UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Star Trek Series 2 Detailed Pics

Okay, you whiners! Usually I like to take my time opening the packages, spreading the joy out over days or even weeks. But just for you all, I tore into the blister packs and took some pics. (Nobody, nobody accuses West Coasters of fibbing! :D )

First off, the packaging totally surprised me, it's blue!

ST2%20package.jpg

Chekov:

ST2%20Chekov.jpgST2%20Chekov%20b.jpg

Sulu:

ST2%20Sulu.jpgST2%20Sulu%20b.jpg

Uhura:

ST2%20Uhura.jpgST2%20Uhura%20b.jpg

Lots of phasers in this set, even Uhura gets one!

"The Cage" Spock:

ST2%20Spock.jpgST2%20Spock%20b.jpg

Gorn-fightin' Capt Kirk:

ST2%20Kirk.jpgST2%20Kirk%20b.jpg

I don't remember what those silver things are -- translators?

Gorn:

ST2%20Gorn.jpgST2%20Gorn%20b.jpg

The Gorn has a sculpted head, which is about the size of a standard head with a mask on it.

Swashbuckling Sulu:

ST2%20whacked%20Sulu.jpgST2%20whacked%20Sulu%20b.jpg

Oh no! DST went with colored plastic for the base colors. A policy that I'm not against, except that Series 1 were all painted colors. So the yellow shirt colors don't quite match up. They're close, but not quite there...

ST2%20yellow%20shirts.jpg

Thanks for the pics, Cappy. Really like the blue packaging. Very striking when compared to the red packaging.

And Chekov has really big puppy-dog eyes. Y'know, the kind of eyes you can just look into and you can tell he's all sensitive and really into you and enjoys listening to you, even if you're just complaining about how your day went. With those eyes, you can tell he like to cuddle.

I initially disliked the ST 'mates . This was also the case with the TV show ,which I remember watching for the first time, when it aired here in 1967. Looking back on it , I realise now how fortunate I was to be there right at the very beginning. The show ran here on BBC on Saturday evening ,dislodging Dr.Who in the process.That was the reason I initially disliked it ! Of course in the end I loved it. This was slowly happening in the same way with ST 'mates but now I've seen Uhura I'm hooked again. Uhura ,for many of you I'm sure, was just Kirk's sort-of- cyber-space- secretary. Not for me,I just loved her,she was(is) gorgeous & now she's available to me,at last.

I can't sign this off without emphasising how important that Star Trek 'Kiss' episode was. How far we've come in that 40 years . Just 40 years ago 'Kirk kissing Uhura' was considered a television first, the first interracial kiss on TV. It seems almost unbelievable now but there were massive protests against it, at the time ,in some quarters of the US.The bulk of the feedback to the network however was overwhelmingly positive! Uhura & Kirk actually helped to change a lot of things !

why as Spock got a smushed up spare hand, is it supposed to be a live long an prosper hand sign?

Yeah, probably the same one that came with the first wave Spock. It's not like they'll be able to re-use it unless they make a Sarek.

And I kinda wish they'd given Uhura her earpiece. Though it probably would have been a logistical nightmare she doesn't look right without it.

Those earrings on Uhura -- what was DST thinking? Sure she wore big spanglies on the show, but that green is far too distracting. And sadly, Uhura's red plastic is much darker than Scotty's red paint. I'm with Frowny -- Uhura must have her earpiece. All that said, I do like her quite a bit. She and psycho Sulu are my favorites of the set.

And yes, Spock comes with ecxactly the same salute hand he hand in Series 1.

For those wondering: like so many other MiniMate sluts, Uhura has gone commando. (As has the Gorn, but that's best not dwelt upon.)

Those earrings on Uhura -- what was DST thinking? Sure she wore big spanglies on the show, but that green is far too distracting. And sadly, Uhura's red plastic is much darker than Scotty's red paint. I'm with Frowny -- Uhura must have her earpiece. All that said, I do like her quite a bit. She and psycho Sulu are my favorites of the set.

And yes, Spock comes with ecxactly the same salute hand he hand in Series 1.

For those wondering: like so many other MiniMate sluts, Uhura has gone commando. (As has the Gorn, but that's best not dwelt upon.)

Alright, let's be fair-a la Star Trek 6, Gorn's genitals might not be located where we leave ours. I mean, he's got colanders for eyes. . . who knows what's going on?

Now these I did check out and something that's kind of cool is that Sulu is a shade lighter than the rest of the crew (sans Uhura). I do agree that Spock is kind of boring, it would have been nice to have him smiling that goofy grin. I'll most likely get another Spock in TOS uniform and put this head on that one, since he made that face in that run of the series.

Great pic.s Cappy! I'm excited and yet torn. The inconsistency of painted/molded shirts between series 1 & 2 is ridiculous. I wonder what would have caused this change in production? I always preferred the molded colors, but eventually began to accept the transition after Marvel started leaning towards this after the Iceman/Firestar series. Oh well, if it's really that distracting to me when I have these in hand, I can always try a part-swap between the two. Otherwise, these look awesome and I can't wait to assemble my 'lil crew on my (AMT/Ertl) Enterprise bridge model (still a WIP; needs painting). One-two weeks (weather permitting) to get my MM bridge in "ship shape". Since Chuck recently stated that series 4 would not be TNG, does anyone else think that we might see a few more TOS? I sure hope so. Also, does anyone else think that series 3's packaging might be gold/yellow?

Hey Cappy, can the Gorn hold his accessories nicely with those wonky looking hands?

Given Cappy's post above... I had to re-read everything to make sure I was clear on which "accessories" the Gorn was "Handling"...

I think I figured it out... :tongue: