuff and they have what maybe wave 3 of marvel mighty muggs.

Thor, Ghost Rider, Symboite Spidey, and Doc Ock.

I would guess these are wave 3 as the last bunch of pics I saw where Hulk, Cap Am, Thing and Doom. and they where noted as wave 2

see this is what happens when you show pics, now i want a set too

i notice that in HMV they've put the star wars one's that they've got in next to the checkout i nearly "impulse bought" a Darth Vader on monday but the force was stronger with the I Am Legend dvd!!!!

DAMN IT!!!!!!

I went to lunch today and it was a cornicopia of new toys

GI Joe Wave 6 or 7: sorry I'm not good with waves (Viper, Spirit, HISS Driver etc) passed them up with no problem.

Incredible Hulk: 2 different kinds of Hulks and an Abomination: complete garbage, no issues leaving on the pegs.

Indiana Jones: Paint aps were not as bad as I heard...and yes I did get one, not for the toy but for the accessories for an Indy Minimate Custom...

and finally

Marvel Mighty Muggs: Shit man I tried, really tried, but these things are like a slice of fried gold. I got all 4 Spidey, Venom, Wolvie, and the flat best one there Iron Man!!!

I didn't want to but man I could NOT help it!!!!

DAMN YOU MINIMATE LULL!!!!

DANGER Fellow Minimate Addicts!!!! These are just as bad as minimates for awesomness!!!

If you see the box in the toy isle run away!!! or you too will get sucked in!!!

Now bring on Cap and Doom!!!!

moc847

Edited by murderofcrows

My sister ended up getting me Boba Fett as a belated birthday gift and I really like him!

For the price that they are and the size, they are a decent figure to have on my shelf.

I probably won't get any more of these, unless I am able to find someone getting rid of the Golden Idol from Raiders of the Lost Ark (Exclusive from one of the upcoming Cons)....that one just looks really cool to me.

Was just checking a website to see if they had BTTF series one in stock to tell another board member. No BTTF but i did come across these pics for marvel Mighty Muggs.

First pic I have seen of Thor with hammer plus all others released upto wave 3 http://www.play.com/Search.aspx?searchtype....x=0&go.y=0

• 3 weeks later...

I started to create a section for these, but hesitated because of the size. I have none, but will probably break down and get the Hulk.

I've seen the Iron Man and considered buying it a couple of times, but it would take up too much space in my little abode. . .plus, 10 bucks is a little much for me. If they were 5, I might be more inclined to buy a couple. . .only to immediately put them in a box in my closet due to lack of space. I like Venom's tongue, cheap rip-off of the Minimate though it is.

I've seen the Iron Man and considered buying it a couple of times, but it would take up too much space in my little abode. . .plus, 10 bucks is a little much for me. If they were 5, I might be more inclined to buy a couple. . .only to immediately put them in a box in my closet due to lack of space. I like Venom's tongue, cheap rip-off of the Minimate though it is.

I totally agree. too big too expensive. I mean they totally ketch my eye every time i walk pass them at target and LCS. The Star Wars ones are really sweet. but i keep telling my self "Star trek wave 4, Star trek wave 4, Star trek wave 4 got to build my army of borgs"

Altough if they made a Galactus mugg that might be the right size. <_<

Edited by maxcarnage